Hot GM prospects for dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot GM prospects for dolphins

All you guys that want the "big time" GM are greasing the skids for Philbin to get the ax. I have been on record of wanting other candidates during the process. However, now that he is hired he should be allowed to let his system develop. He is has a QB he believes in and right or wrong Joe has a philosophy he believes in. A legit GM might give him a year, but if there is no success, he will want his own guy.

You got to find a match with someone that knows Philbin in some capacity.

Philbin hasn't done anything for any Dolphin to be attached to him anyways. I doubt he gets axed anytime soon.

Russ Ball has been a guy I have consistently liked. Nick Caserio is interesting as well.

Russ Ball also has the Green Bay connection, so he probably understands the philosophy that Philbin is trying to implement.
CK do you know much about Les Snead the Falcons Director of Player Personnel? As Thomas Dimitroff's right hand guy, Atlanta has had consistent success in upgrading their roster through the draft and free agency.

I would fire Ireland at the end of this year and then hire Bill Polian! With all the draft picks we have next year Polian would have us competitive in no time! The guy knows how to build a team.

Russ Ball also has the Green Bay connection, so he probably understands the philosophy that Philbin is trying to implement.
CK do you know much about Les Snead the Falcons Director of Player Personnel? As Thomas Dimitroff's right hand guy, Atlanta has had consistent success in upgrading their roster through the draft and free agency.

Jeff Fisher hired him to be the Rams general manager.

Eliot Wolf
Has worked with the majority of this staff from Green Bay
and is the son of Ron Wolf

• Named director of pro personnel on May 23, 2012. First joined Packers in 2004 as a pro personnel assistant (2004-2008); named assistant director of pro personnel (2008-2010) and assistant director of player personnel (2011).
  • Currently the youngest director of pro personnel in the NFL.
  • The son of former Packers general manager Ron Wolf, Eliot’s scouting career unofficially began at age 10, when he joined his father in film sessions at Lambeau Field.
  • Has worked 20 consecutive Packers drafts (since 1993) and 20 consecutive NFL scouting combines.
  • Graduated from the University of Miami (Fla.) in December 2003 after just 3½ years in order to begin his NFL career before the 2004 NFL Draft.
  • Born in Oakland, Calif., is a 2000 high school graduate of Green Bay’s Notre Dame Academy.

Eliot Wolf enters his ninth season with the Packers and first as the director of pro personnel after being promoted on May 23, 2012. Prior to his current role, Wolf spent the 2011 season as the team’s assistant director of player personnel and the previous three seasons as assistant director of pro personnel (2008-2010).

Originally named as a pro personnel assistant on Feb. 26, 2004, by then-General Manager/Head Coach Mike Sherman, Wolf spent four seasons in that position.
Currently the youngest pro personnel director in the NFL, his primary duties include scouting teams in the NFL and in-season advance scouting of upcoming Packers opponents. Wolf also is involved with college scouting during the season and is very active in the Packers draft.

He’s also worked 20 consecutive Packers drafts (since 1993), and nine NFL scouting internships — five with the Packers, three with the Atlanta Falcons and one with the Seattle Seahawks. Wolf has attended 20 consecutive NFL scouting combines.

Thoughts??

Nice, but it sounds like he'll be a Packer's lifer. Might be really hard to persuade him to leave the Packers.

two of the names in that article, Reggie McKenzie and Les Snead, are now GMs in the NFL with Oakland and St. Louis.

I'm gonna throw a name out there that may not be as well known; Omar Kahn. He has been with the Steelers since 2001 working as their main capologist and contract negotiator. He was promoted this year to Director of Business & Football Administration basically being the number 2 behind Kevin Colbert. He's a guy that has been rumored to be Bill Cowher's choice to be named GM for whatever team he returned to. Kahn's also only 35

But it doesn't sound like Khan has any scouting experience? I'm not sure he is the right guy running a draft, for example.

I know that there were some folks in the Raiders organization that really liked him. That's about it.

EDIT: Oops. See when you asked about him I was thinking damn I thought he'd already got hired somewhere, but since you asked about him I guess not. Turns out he was already hired somewhere.

I wonder about Eliot Wolf. How much is his reputation tied to his father? As we saw with Bill Polian and Chris Polian, that apple doesn't always fall close to the tree. He's the Pro Personnel Director on a team that avoids free agents like plague, for an organization that worships his father. That doesn't scream at me "I'm super qualified!"

Back
Top Bottom