How do we match up in the AFC east? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do we match up in the AFC east?

You need to take another look at the numbers...the O-line was middle of the pack at the end of the year even AFTER Daunte inflated the sack numbers...and the O has had 4 practices total.. the offensive weapons "crummieness" is a bit premature.. calling the Fins a 5 win team sounds like a rivals wishful thinking to me. It should be interesting to see how the O-line comes together but a good O coordinator can hide some of those faults and Anvilhead will help in the power running game no doubt.

Wishful would be for you guys to make Mularkey OC again. Naw I thought I was being realistic. Look at your schedule and let me know where you think the wins are coming from.

The jets as a blueprint is one i do not want to follow. The Jets get lucky every year against us. Lucky. And as the season goes on......thats what it ends up being. Lucky.

I would rather follow NE's blueprint with finding a QB who is as good as Brady, then we can talk superbowl, but Pennington is a fairyman.

14-4 in the last 18 games is luck?

Good luck finding a QB as good as Brady, those guys don't grow on trees and come along once a generation. You used to have one of those guys and you have seen how hard it is to replace him.

The one thing about the Jets though is that due to whatever unexplainable cosmic formula, in the last two decades they have never really been able to put two quality seasons together back-to-back.

Except for '01 and '02.

it is true we have been hit hard w/ injuries the years following playoff seasons(outside of '02), hopefully that trend ends this year.

I may seem like an optimist here but, with consistent QB play, and with the D we have, I see us winning 10 games this year...Looking at the Schedule, heres how I see it

New England 11-5,.... 1-1 vs Miami
Miami 10-6
Jets 8-8,..... 1-1 vs Miami
Bills 4-12,.... 2-0 vs Miami

You think Miami will go 2-4 in the division and 8-2 outside the division?

@ Wash- Loss

I know a Wash fan and he admits the Dolphins D is going to be tough to deal with. In fact, the only reason he thinks Washington could win is because they have home field advantage.

Dallas- Loss
You're kidding, right? I can't remember the last time the Fins lost to the 'Boys, but it's been a while.

@ Jets- Loss
Probably.

If Oakland wins a game this year, I'll be shocked.

@ Houston- Loss
Strangely, I agree with you. For whatever reason the Fins just can't beat Houston. I've been calling this loss since the schedule was released.

@ Cle- Win

I think we can both agree on this one. Specifically, I hope Quinn's girlfriend has her wish granted. I still get a laugh every time I imagine Brady's reaction to that statement.

Dolphins Stadium is Patsie kryptonite. Even Pats fans acknowledge that.

Giants- Loss
Rather doubt it. For whatever reason it seems like the Giants aren't as fired up about this game as the Fins are.

Buf- Loss
Maybe. I think we go 3-3 against the division this year.

@ Philly- Loss
As much as I hate to admit it, quite possibly.

@ Pitt- Loss
No. I'm predicting a bit helping of revenge served chilled.

Jets- Loss
Not at home.

@ Buf- Loss
Likely.

Balt- Loss
Toss-up. This will be a battle of the D.

@ NE- Loss
Likely.

Cincy- Loss
I honestly don't know. The Bengals haven't played the Fins in a long time. Unless Cincy really needs to win this game, I think they'll play their second or third team, which means a Fins win.

Division: 3-3
Best against extra-divisional opponents: 8-2
Worst against extra-divisional opponents: 4-5

Total Range: 10-6 (best) and 7-9 (worst)

I haven't posted my official predictions yet, but I think it is looking like this:

Pats: 11-5 - Just too many weapons
Jets: 10-6 - Improved from last year, but harder schedule
Phins: 8-8 - Green shows moments of greatness but defense takes a hit
Bills: 7-9 - JP proves he isn't the answer and might be the problem. Too many holes.

BZ

Out of sheer curiosity, what makes you think the Fins D is actually going to decline? I mean, people keep saying this every year and the D just keeps getting better. Personally I think the Fins' D is due for a #1 overall.

Will see when the season starts, I went to Jets training camp and they look ten times better than last year. The whole team is in shape and is a lot faster. Vilma finaly gets the 3-4 and is up for a big year, our CBs are playing better also with David Barrett healthy this year, and Miller playing better. D'Brickashaw Ferguson gained some weight this offseason and worked with Lomas Brown the whole offseason and training camp. Nick Mangold looks even more dominate, we have a good LG in Adrien Clarke who will suprise you guys, hes big and strong at 6-5 330 and is playing very well right now with the starters. We have a much bigger and bettter defensive line this year, Kenyon Coleman, Michael Haynes are battleing for the other DE spot along Ellis. Haynes is going to suprise people, I saw him and hes perfect for a 3-4. Dewayne Robertson and Pouha are our NTs, Pouha was up for a big year last year but got injured, hes healthy and is up for a big year this year, Robertson is in great shape and even better then last year, our defense will be nasty and wont give up a lot of points. Our offense looks great also, our line will be fine baring injuries, with improved play from Ferguson and Moore. Our WRs are sick, Coles, Cotchery, McCariens, Stuckey, Stuckey looks like a gem in the 7th round, he doesnt drop anything and has speed. McCariens had a great offseason and is focused on being our slot WR this year, Coles said hes in the best shape of his career this year, and Cotchery is in better shape too. Chad Pennington arm is 100% and he is throwing the ball 50 yards and completing it. I saw him throw the ball and he is throwing with more velocity and accuracy and zip then I seen from him ever. He knows the offense and is really on right now, completing everything. If he stays healthy expect a 20+ TD season from him, Thomas Jones shows that he is the right fit for our offense, he is running the ball very well and catching it too. He has nice cuts and shows good vision. Washington is back and looks good too. You Dolphins can say how lucky the Jets are but the fact is Luck has nothing to do with it. We have bad luck if anything with injuries and ****, but this is a knew generation hopefully with Mangini. You can pretend to yourselves that your team is the 2nd best team in the divison and the Jets suck, but will see, because my Jets dont talk they walk unlike your team.

Will see when the season starts, I went to Jets training camp and they look ten times better than last year. The whole team is in shape and is a lot faster. Vilma finaly gets the 3-4 and is up for a big year, our CBs are playing better also with David Barrett healthy this year, and Miller playing better.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson gained some weight this offseason and worked with Lomas Brown the whole offseason and training camp. Nick Mangold looks even more dominate, we have a good LG in Adrien Clarke who will suprise you guys, hes big and strong at 6-5 330 and is playing very well right now with the starters.

We have a much bigger and better defensive line this year, Kenyon Coleman, Michael Haynes are battling for the other DE spot along Ellis. Haynes is going to surprise people, I saw him and hes perfect for a 3-4. Dewayne Robertson and Pouha are our NTs, Pouha was up for a big year last year but got injured, hes healthy and is up for a big year this year, Robertson is in great shape and even better then last year, our defense will be nasty and wont give up a lot of points.

Our offense looks great also, our line will be fine baring injuries, with improved play from Ferguson and Moore. Our WRs are sick, Coles, Cotchery, McCariens, Stuckey, Stuckey looks like a gem in the 7th round, he doesnt drop anything and has speed. McCariens had a great offseason and is focused on being our slot WR this year, Coles said hes in the best shape of his career this year, and Cotchery is in better shape too.

Chad Pennington arm is 100% and he is throwing the ball 50 yards and completing it. I saw him throw the ball and he is throwing with more velocity and accuracy and zip then I seen from him ever. He knows the offense and is really on right now, completing everything. If he stays healthy expect a 20+ TD season from him.

Thomas Jones shows that he is the right fit for our offense, he is running the ball very well and catching it too. He has nice cuts and shows good vision. Washington is back and looks good too.

You Dolphins can say how lucky the Jets are but the fact is Luck has nothing to do with it. We have bad luck if anything with injuries and ****, but this is a knew generation hopefully with Mangini. You can pretend to yourselves that your team is the 2nd best team in the division and the Jets suck, but will see, because my Jets don't talk they walk unlike your team.

Fixed that for ya. :D

I haven't posted my official predictions yet, but I think it is looking like this:

Pats: 11-5 - Just too many weapons
Jets: 10-6 - Improved from last year, but harder schedule
Bills: 7-9 - JP proves he isn't the answer and might be the problem. Too many holes.

BZ

Predictions are dumb but:

Pats: 12-4 - They were awesome anyways and will remain so til proven different.

Bills: 9-7. Keep hating. Better oline = better JP. Lynch is a better all around back than Willis. Second year in offensive and defensive units. Best ST in football.

Jets: 8-8. Worst playoff team ever. But the Jones move was a good one. I do have a lot of respect for Chadwick, but load the boc and force him to beat you deep. Good ST, suspect defense.

Fins: 5-11. Harrington wasn't the whole problem, the oline was and it wasn't really addressed. Very good defense, but 3 and outs will wear you out. I will say Ronnie Brown and Chambers will have fairly big years.

Jets: 8-8. Worst playoff team ever. But the Jones move was a good one. I do have a lot of respect for Chadwick, but load the boc and force him to beat you deep. Good ST, suspect defense.

Worst PO team ever?

WOW!

You are right about the dumb thing.

Jets: 8-8. Worst playoff team ever.

I don't know about that. I seem to remember a Colts team getting into the playoffs and get dismantled 41-0 in the first round. I think you could make a case that they were a much worse playoff team that year then the Jets this past. I know you weren't using any actual logic when you made that statement though, so it's cool.

Bills: 9-7. Keep hating. Better oline = better JP. Lynch is a better all around back than Willis. Second year in offensive and defensive units. Best ST in football.

Fins: 5-11. Harrington wasn't the whole problem, the oline was and it wasn't really addressed. Very good defense, but 3 and outs will wear you out. I will say Ronnie Brown and Chambers will have fairly big years.

This post seems to be written by a very smart knowlegable fan.... Now to be realistic, the Bills will have a decent offense, not anything to brag about but it should be alright. Your offensive line is overrated, Walker stinks, Dockery is overrated, he is decent but not 50 million worth. The Bills defense will stink, the d-line is weak, no good DTs, only 1 good pass rusher, unexperienced LBs, bad CBs, decent safetys. The Jets defense will be better than the Bills, Jets are in the 2nd year of the system, added more players to fit the 3-4 defense, bigger d-line equals better defense. David Harris is going to be a better pro than Paul Poluzney, Darrelle Revis when ever he shows up in camp one day will be a shut down CB in his career. Kerry Rhodes is way better than both your safetys, we have better CBs than you, better LBs too. Jets defense will be ranked higher. Vilma is more talented than any player on your defense. Our offense is in year 2 of the system, we have a vet QB that is finaly coming into the season healthy and his arm is as strong as ever. I been at Training camp and he was throwing the ball 50 yards perfectly. His accuracy and velocity and zip has been better. Our WRs are better than yours, we have way more depth there. Our RB is better than yours, plus we have a talented 2nd back. Our center will be the best in the league in a few years already a top 5 center. Only a 2nd year player too, our LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson is up for a big year, he gained weight with muscle he was under 290 at the end of last year and now he weighs around 305 but he is bigger with muscle. We brought in Lomas Brown to work with him to get him better, Brick has gotten better at Run blocking and against bull rushers. He is one of the most talented offensive linemen in the league. Face it Bills fan the Jets are a better team baring injuries. The Dolphins are better than you guys.

No way the Bills are ahead of the Jets....Miami and Buffalo are behind them (until the season starts) the jets where better last year and made decent moves this off season..The Bill lost as much on D as they Gained on O so to me their offseason is a wash.. Miami is installing a new O and trying to put together an O-line for the 4th straight year..to many questions for both squads to try and claim superiority before they start playing them for real.

I think the fish will get swept again by the Bills and Jets because of the ownage, and split against the pats.

So basically 1 - 5 in the afc east like last year.

As for the division itself I think it will look like this:

Pats 14 - 2
Bills 11 - 5 *wildcard*
Jets 7 - 9
Fish 3 - 13

I think the fish will get swept again by the Bills and Jets because of the ownage, and split against the pats.

So basically 1 - 5 in the afc east like last year.

As for the division itself I think it will look like this:

Pats 14 - 2
Bills 11 - 5 *wildcard*
Jets 7 - 9
Fish 3 - 13
Just remember 0 for the Decade bro if you want to talk about "ownage".. this bump in the road gets flattened this year.

Back
Top Bottom