How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill?

How Much Confidence in Tannehill?

• Total voters
Speaking of lack of feel the biggest worry for me is his lack of feel for situational awareness; in several instances he's made poor strategic decisions, or to put it another way he doesn't look to be a good game manager. Like throwing the deep ball to Hartline in OT in the Jets game when we were already in position to kick the game winning FG. Or in the Bills game changing the play from a run to a pass leaving Clabo on an island and letting Clabo's man take the ball out of his hand. Or sliding feet first a yard short of the line to gain with the playoffs on the line. Two of those decisions very likely cost us wins and made teammates look bad. You can't do **** like that if you want your teammates to play their hearts out for you.

Nailed it. The other that jumps out at me is him running ob with the ball 6 yards behind the LOS when trying to run out the clock late in a game..

It was year 4 when Brees put it together and the Chargers made the decision to go with Rivers at seasons end. Brees is the perfect example of a guy that flashed ability but just couldn't put it all together until the end of his rookie contract. I thought the Chargers made the right decision to start him year 4 then made the wrong decision going with Rivers instead of resigning Brees.

So many fans think that this season is boom or bust for Tannehill but I don't believe it is. Tannehill is on target to be the Dolphins starting QB ithrough the 2015 season and it's the right decision. Long term, Tannehill will be average at worst which is not necessarily a bad thing but he and the Dolphins need him on the field through his rookie contract to see just what his peak is.

Brees also had to deal with a ****ty OL his first couple of years.

5. Average up to this point. If we can get past 8-8. It is the most important position on the field. He has to manage games better. We can get to 9-7 or 10-6 this year, I would rate Ryan a 7.

5. He's a good kid with all the physical tools, but right now he's average.

A lot of guys on here should realize he could be worse and a lot of guys on here should realize he may never be better.

Brees also had to deal with a ****ty OL his first couple of years.

When I saw Drew Brees his first couple years, his problem didn't seem to be constant pressure, it seemed to be fear of throwing the ball anywhere but a dump off, which is why LT got like 100 catches as a halfback. Maybe he developed that trend in reaction to the line, but even when the line was playing fine he still played that way. It's no coincidence that when he manned up and transformed into a good QB, LT's catches almost halved.

A better game would be to rank what you see as the biggest problems facing the team this year. Tannehill is not in the top three for me, I'm much more worried about aspects of the team around him. Perhaps a 6 or 7, but he might seem like a 3 or 4 due to other issues on the team. I need to see some serious stuff in preseason to be more positive on the year.

A better game would be to rank what you see as the biggest problems facing the team this year. Tannehill is not in the top three for me, I'm much more worried about aspects of the team around him. Perhaps a 6 or 7, but he might seem like a 3 or 4 due to other issues on the team. I need to see some serious stuff in preseason to be more positive on the year.
I agree with your point. But, the position is so important comparatively. If he is not at least above average this year, then it is a big problem

I have enough confidence in the T-hill to believe we could win a Super Bowl with him in the next few years if the team (o-line especially) shapes up around him.

I am in between a 7 and a 8 for Tanny. The potential is there for him to be a very good franchise QB, but he has to get better, and find a way to be more accurate, especially on long downfield passes to Wallace and Hartline. Sometimes it just isn't quite there. I think he definitely needs an improved O-line play and our receivers and TE's also could help him more, but this is year three and he needs to improve or you start looking at drafting Mariota, Winston or Hundley in next year's draft. Just my honest two cents worth.

I wish we would have taken Teddy B in R1 as insurance. Would have been a ballsy but inspired pick, Imo. Very high chance of success between the two guys.

How about not falling flat on his face when he only needs to win one out of two games against bad teams to secure a playoff berth?

I wasn't aware we were playing fantasy football here. Let's just throw on a tin hat and pretend he wasn't playing behind the worst o-line in franchise history (don't forget OC Sherman) and his performance has nothing to do with how the line played around him. :rolleyes2:

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Easy Tiger, how about a playoff WIN?

[video=youtube;btPJPFnesV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4[/video]

Back
Top Bottom