how bad is sanchez | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how bad is sanchez

Sanchez had no time to throw yesterday and was getting killed within 2 seconds every play. It was pretty obvious where the problem was. When he had time, which were handful of plays, he made a few nice plays. But overall, his numbers were terrible due to a few reasons:

1. Terrible OL play
2. A few dropped passes
3. Playing against a top D

All this resulted in him throwing off balance, or much quicker than he practiced. He had a terrible day, but Sanchez shouldn't get the blame for the two fumbles and a bunch of QB hits. I will say that Sanchez could have done better, but this Ravens D is for real.

For the record, the two fumble return TDs were bogus calls. In the first one, his arm was continuously moving forward when the ball got loose and it should be a fumble. On the second one, his arm started the forward motion before the ball was loose, as evidenced by the ball landing 5+ yards away from him towards the direction his arm was moving.

Jets offense played horrid yesterday, but the officiating crew sucked. The missed a couple of roughing the punter penalties, plus several bogus holding calls. The holding call against Cromartie is getting old. U take away the bogus calls and the game is 20-17 with Ravens trying everything to get something going for them in the passing game too. Flacco looked much worse than Sanchez cuz he had all day to throw and yet went throw two straight quarters of incompletions.

how is this loss no big deal? you guys have now lost 2 in a row, your o line has looked like **** so far this year, your running game has sucked also the entire year, and you lost to a team that is in the same conference, and while i think they will win that division so it wont matter, it could possibly effect a tiebreaker if they are fighting for the wildcard.

also, if you guys lose to the pats next week, you guys fall 2 back, which in football, although not impossible, is a pretty big margin.

as a dolphin fan we have enough issues and im not gonna sit and rip on the jets as much as id like to because the state of my team, but if you think its not big deal, then you may want to think again.

Its very simple ... It's no big deal because it basically gets erased if we beat the Pats next week. We're trying to win the division, and a win next week puts us where we need to be. (Especially since the Bills will probably lose to the Eagles).
I remember last year when we lost game one to the Ravens and everyone on here immediately made the jump to 0-4.
Remember those predictions? How did that turn out?
Rememebr this board after 45-3?? we were supposed to be done after that game too, weren't we?

One loss = One loss. No more, no less.

Beat the Pats and we're in a good spot moving foward.
Lose to the Pats, and we'll have an uphill climb.

When the Jets fan base wakes up realizes that ol' Dirty isn't any better then the guy we have/had taking snaps in Miami they will be better off. The Jets win if they can play outstanding D and rush the ball.

You take one of those aspects away from the Jets and they falter time and time again.

The loss to Ravens is OBVIOUSLY is huge blow. They are in the conference and we've already lost two in-conference games. I'd like to know if any of the Jets, Dolphins or Bills have ever swept Brady in a year. I can't recall it. Chances are, Jets will not sweep Pats and most likely go 1-1 against them. Which means, every other game is important.

This game Sanchez is bad, but if it were Miami playing and Henne was playing just as bad it would be the oline's fault.

Actually, the Sanchize fanboys on GangGreen are blaming the OL, specifically the absence of Mangold, despite the fact that their offense wasn't all that good with Mangold. If an OL with 2 Pro Bowlers on it (ie C and LT) can't pass block and can't run block, that says something is seriously wrong with more than the OL. I'll vote for the coaching scheme.

Its very simple ... It's no big deal because it basically gets erased if we beat the Pats next week. We're trying to win the division, and a win next week puts us where we need to be. (Especially since the Bills will probably lose to the Eagles).
I remember last year when we lost game one to the Ravens and everyone on here immediately made the jump to 0-4.
Remember those predictions? How did that turn out?
Rememebr this board after 45-3?? we were supposed to be done after that game too, weren't we?

One loss = One loss. No more, no less.

Beat the Pats and we're in a good spot moving foward.
Lose to the Pats, and we'll have an uphill climb.
ok, but this year as a jet fan you should be more concerned.

yes, they can easily right the ship with a win next week, but look at these trends this year.

through 4 games, your oline has stunk it up not just one game, but every game. your running game has looked like garbage, not for one game, but every single game. these are trends.

your passing game seemed alot more dynamic with edwards and cotchery than it does with mason and burress.

you guys are far from dead, but as a jet fan, their is reason for concern.

When the Jets fan base wakes up realizes that ol' Dirty isn't any better then the guy we have/had taking snaps in Miami they will be better off. The Jets win if they can play outstanding D and rush the ball.

You take one of those aspects away from the Jets and they falter time and time again.

You are wrong on this one. Jets tried running the ball and they failed. They tried passing, and there was no time for the QB. Which leads one conclusion. Its not the QB. Its the OL. Two major injuries to the OL and the backup being an undrafted rookie snapping the ball. The Mangold injury is huge because now the teams are attacking the center of the OL.

You are only as strong as the weakest link. Mangold will most likely be back next week and should see 'some' stability in our OL.

are you people really that blind? did you happen to notice the blocking tonight?
probably not because it isn't there.

the bottom line is this is no big deal ... one game that doesn't mean much.
beat the pats next week and it's all good in Jetland with both teams being 3-2 and the pats with 2 division losses.

if we lose next week it's time to panic.

You, sir, are in denial. As a Bills fan, I've had lots of experience watching crappy teams heading for losing seasons, and the Jets have that look in spades. The OL problems are simply symptoms of much bigger problems.

ok, but this year as a jet fan you should be more concerned.

yes, they can easily right the ship with a win next week, but look at these trends this year.

through 4 games, your oline has stunk it up not just one game, but every game. your running game has looked like garbage, not for one game, but every single game. these are trends.

your passing game seemed alot more dynamic with edwards and cotchery than it does with mason and burress.

you guys are far from dead, but as a jet fan, their is reason for concern.

This is a nice assessment and I agree with almost everything. I do disagree that Cotch and Edwards gave us the better pass attack. When given the time, Sanchez has played very well. Cotch was terrible last year to say the least. Burress replaced Edwards and so far Burress has been ok. I'd like Edwards, but Burress has made a few nice plays and is shaking off the rust. Mason is much better than Cotch. The Jets have better passing weapons this year than last year, but just have a bad OL.

Besides that, yeah the Jets run game has been garbage. And yeah, the Jets are far from dead, but we have a few concerns to be answered to take it to the next level.

You, sir, are in denial. As a Bills fan, I've had lots of experience watching crappy teams heading for losing seasons, and the Jets have that look in spades. The OL problems are simply symptoms of much bigger problems.

I agree with u there. Mangold was out the last two games and the weakness was exploited by the Ravens. Hopefully he'd be back and the Jets can fix the issue next week. I don't think Jets a crappy team. Ravens D is again one of the best D this year. Look what they did to Roethlisberger.

Im not sold on their offense though as without any pass rush, Flacco went two straight quarters filled with incompletions. They picked some nice yardage late in the third quarter and early in the 4th on the ground, but they went for 115 yards on 37 carries, averaging 3.1. Thats not spectacular even considering the couple of long clock chewing drives. Difference in that game was that two great Ds played a hell of a game and refs screwed a few major calls. Kudos to Ravens for winning the game and they were the better team yesterday anyways.

Yes ... if the "bigger problem" is not having the best center in the league anchoring the line the last two weeks.
What you're seeing is just how good, and how important of a player Nick Mangold is.

But with that said ... we wont be playing the Ravens defense every week.
Did you happen to notice how many points we put up on the Radiers last week, playing with a rookie at center? Our defense is returnng 10 starters from the defense that ranked #3 overall last year. Remeber what they did to Brady and Manning in January? It's the same group of guys ... why should I think that they forgot how to play in 9 months?

Last night was a fluke ... just like 45-3 last year. We'll score enough points to win most weeks, and there's no reason to believe that our defense won't be one of the better defenses in the league again.
Losing season? ... I highly doubt it.

I honestly won't be concerned unless we get to our bye week with a losing record. Until then I expect our players to respond and play up to their potential.

Jets fans, talk about a bunch of losers. Do you think Packers and Steelers fans were blaming Aaron Rodgers and Rothlisbergers bad performances on the worst and second worst offensive lines in the league the last few years? No, because they were still lighting **** up, because they're franchise QB's, something Sanchez isn't, and will NEVER be. There are plenty of QB's who do just fine behind ****ty lines. It's nothing more than an excuse, just like the Brian Schottenheimer excuse. You get a great line, Sanchez will still do ****ty. You change your OC, Sanchez will still be a bottom tier QB and a bust of a top 5 pick. When the Jets miss the playoffs, I'm sure they'll be using every excuse imaginable, including the defense, instead of putting the blame on the right person, the guy who isn't a franchise quarterback.

Jets fans, talk about a bunch of losers. Do you think Packers and Steelers fans were blaming Aaron Rodgers and Rothlisbergers bad performances on the worst and second worst offensive lines in the league the last few years? No, because they were still lighting **** up, because they're franchise QB's, something Sanchez isn't, and will NEVER be. There are plenty of QB's who do just fine behind ****ty lines. It's nothing more than an excuse, just like the Brian Schottenheimer excuse. You get a great line, Sanchez will still do ****ty. You change your OC, Sanchez will still be a bottom tier QB and a bust of a top 5 pick. When the Jets miss the playoffs, I'm sure they'll be using every excuse imaginable, including the defense, instead of putting the blame on the right person, the guy who isn't a franchise quarterback.

None of them had OLs this bad, maybe Pitt this year and ben is struggling(inclduing getting humiliated at baltimore). Our Ol is atrocious right now, I expect it will be a good one by the end of the year but right now they stink.

Jets fans, talk about a bunch of losers. Do you think Packers and Steelers fans were blaming Aaron Rodgers and Rothlisbergers bad performances on the worst and second worst offensive lines in the league the last few years? No, because they were still lighting **** up, because they're franchise QB's, something Sanchez isn't, and will NEVER be. There are plenty of QB's who do just fine behind ****ty lines. It's nothing more than an excuse, just like the Brian Schottenheimer excuse. You get a great line, Sanchez will still do ****ty. You change your OC, Sanchez will still be a bottom tier QB and a bust of a top 5 pick.

Steelers Run Offense = Nearly 2000 yards, with 4.1 avg.
Packers Run Offense = 1600+ yards with 3.8 avg.

Steelers Run offense = Nearly 1800 yards, 4.2 avg
Pakcers Run Offense = Nearly 1900 yards, 4.3 avg

Those are not the worst and second worst OL in the league. Ben gets sacked too often cuz he scrambles in the pocket way too much.

When the Jets miss the playoffs, I'm sure they'll be using every excuse imaginable, including the defense, instead of putting the blame on the right person, the guy who isn't a franchise quarterback.

Kinda like when the excuse Dolphin fans used for Jets when they made the playoffs, right?

Back
Top Bottom