how bad is sanchez | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how bad is sanchez

None of them had OLs this bad, maybe Pitt this year and ben is struggling(inclduing getting humiliated at baltimore). Our Ol is atrocious right now, I expect it will be a good one by the end of the year but right now they stink.

Let's see.

Steelers have allowed the 3rd most sacks this year, Packers the 21st most. Th Jets are 9th and the Dolphins are tied for 3rd FWIW.

Steelers allowed the 8th most sacks in 2010, the Packers allowed the 11th most.

Steelers allowed the 2nd most sacks in 2009, the Packers allowed the most.

Steelers allowed the the 4th most sacks in 2008, the Packers 14th most.

Steelers allowed the 7th most in 2007, 4th most in 2006.

Rothlisberger has had ****ty lines his whole career except his first 2 seasons where they had average lines, while Rodgers has had ****ty lines for 3 years. Keep in mind, these are 2 of the best QB's in the entire league in avoiding sacks as well.

You can go back and look and see QB's every year that are better than Sanchez that had to deal with similarly ****ty lines. It's nothing more than an excuse, just like the OC excuse that Jets are using now, and Dolphins fans used last year. Yes Schottenheimer and Dan Henning suck, but replacing them isn't going to all of a sudden make the QB's look better unless it's Andy Reid you're replacing them with, who could probably make my grandmother a good NFL QB.

Steelers Run Offense = Nearly 2000 yards, with 4.1 avg.
Packers Run Offense = 1600+ yards with 3.8 avg.

Steelers Run offense = Nearly 1800 yards, 4.2 avg
Pakcers Run Offense = Nearly 1900 yards, 4.3 avg

Those are not the worst and second worst OL in the league. Ben gets sacked too often cuz he scrambles in the pocket way too much.

Kinda like when the excuse Dolphin fans used for Jets when they made the playoffs, right?

What excuses would those be? The Jets have had terrific defenses and run games the last 2 years that have led them to the playoffs. Fact. The Jets played the Colts bench, and a Bengals team that already locked up a playoff berth in 2009. Fact.

As for that other nonsense you posted, what does run blocking have to do with pass blocking? The Dolphins have been pretty decent in run blocking this year, and are top 10 in the NFL in rushing yards and YPC. That doesn't have anything to do with our pass blocking which is far worse than the Jets could even imagine theirs is.

Enjoy watching the Dolphins lose while you can. I know I'll enjoy watching the Jets with Mark Sanchez at QB while simultaneously enjoying the Dolphins win with Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley.

Let's see.

Steelers have allowed the 3rd most sacks this year, Packers the 21st most. Th Jets are 9th and the Dolphins are tied for 3rd FWIW.

Steelers allowed the 8th most sacks in 2010, the Packers allowed the 11th most.

Steelers allowed the 2nd most sacks in 2009, the Packers allowed the most.

Steelers allowed the the 4th most sacks in 2008, the Packers 14th most.

Steelers allowed the 7th most in 2007, 4th most in 2006.

Rothlisberger has had ****ty lines his whole career except his first 2 seasons where they had average lines, while Rodgers has had ****ty lines for 3 years. Keep in mind, these are 2 of the best QB's in the entire league in avoiding sacks as well.

You can go back and look and see QB's every year that are better than Sanchez that had to deal with similarly ****ty lines. It's nothing more than an excuse, just like the OC excuse that Jets are using now, and Dolphins fans used last year. Yes Schottenheimer and Dan Henning suck, but replacing them isn't going to all of a sudden make the QB's look better unless it's Andy Reid you're replacing them with, who could probably make my grandmother a good NFL QB.

ben gets sacked a ton every year b/c he is always extended plays looking for big plays. The fact that you throw out a sack # shows me you don't know what you are talking about here. You had a good point about Pitt this year, you just don't know how to make it. Pitt's OL does stink and ben is struggling w/ 3 TDs and 5 INTs(Sanchez has 6 & 5)

It's not just sacks, it's hits on the QB, it's not being able to run. Sanchez was getting hit almost every play the other night.

LT & Greene: 3.04 YPC
Mendenhall & redman: 3.5 YPC
Starks & Grant: 4.8 YPC

notice anything different?

What excuses would those be? The Jets have had terrific defenses and run games the last 2 years that have led them to the playoffs. Fact. The Jets played the Colts bench, and a Bengals team that already locked up a playoff berth in 2009. Fact.

As for that other nonsense you posted, what does run blocking have to do with pass blocking? The Dolphins have been pretty decent in run blocking this year, and are top 10 in the NFL in rushing yards and YPC. That doesn't have anything to do with our pass blocking which is far worse than the Jets could even imagine theirs is.

Enjoy watching the Dolphins lose while you can. I know I'll enjoy watching the Jets with Mark Sanchez at QB while simultaneously enjoying the Dolphins win with Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley.

Our run game was not very good last year, it was 2 years ago.

We trailed Indy by 5 midway through the 3rd when they too out starters, they led Cincy 27-0 before Cincy pulled starters. FACTS.

When discussing OLs you discuss protecting the passer and opening holes. Some OLs are good at one or ther other, right now our Ol is awful at BOTH and it is the biggest reason we are only 2-2.

yes, the dolphins will get Andrew Luck and win 7 SBs over the next 15 years:rolleyes2:

it never ends w/ you guys, every year you tell me how Miami will be better thant he jets and now we are just 4 games in and already you are talking next year and beyond.

ben gets sacked a ton every year b/c he is always extended plays looking for big plays. The fact that you throw out a sack # shows me you don't know what you are talking about here. You had a good point about Pitt this year, you just don't know how to make it. Pitt's OL does stink and ben is struggling w/ 3 TDs and 5 INTs(Sanchez has 6 & 5)

It's not just sacks, it's hits on the QB, it's not being able to run. Sanchez was getting hit almost every play the other night.

LT & Greene: 3.04 YPC
Mendenhall & redman: 3.5 YPC
Starks & Grant: 4.8 YPC

notice anything different?

Our run game was not very good last year, it was 2 years ago.

We trailed Indy by 5 midway through the 3rd when they too out starters, they led Cincy 27-0 before Cincy pulled starters. FACTS.

When discussing OLs you discuss protecting the passer and opening holes. Some OLs are good at one or ther other, right now our Ol is awful at BOTH and it is the biggest reason we are only 2-2.

yes, the dolphins will get Andrew Luck and win 7 SBs over the next 15 years:rolleyes2:

it never ends w/ you guys, every year you tell me how Miami will be better thant he jets and now we are just 4 games in and already you are talking next year and beyond.

I don't need stats to tell me what my eyes see. Rothlisberger and Rodgers have had ****ty lines, and that's just a fact. There have been plenty of QB's with ****ty lines, yet that didn't stop them from going out and looking competent. Jets fans just making excuses to delay the inevitable. They will have to admit it one day. If Mark Sanchez needs the best line, running game, and defense in all of football to mask his deficiencies, he's not a good QB. Mark Sanchez had great lines the 2 years before this, still sucked. The Jets will fire Schottenheimer, upgrade the OL, Sanchez will still suck. Good QB's put games onto their shoulders and win them, no matter the circumstances, bad ones ride the coattails of the rest of the team, then falter when one of those units is failing.

I'd say most Dolphins fans were already talking about next year and beyond. We knew Henne and Sparano weren't going to miraculously will us to wins. Perhaps it's time the Jets follow suit. Draft Landry Jones/Matt Barkley, let him compete with McElroy, trade Mark Sanchez for a bag of Doritos.

I don't need stats to tell me what my eyes see. Rothlisberger and Rodgers have had ****ty lines, and that's just a fact. There have been plenty of QB's with ****ty lines, yet that didn't stop them from going out and looking competent. Jets fans just making excuses to delay the inevitable. They will have to admit it one day. If Mark Sanchez needs the best line, running game, and defense in all of football to mask his deficiencies, he's not a good QB. Mark Sanchez had great lines the 2 years before this, still sucked. The Jets will fire Schottenheimer, upgrade the OL, Sanchez will still suck. Good QB's put games onto their shoulders and win them, no matter the circumstances, bad ones ride the coattails of the rest of the team, then falter when one of those units is failing.

I'd say most Dolphins fans were already talking about next year and beyond. We knew Henne and Sparano weren't going to miraculously will us to wins. Perhaps it's time the Jets follow suit. Draft Landry Jones/Matt Barkley, let him compete with McElroy, trade Mark Sanchez for a bag of Doritos.

You obviously don't eatch them play if ytou think they have had OLs like the jets the last few years. Pitt's OL stinks THIS year and surprise! they and ben are struggling.

I'm nit making excuses, I'm stating a fact. Our OL stinks right now.

He doesn't need the best OL, best running game, best D. he proved that last year but he(and every other successful QB) needs a quality OL.

Yeah, let's give up. We only have a QB who in 2 years already has the most road playoff wins but we need a new one and to overhaul the team:lol:

You obviously don't eatch them play if ytou think they have had OLs like the jets the last few years. Pitt's OL stinks THIS year and surprise! they and ben are struggling.

I'm nit making excuses, I'm stating a fact. Our OL stinks right now.

He doesn't need the best OL, best running game, best D. he proved that last year but he(and every other successful QB) needs a quality OL.

Yeah, let's give up. We only have a QB who in 2 years already has the most road playoff wins but we need a new one and to overhaul the team:lol:

I'm sure his team has been in the top 10 in sacks allowed every year Rothlisberger has been there because Rothlisberger tries to make stuff happen, not because his line is ****ty, which is why Rothlisberger is always running around in the 1st place.

I didn't say you need to overhaul the team, I said you need to get a real QB. McElroy could of been good enough for the Jets in the Chad Pennington role the Jets are forced to put Sanchez in because he's such a liability.

I'm sure his team has been in the top 10 in sacks allowed every year Rothlisberger has been there because Rothlisberger tries to make stuff happen, not because his line is ****ty, which is why Rothlisberger is always running around in the 1st place.

I didn't say you need to overhaul the team, I said you need to get a real QB. McElroy could of been good enough for the Jets in the Chad Pennington role the Jets are forced to put Sanchez in because he's such a liability.

Have you watched Ben play?

Yeah, the Jets were forced to play sanchez, they would have preferred to play McElroy:lol:

Pittsburgh Steelers 2004-2010:

sacks per game allowed w/ ben starting: 2.85
sacks per game allowed w/ other QBs starting: 1.93

does the Pitt OL magically get worse when ben is in there? that's almost a sack more per game

Have you watched Ben play?

Yeah, the Jets were forced to play sanchez, they would have preferred to play McElroy:lol:

Pittsburgh Steelers 2004-2010:

sacks per game allowed w/ ben starting: 1.93
sacks per game allowed w/ other QBs starting: 2.85

does the Pitt OL magically get worse when ben is in there? that's almost a sack more per game

Perhaps you should check your stats again. Last time I checked 1.93 is less than 2.85. Besides, you're comparing 13 games other QB's have played vs 103 games for Rothlisberger. Too small a sample size either way.

Perhaps you should check your stats again. Last time I checked 1.93 is less than 2.85. Besides, you're comparing 13 games other QB's have played vs 103 games for Rothlisberger. Too small a sample size either way.

I posted that on the wrong column, it is 1.93 w/ other QBs starting and 2.85 w/ ben starting.

The 14 games vs. 98 isn't the same sample but one big sack game in the 14(there were a couple of Raven games where they destoyed the QB) skews it. The bottom line is the Pitt Ol has been fine, it isn't this year and that's the biggst reason why Pitt is struggling but throughout ben's career they have been fine.

sanchez is an avg qb. thats it......he does happen to step his game up in the play-offs but he still isn't any better than average so far imo. in this league you need more thna avergae play at qb to be consistently good. i'd almost like to see the jets in the position the dolphins are in right now. if you guys keep sucking at least you have a real chance to get luck and possibly be on ur way to being really good again. the jets may have been hindered by getting to the afc championship game twice in a row. our drafts have not been good. ryan is a great defensive coach......i'm starting to have serious doubts about him as a head coach though. maybe this gets turned around...we will see. i'm afraid that ryan may have put to many of his eggs in the sanchez basket.....and i think sanchez may never get beyond what he is right now. hopefully i'm wrong but not feeling too good about the jets right now.

sanchez is an avg qb. thats it......he does happen to step his game up in the play-offs but he still isn't any better than average so far imo. in this league you need more thna avergae play at qb to be consistently good. i'd almost like to see the jets in the position the dolphins are in right now. if you guys keep sucking at least you have a real chance to get luck and possibly be on ur way to being really good again. the jets may have been hindered by getting to the afc championship game twice in a row. our drafts have not been good. ryan is a great defensive coach......i'm starting to have serious doubts about him as a head coach though. maybe this gets turned around...we will see. i'm afraid that ryan may have put to many of his eggs in the sanchez basket.....and i think sanchez may never get beyond what he is right now. hopefully i'm wrong but not feeling too good about the jets right now.

does it aggravate you that the guy who went in your original draft position, Josh Freeman is something like 20-13 with 9 4th qtr comebacks, is only 23 a natural leader and carries inferior talent along with him? It would me.. but probably not as much as watching Aaron Rodgers put on another clinic, break some more records while Ronnie Brown is throwing fumbled forward passes from an Eagles scrum.

None of them had OLs this bad, maybe Pitt this year and ben is struggling(inclduing getting humiliated at baltimore). Our Ol is atrocious right now, I expect it will be a good one by the end of the year but right now they stink.

Puh-leez!!! Pitt hasn't had a decent OL since they let Alan Faneca walk away -- to the Jets! They had Jonathan Scott playing OT for them until he got hurt. Scott was cut by the Bills a couple of years ago! They were looking at Flozell Adams, IIRC, although I don't know if they actually signed him. They're also down their Pro Bowl center, Pouncey.

Fact of life in the NFL: OLers get hurt. If you don't have some decent backup linemen, that's on your team management. If your team can only function well with an OL filled with Pro Bowlers, then your coaching and your QB suck.

does it aggravate you that the guy who went in your original draft position, Josh Freeman is something like 20-13 with 9 4th qtr comebacks, is only 23 a natural leader and carries inferior talent along with him? It would me.. but probably not as much as watching Aaron Rodgers put on another clinic, break some more records while Ronnie Brown is throwing fumbled forward passes from an Eagles scrum.

It makes me cry when I think that the Bills traded their 2005 first plus 2 2004 picks to Dallas to pick JP Losman. That gave Dallas the 16th pick in 2005 I think. Anyhoo, Rodgers didn't go until #24. Dayem!!!

I think that Jests fans will be crying over the trade to get Sanchez, too, in a few years.

Theres a reason why I brought up run games instead of passing games. NYJunc has answered it. Ben is always running around the pocket to extend plays. The run game has been great for him and its unreasonable to call that OL the worst in the NFL when they can clearly pave the way for rushers. If sacks alone is the lone determinant to how good an OL is, then I guess the Raiders have the best OL in the league.

Two other things. I guess u didn't watch the Jets OL play last week, and I guess Luck and Barkley are already at the Brady/Manning level.

Back
Top Bottom