how bad is sanchez | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how bad is sanchez

It makes me cry when I think that the Bills traded their 2005 first plus 2 2004 picks to Dallas to pick JP Losman. That gave Dallas the 16th pick in 2005 I think. Anyhoo, Rodgers didn't go until #24. Dayem!!!

I think that Jests fans will be crying over the trade to get Sanchez, too, in a few years.

Maybe, maybe not. For now, he has lead the team to two straight AFC championship games in his two years. If anyone thinks Freeman is light years ahead of Sanchez, think again. 9 4th quarter comebacks are great, honestly, but Sanchez has 8 himself. I don't wanna get into the specifics of the comebacks, but those are exceptional for both QBs.

Right now, I wouldn't pick Freeman ahead of Sanchez and neither would I pick Sanchez ahead of Freeman. Freeman has struggled too this year but he doesn't have the 30th ranked rushing offense to go up against him. Jets OL has been terrible this year and can't run block, forcing Sanchez into 2nd and long and 3rd and long. To make matters worse, the OL then wouldn't do a reliable job of pass protection either. I would say Freeman has the better surrounding cast right now simply because of the OL. U can have a sh*tty OL and two all-pros catching passes and even Brady wouldn't be making many plays.

sanchez is an avg qb. thats it......he does happen to step his game up in the play-offs but he still isn't any better than average so far imo. in this league you need more thna avergae play at qb to be consistently good. i'd almost like to see the jets in the position the dolphins are in right now. if you guys keep sucking at least you have a real chance to get luck and possibly be on ur way to being really good again. the jets may have been hindered by getting to the afc championship game twice in a row. our drafts have not been good. ryan is a great defensive coach......i'm starting to have serious doubts about him as a head coach though. maybe this gets turned around...we will see. i'm afraid that ryan may have put to many of his eggs in the sanchez basket.....and i think sanchez may never get beyond what he is right now. hopefully i'm wrong but not feeling too good about the jets right now.

:lol::lol:

I love when fans jump ship.

does it aggravate you that the guy who went in your original draft position, Josh Freeman is something like 20-13 with 9 4th qtr comebacks, is only 23 a natural leader and carries inferior talent along with him? It would me.. but probably not as much as watching Aaron Rodgers put on another clinic, break some more records while Ronnie Brown is throwing fumbled forward passes from an Eagles scrum.

Sanchez has just as many 4th qtr comebacks but he;s done it against better competition and in postseason.

Inferior talent:lol2: Yeah w/ scrubs like Williams, Winslow and Blount it's amazing how he can produce against the bad teams he consistently beats.

Puh-leez!!! Pitt hasn't had a decent OL since they let Alan Faneca walk away -- to the Jets! They had Jonathan Scott playing OT for them until he got hurt. Scott was cut by the Bills a couple of years ago! They were looking at Flozell Adams, IIRC, although I don't know if they actually signed him. They're also down their Pro Bowl center, Pouncey.

Fact of life in the NFL: OLers get hurt. If you don't have some decent backup linemen, that's on your team management. If your team can only function well with an OL filled with Pro Bowlers, then your coaching and your QB suck.

Pitt's OL got better post faneca, it deteriorated a bit last year due to some injuries and is bad this year. Through most of ben's career they have had a good OL.

We have the best C in the game, theat's hard to replace and our top reserve got hurt in preseason. It's hard to expect teams to have multiple quality reserves at one position.

:lol::lol:

Sanchez has just as many 4th qtr comebacks but he;s done it against better competition and in postseason.

Inferior talent:lol2: Yeah w/ scrubs like Williams, Winslow and Blount it's amazing how he can produce against the bad teams he consistently beats.

Only difference is that out of 32 GMs in the league, it's unlikely there's a single one, including Tannenbaum at this point, who wouldn't trade Sanchez for Freeman in a heart beat. Half of em would probably be as willing to include a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick to sweeten the pot. And you know that's true! :up:

Only difference is that out of 32 GMs in the league, it's unlikely there's a single one, including Tannenbaum at this point, who wouldn't trade Sanchez for Freeman in a heart beat. Half of em would probably be as willing to include a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick to sweeten the pot. And you know that's true! :up:

We have no idea if he could play in NY or under playoff pressure. He's on pace for 12 TDs and 16 INTs for the season.

No, not really. See the teams Freeman has faced and see what he has done this year. You guys make it seem like he's an all pro. He has great running game, but has been ****ting the bed himself, unlike Sanchez who is getting killed every play, yet has better overall stats.

sanchez is an avg qb. thats it......he does happen to step his game up in the play-offs but he still isn't any better than average so far imo. in this league you need more thna avergae play at qb to be consistently good. i'd almost like to see the jets in the position the dolphins are in right now. if you guys keep sucking at least you have a real chance to get luck and possibly be on ur way to being really good again. the jets may have been hindered by getting to the afc championship game twice in a row. our drafts have not been good. ryan is a great defensive coach......i'm starting to have serious doubts about him as a head coach though. maybe this gets turned around...we will see. i'm afraid that ryan may have put to many of his eggs in the sanchez basket.....and i think sanchez may never get beyond what he is right now. hopefully i'm wrong but not feeling too good about the jets right now.

I agree that Sanchez has stepped up his play in the postseason. But what good is that when his play isn't good enough to get into the playoffs, which very well could be the case this year with some strong WC contenders in the AFC, and that running game and O-Line being non-existent. Sanchez just isn't capable of putting the offense on his shoulders, which is what you need in today's NFL.

Theres a reason why I brought up run games instead of passing games. NYJunc has answered it. Ben is always running around the pocket to extend plays. The run game has been great for him and its unreasonable to call that OL the worst in the NFL when they can clearly pave the way for rushers. If sacks alone is the lone determinant to how good an OL is, then I guess the Raiders have the best OL in the league.

Two other things. I guess u didn't watch the Jets OL play last week, and I guess Luck and Barkley are already at the Brady/Manning level.

I never said the Steelers had the worst, I said they've consistent had one of the worst since 2006. If you honestly think they're in the top 10 in sacks allowed every year because of Rothlisberger running around in the pocket, which he does because his line allows defenders to break the pocket, there's no hope for you ever understanding this sport.

But I didn't think there was any hope for you anyways since you keep bringing up rushing statstics. A line's ability to run block has NO BEARING on a lines ability to pass block. They're not the same at all. Miami might have the worst pass blocking in the league, doesn't mean they're the worst run blocking team in the league because they've actually been average in that area. The left side has made some nice holes for Daniel Thomas and Reggie Bush, though Reggie Bush has no vision whatsoever and dances more than Ronnie Brown.

No, not really. See the teams Freeman has faced and see what he has done this year. You guys make it seem like he's an all pro. He has great running game, but has been ****ting the bed himself, unlike Sanchez who is getting killed every play, yet has better overall stats.

Mark Sanchez couldn't put up 25 TD's and 6 INT's in his dreams. He's struggling this year, but as Jets fans love to put it, "He's 3-1. Wins are all that matter. Forget individual QB play. Only wins and losses determine how good a QB is."

I love how being realistic and not being a blind homer is jumping ship.

That's the same type of fan that jumped ship when we were 4-6 or after the Atl game 2 years ago and the same type that jumped ship after the 45-3 game and embarrassing loss to Miami last year. It's a long season and we'll likely lose Sunday but we still have a great shot to do some great things this year.

That's the same type of fan that jumped ship when we were 4-6 or after the Atl game 2 years ago and the same type that jumped ship after the 45-3 game and embarrassing loss to Miami last year. It's a long season and we'll likely lose Sunday but we still have a great shot to do some great things this year.

Nowhere in his post did he jump ship on the Jets. He simply stated he's starting to have his doubts about Mark Sanchez, which I don't see how anyone couldn't at this point.

Sanchez had no time to throw yesterday and was getting killed within 2 seconds every play. It was pretty obvious where the problem was. When he had time, which were handful of plays, he made a few nice plays. But overall, his numbers were terrible due to a few reasons:

1. Terrible OL play
2. A few dropped passes
3. Playing against a top D

All this resulted in him throwing off balance, or much quicker than he practiced. He had a terrible day, but Sanchez shouldn't get the blame for the two fumbles and a bunch of QB hits. I will say that Sanchez could have done better, but this Ravens D is for real.

For the record, the two fumble return TDs were bogus calls. In the first one, his arm was continuously moving forward when the ball got loose and it should be a fumble. On the second one, his arm started the forward motion before the ball was loose, as evidenced by the ball landing 5+ yards away from him towards the direction his arm was moving.

Jets offense played horrid yesterday, but the officiating crew sucked. The missed a couple of roughing the punter penalties, plus several bogus holding calls. The holding call against Cromartie is getting old. U take away the bogus calls and the game is 20-17 with Ravens trying everything to get something going for them in the passing game too. Flacco looked much worse than Sanchez cuz he had all day to throw and yet went throw two straight quarters of incompletions.

Yep. The NFL vs. the Jets. Sounds eerily similar to the U.S. Media vs. the Dolphins ***** way of thinking you can find on here

ben gets sacked a ton every year b/c he is always extended plays looking for big plays. The fact that you throw out a sack # shows me you don't know what you are talking about here. You had a good point about Pitt this year, you just don't know how to make it. Pitt's OL does stink and ben is struggling w/ 3 TDs and 5 INTs(Sanchez has 6 & 5)

It's not just sacks, it's hits on the QB, it's not being able to run. Sanchez was getting hit almost every play the other night.

LT & Greene: 3.04 YPC
Mendenhall & redman: 3.5 YPC
Starks & Grant: 4.8 YPC

notice anything different?

Our run game was not very good last year, it was 2 years ago.

We trailed Indy by 5 midway through the 3rd when they too out starters, they led Cincy 27-0 before Cincy pulled starters. FACTS.

When discussing OLs you discuss protecting the passer and opening holes. Some OLs are good at one or ther other, right now our Ol is awful at BOTH and it is the biggest reason we are only 2-2.

yes, the dolphins will get Andrew Luck and win 7 SBs over the next 15 years:rolleyes2:

it never ends w/ you guys, every year you tell me how Miami will be better thant he jets and now we are just 4 games in and already you are talking next year and beyond.

You slobs are still talking about the Jets playoffs games 2 years ago? WTF is the matter with all of you?

I never said the Steelers had the worst, I said they've consistent had one of the worst since 2006. If you honestly think they're in the top 10 in sacks allowed every year because of Rothlisberger running around in the pocket, which he does because his line allows defenders to break the pocket, there's no hope for you ever understanding this sport.

Roethlisberger runs around in the pocket much more than other QBs. Junc already gave u the sacks stats of when he is in the huddle vs. when he's not and its a significant drop. Significant drop and that too for a backup. Backups usually get sacked more, generally speaking. Roethlisberger has a tendency to hold on to the ball for much longer than most QBs. Im not going to nit pick on plays, but a perfect example would be the TD pass to Santonio in the SB where the game is on the line, yet he held the ball for a long time and ran around in the pocket eventually to make the play. If someone is doing that on one of the most important play of his career, u can bet he does it on a regular basis.

But I didn't think there was any hope for you anyways since you keep bringing up rushing statstics. A line's ability to run block has NO BEARING on a lines ability to pass block. They're not the same at all. Miami might have the worst pass blocking in the league, doesn't mean they're the worst run blocking team in the league because they've actually been average in that area. The left side has made some nice holes for Daniel Thomas and Reggie Bush, though Reggie Bush has no vision whatsoever and dances more than Ronnie Brown.

Run block and pass block are two different things and Im not even arguing that. All Im saying is just because Roethlisberger is at the top 3 in getting sacked doesn't mean his OL is the worst. His backups have given up less than 2 sacks a game and even that stat was inflated a game against Ravens.

And if u think getting sacked means great D, then you are wrong. Similarly, sacks allowed on offense also isn't the only determinant of how good OL pass blocks.

Back
Top Bottom