How Long Will the Ryan Show Play in New York? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Long Will the Ryan Show Play in New York?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
So Rex Ryan is at it again. You think he'd have learned something from his father -- this us against the world routine doesn't play well with NFL players. This is not high school. You'd think Rex learned from last year to keep his mouth shut. You'd think a series sweep by the Dolphins would be convincing enough. He has a good team, why give the competition more reason to want to beat them? I just wonder how long his routine will last in New York. I think the NFL, the players, the New York fans deserve better. Miami hasn't won as much as we'd all like in the past 10 years or so, but at the very least the Dolphin franchise has always been known as a classy one (with a few exceptions like Bryan Cox and Joey Porter). Obviously Don Shula is a big part of our great history in terms of wins, championships and winning with class. This would certainly be a better person for Ryan to emulate. Shula also had more postseason success than Buddy, who won 0 playoff games despite having some amazing talent on those Philly teams. Take note Rex maybe being pompous and rude aren't the answers to long-term success.

To be fair to Ryan, the whole quiet paranoia and discipline shtick that Mangini used clearly didn't work. Nor did Herm's dad/friend thing. The Jets might as well have tried out a loudmouth like Rex. It's not like when he fails it'll really be that big a change of pace from the losing that Jets fans are used to.

the Jets have been losers for 42 years and likely will go another 42 without a Super Bowl appearance, Ryan or no Ryan. We really do give them more thought than they're worth.

So Rex Ryan is at it again. You think he'd have learned something from his father -- this us against the world routine doesn't play well with NFL players. This is not high school. You'd think Rex learned from last year to keep his mouth shut. You'd think a series sweep by the Dolphins would be convincing enough. He has a good team, why give the competition more reason to want to beat them? I just wonder how long his routine will last in New York. I think the NFL, the players, the New York fans deserve better. Miami hasn't won as much as we'd all like in the past 10 years or so, but at the very least the Dolphin franchise has always been known as a classy one (with a few exceptions like Bryan Cox and Joey Porter). Obviously Don Shula is a big part of our great history in terms of wins, championships and winning with class. This would certainly be a better person for Ryan to emulate. Shula also had more postseason success than Buddy, who won 0 playoff games despite having some amazing talent on those Philly teams. Take note Rex maybe being pompous and rude aren't the answers to long-term success.

No, but the NFL is all about winning and in one season he took the Jets to the AFC Championship game, regardless of how they got there. Sad to say, as of now, that Ryan will be in New York way longer than any of us would like.

No, but the NFL is all about winning and in one season he took the Jets to the AFC Championship game, regardless of how they got there. Sad to say, as of now, that Ryan will be in New York way longer than any of us would like.

This, and we both have young talented teams, I see Phins/Jets rivalry kicking up a couple notches over the next decade or so there are gonna be some absolute wars....This is what football is all about baby!

This, and we both have young talented teams, I see Phins/Jets rivalry kicking up a couple notches over the next decade or so there are gonna be some absolute wars....This is what football is all about baby!
This is going to be one of the most anticipated rivalry games in the entire league. With both of the teams being young and talented, this can be going on for many years to come.

Personally, as mauch as I hate the jets, i'd kinda like to see Rex stay for a few years. Someone mentioned that the Jets/Phins rivalry will be one of the best in the NFL in the next year or two due to new coaching, young playing roster etc and the infactuation that Rex has about beating us. that can only be a good thing in my opinion.

I think he is actually pretty good for not only the Jets, but the AFC East & the NFL in general. We could have boring mindless robots like Mangini, Bill B, Norv Turner and the like, but to me, to have young coaches jawing off against division rivals & in general the rest of his oponents, it's great.

It breeds competition, it makes our players want to kick more butt, it creates aggression & fires up the rivalry. Coaching staff with passion - Ditka was one that comes to mind, but Singletary, McDaniels, Wisenhunt in Arizona are all passionate & I think the players feed off it.

He may be an overweight buffoon at times, but you can't deny his enthusiasm and his desire in his job. Sporana is as passionate, it's just he expresses himself differently. I love it.

About as long as the Parcells show will last in Miami. As long as they win games the mouth running will be tolerated.

You would think he'd learn from last year? whenwe were less than 30 mins from the Super Bowl?

Do you think anything that happened last summer had anything to do w/ you guys beating us twice? That made Ted Ginnr eturn 2 kicks for TDs? Come on.

rex has fun, he speaks his mind. he adds some spice to a rivalry that was pretty much dying and now is once again one of the top rivalries in the league.

Please stop w/ the class nonsense. Your owner was talking SB, your GM and HC were talking SB, you lead the league in arrests this year, your GM asked a potential draft pick if his Mom was a prostitute, you just had a player hit his pregnant girlfriend, how many DUI's did you guys have this offseason? You signed Cognito, you trdaed for Marshall so please stop w/ the class BS.

Who cares about Buddy? Rex has 2 playoff wins in one season as a HC, that's 2 more than Sparano in his 2 years and 2 more than Sparano has ever been a part of as an assistant.

You would think he'd learn from last year? whenwe were less than 30 mins from the Super Bowl?

Do you think anything that happened last summer had anything to do w/ you guys beating us twice? That made Ted Ginnr eturn 2 kicks for TDs? Come on.

rex has fun, he speaks his mind. he adds some spice to a rivalry that was pretty much dying and now is once again one of the top rivalries in the league.

Please stop w/ the class nonsense. Your owner was talking SB, your GM and HC were talking SB, you lead the league in arrests this year, your GM asked a potential draft pick if his Mom was a prostitute, you just had a player hit his pregnant girlfriend, how many DUI's did you guys have this offseason? You signed Cognito, you trdaed for Marshall so please stop w/ the class BS.

Who cares about Buddy? Rex has 2 playoff wins in one season as a HC, that's 2 more than Sparano in his 2 years and 2 more than Sparano has ever been a part of as an assistant.

That makes up for the gift win you received against Indy (I will not count Cincy because IMO they were the third best team in their division and had no business making the playoffs either).

The Jets will have this distinction at some point as well it is a mathematical certainty, it's not like the Jets players are not doing the same bull ****, they just didn't get caught.

This is the NFL and you have a bunch of guys in there 20's making millions and you think you are going to keep them out of trouble, years ago they just covered the **** up, you can not do that anymore.

Wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first, I'll tell ya the cop car that's what will continue to fill up.

Who cares about playoff wins, you are the first person on the board to point out the Jets have 1 SB title to Miami's 2 when any type of stat about the post season is pulled out so don't be a hypocrite and throw out stats about playoff wins.

That makes up for the gift win you received against Indy (I will not count Cincy because IMO they were the third best team in their division and had no business making the playoffs either).

The Jets will have this distinction at some point as well it is a mathematical certainty, it's not like the Jets players are not doing the same bull ****, they just didn't get caught.

This is the NFL and you have a bunch of guys in there 20's making millions and you think you are going to keep them out of trouble, years ago they just covered the **** up, you can not do that anymore.

Wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first, I'll tell ya the cop car that's what will continue to fill up.

Who cares about playoff wins, you are the first person on the board to point out the Jets have 1 SB title to Miami's 2 when any type of stat about the post season is pulled out so don't be a hypocrite and throw out stats about playoff wins.

It's amazing how Cincy was the 3rd best team in their division yet they had the best record and went undefeated in their division.

I'm sure this stuff goes on w/ all teams but I am not calling out opposing teams about class. I keep reading on here how classy Miami is and that couldn't be further from the truth especially based on this offseason.

Neither one of our teams have won a SB in over 35 years, only one of our teams has been close w/in the last 10-12 years.

I have always said you guys have the better history but we have been better in the last decade or so but neither of us has a SB trophy.

I actually think he's perfect for the NY people/media. You have to have thick skin for that. He's got a loud @$s mouth and VERY "thick" skin. Thick as bacon!!!

the Jets have been losers for 42 years and likely will go another 42 without a Super Bowl appearance, Ryan or no Ryan. We really do give them more thought than they're worth.
Listen you guys have also been losers..what 3-4 years less than the Jets? lol.

On Topic- Even if Ryan has a losing season he wont be gone. Guy energizes the fan base, that sells, etc.

It's amazing how Cincy was the 3rd best team in their division yet they had the best record and went undefeated in their division.

I'm sure this stuff goes on w/ all teams but I am not calling out opposing teams about class. I keep reading on here how classy Miami is and that couldn't be further from the truth especially based on this offseason.

Neither one of our teams have won a SB in over 35 years, only one of our teams has been close w/in the last 10-12 years.

I have always said you guys have the better history but we have been better in the last decade or so but neither of us has a SB trophy.

I'm sorry but Pitt and the Ravens were better teams in that division and I have no idea how Cinci managed to sweep them both. I even predicted the Jets to beat Cinci because they were playoff pretenders hands down. Cinci had as much business as the Jets in the playoffs, zero, the difference between them was the Jets D was real and the Jets running game was better.

I could careless about the Dez question, it is a bunch of he said she said media crap and neither of us will ever know the complete truth. Bryant’s mother and father are not reputable people and he was asked about it. Boo hoo we all face tough questions and decisions in life, it’s what defines us, move on.

Ronnie made a mistake, a mistake many have made, Senators, Congressmen and Leaders all make them. Lumping Ronnie Brown in with the likes of Pacman, Henry, Tank and some of the other NFL problem children is foolish. Say what you will about Ronnie, acting like a thug is not one of his problems.

Incognito is a hot head for sure but has never managed to get suspended but I will concede the fact that this is more then likely his last chance to shape up or get shipped out forever.

Marshal is immature and better grow up a little or he will find him self emulating the career of a receiver he doesn’t want to emulate, TO. He should learn to think before he acts but then again I guess there is about 20 players this off season you could make that comment about.

Ross’s predictions about a SB run are not a problem at all, why wouldn’t an owner come out and say it after spending that much coin? Miami always seems to get neglected by the media, point in case Tony takes a 1-15 team to the playoffs going 8-1 through November and December his first season and Smith gets coach of the year for Atlanta finishing 2nd in his division. Never once did you hear Tony ***** or whine about anything, just showed up and did his job.

Rex Ryan likes to run his mouth and that’s fine if you back it up but what has he done in one year to back anything up? It was the same thing when Henne ran his mouth about Tebow, zip it until you have proven you are long term NFL material.

The Rex Ryan show will last only as long as they are winning, once the Jets under achieve the fans will be all over him. It was happening last year until they snuck in the playoffs. He has been a key component to the Jets hype machine this year. Now if they don't live up to that look for Jets fans to be calling for his fat *** to be fired!

Back
Top Bottom