Hot GM prospects for dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot GM prospects for dolphins

I don't think Ireland gets fired to be honest with you. Last year he was searching for players to fit a different scheme. This year he's looking for different types of skill sets. Add coaching to the mix, and it creates instability, and a lack of direction and identity on the roster.

I believe Ireland will have one more year with Philbin and his staff through the draft.

Just putting it out there because it's just as a real option as getting rid of him.

I don't think Ireland gets fired to be honest with you. Last year he was searching for players to fit a different scheme. This year he's looking for different types of skill sets. Add coaching to the mix, and it creates instability, and a lack of direction and identity on the roster.

I believe Ireland will have one more year with Philbin and his staff through the draft.

Just putting it out there because it's just as a real option as getting rid of him.

Unfortunately this seems plausible and the logic sound... But I truly hope your wrong and bring in a GM with West Coast offensive knowledge.

Not a chance the Niners would let him go, and why would he leave there for here? They're moving into a new stadium in the next few seasons, their team is successful, he's got it made there.

He will have 50 million dollars in cap space and unless changes are made a top 5 pick. There isn't a GM in or out of football who wouldn't take that.

Here is an Article talking about GM prospects at the beggining of the year. It talks favorably about Brian Gaines as though he might have been more responsible for the Cowboys decent run on talent then Ireland. Only other one on list who got employed after article was mckenzie. So comment away who you think dolphins should go after.

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d825b843b/
Why are we still *****footin around with old cowboys trash can someone please tell me what makes them so much better than anyone else or better yet how many championships have they won in the last 10 years. We need somebody who k ows real talent and not some jerry jones nut sucking ****

And no Ross is such and incompetent about the ggame football he will keep Ireland because he is to stupid to see that we suck so bad

Nick Caserio is pretty much your rock star candidate, but there's some question as to how easily we could pull him away from the Patriots, especially since the Patriots organization is not overflowing with respect for Steve Ross or the way the Dolphins' orgnanization is set up. To me, the only way you're going to snag Caserio is basically giving him total control of everything top to bottom. That might not be attractive given that he's only 36 years old.

Russ Ball is a more conservative choice but as he's got very little scouting experience, he would essentially be a Team President type and would be hiring Director of Personnel to play a strong role in the scouting effort.

A guy I would consider strongly for that role under Ball would be Anthony Patch of the Philadelphia Eagles. He's got some ties to Miami in that he worked for the Dolphins prior to joining the Eagles in 2002. He was a well respected west scout before being promoted to Assistant Director of College Scouting in 2010, behind now-Colts GM Ryan Grigson. Patch continued to work as a scout in that role but helped draft guy slike Nate Allen, Kurt Coleman, Clay Harbor, Brian Rolle, Jason Kelce and Dion Lewis. His work helped get Grigson the promotion to Indianapolis as GM and he took over as Director of College Scouting for Grigson. Right away just in this first draft of his I'd say he effing hit it out of the park. Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks, Nick Foles and Bryce Brown all look fantastic. Brandon Boykin looks pretty good as well. Not only that but their UDFA pickups have been great. Chris Polk made the team and actually looked good in preseason. They rave about Damaris Johnson. I don't know that Patch is strong enough a candidate to be the General Manager yet but if you had Russ Ball as a Team President then you could see about returning Patch to Miami as a Director of Personnel.

Eliot wolf would make sense since he was promoted when Mike Sherman was still Packers head coach so there's some history though. Philbin would like to have someone exposed to the Green Bay way of running personnel and who better than this young and up and coming executive.

two of the names in that article, Reggie McKenzie and Les Snead, are now GMs in the NFL with Oakland and St. Louis.

I'm gonna throw a name out there that may not be as well known; Omar Kahn. He has been with the Steelers since 2001 working as their main capologist and contract negotiator. He was promoted this year to Director of Business & Football Administration basically being the number 2 behind Kevin Colbert. He's a guy that has been rumored to be Bill Cowher's choice to be named GM for whatever team he returned to. Kahn's also only 35

Back
Top Bottom