How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill?

How Much Confidence in Tannehill?

• Total voters
I have all the faith in the world in the guy! Within him there is a potential that if taps into it, he could most definitely become one of the elite quarterbacks in the league.

A 10 for me!

_

I'm at a 4. I wasn't happy when we drafted him, was willing to give him a chance but despite the odd game where he has looked the part, has generally failed to impress. I'm not optimistic for this season but hoping he proves me wrong.

Well you are a Newcastle fan soooooo..... lol

Here is the list of excuses for Tannehill's so-far-ok-but-not-stellar play:

1) He doesn't have as much game time under his belt as other young QBs
2) Our O-line has been awful
3) He lacked offensive weapons
4) He was playing in a poor offensive system
5) He had no decent QB coach to tutor him

I believe that all of those excuses are/were valid ones. But by the end of this season they're all going to be addressed as much as they'll ever be. As lo g as some remain, any success/failure the kid has will always have an asterisk beside it. So I'd prefer to see this season unfold before I pass judgement.

But I have to say that I'm a bit concerned at what I've seen so far, in terms of him proving to be a very good/great QB. He lacks feel for the game and he doesn't thrive under pressure. I think the first is a you-have-it-or-you-don't thing. Thriving under pressure might be something he can learn, but I don't see the fire in his eyes like you do with the top guys.

As it stands today, from my perspective, the absolute ceiling looks like Eli Manning and the floor is Matt Schaub. But Id prefer to see what he's like when the excuses are taken away as much as possible this season.

Faith is something you place in someone when they've already shown they will come good for you. I don't have any faith in Tannehill yet, I hope I'll have some after this season.

Fire in his eyes? What the hell does this even mean? He has done ok under pressure. He has lead fourth quarter comebacks, he does need to become more consistent.

I am quite optimistic (but I am no expert, so my opinion ain't worth much). mostly because he has consistently improved himself during these 2 years.
HE IS ALREADY QUITE SERVICEABLE (and this alone put him over all of the Dolphins QB in the las decade, with the exception- opinable - of Chad P: Moore, Beck, Henne, Fieldler etc etc) and I think, if we had a good team, he could be the QB of a Super Bowl team (if Flacco and Eli could be, why not him), I don't think he will never be the guy holding us back (like fieldler was for us or like smith was for San Francisco 3 years ago).

I know, I know, all of us would prefere to have Brees-Rodgers (who, by the way, was considere a half chocker before his Super Bowl: just to remember how the evaluation of the general public can change very quickly) - Manning (who would'nt want to lose 2 superbowls the way he had?!:troll: ) - Brady... but. hey. there are only a bunch of them (and, if you notice, none of them is young, maybe experience is a factor to keep in mind about RT) and, having them, it is not the only way to win (seattle, baltimore, new york make my point, but even the wonderful run of the 49ers, in the last 3 years, could make this point.. losing vs the Giants in that way, having Smith as a starter...)

so, all in al, after the kind of qb we had and the kind of qb that had recently won a super bowl, I don't see much reason to be pessimistic.

maybe he wont be the final answer,Idk, but watching this team last year (or ythe year before,) I don't think the QB was the main problem.. and in the meantime we had a serviceable QB, with lmited experience, that is improving... if he keeps it up, I think we should be very happy, more than licking the balls of Luck or wilson or even CK (and to be honest, I hoped they would have picked lueckly at 8 and then Russel in the second or third, it is not like I hate Wilson or I think is a half-player)

so, in the end, i would say 8. time will tell

as usual, sorry for my English

I'm probably going to vote 1 because his wife might be a tad bit too skinny for me

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I think in the long run given the right oline and weapons.We could have an awesome qb.Sometimes it takes a qb 2 or 3 years to become what you expect them to be.I still believe tannehill was a damn good pick when we drafted him..

Brees took 3 years too he was pretty much a bust until year 3

It was year 4 when Brees put it together and the Chargers made the decision to go with Rivers at seasons end. Brees is the perfect example of a guy that flashed ability but just couldn't put it all together until the end of his rookie contract. I thought the Chargers made the right decision to start him year 4 then made the wrong decision going with Rivers instead of resigning Brees.

So many fans think that this season is boom or bust for Tannehill but I don't believe it is. Tannehill is on target to be the Dolphins starting QB ithrough the 2015 season and it's the right decision. Long term, Tannehill will be average at worst which is not necessarily a bad thing but he and the Dolphins need him on the field through his rookie contract to see just what his peak is.

I would have been around a 7.5 if it weren't for the last 2 games. Yeah I know he was pressured but you gotta make plays and for 2 weeks with the playoffs on the line all he managed to find was the booger in WVs sig! So now I just can't commit although I like the fact that the kid is mature and has a good head on his shoulders so hopefully that takes him up a level this year.

I would have been around a 7.5 if it weren't for the last 2 games. Yeah I know he was pressured but you gotta make plays and for 2 weeks with the playoffs on the line all he managed to find was the booger in WVs sig! So now I just can't commit although I like the fact that the kid is mature and has a good head on his shoulders so hopefully that takes him up a level this year.

His teammates let him down too. Hartline dropped a beautiful long pass in the Bills game if he gets that TD its a much different game.

Bills game was an abomination and wasn't his fault. Jets game was on him.

Here is the list of excuses for Tannehill's so-far-ok-but-not-stellar play:

1) He doesn't have as much game time under his belt as other young QBs
2) Our O-line has been awful
3) He lacked offensive weapons
4) He was playing in a poor offensive system
5) He had no decent QB coach to tutor him

I believe that all of those excuses are/were valid ones. But by the end of this season they're all going to be addressed as much as they'll ever be. As lo g as some remain, any success/failure the kid has will always have an asterisk beside it. So I'd prefer to see this season unfold before I pass judgement.

But I have to say that I'm a bit concerned at what I've seen so far, in terms of him proving to be a very good/great QB. He lacks feel for the game and he doesn't thrive under pressure. I think the first is a you-have-it-or-you-don't thing. Thriving under pressure might be something he can learn, but I don't see the fire in his eyes like you do with the top guys.

As it stands today, from my perspective, the absolute ceiling looks like Eli Manning and the floor is Matt Schaub. But Id prefer to see what he's like when the excuses are taken away as much as possible this season.

Faith is something you place in someone when they've already shown they will come good for you. I don't have any faith in Tannehill yet, I hope I'll have some after this season.

Speaking of lack of feel the biggest worry for me is his lack of feel for situational awareness; in several instances he's made poor strategic decisions, or to put it another way he doesn't look to be a good game manager. Like throwing the deep ball to Hartline in OT in the Jets game when we were already in position to kick the game winning FG. Or in the Bills game changing the play from a run to a pass leaving Clabo on an island and letting Clabo's man take the ball out of his hand. Or sliding feet first a yard short of the line to gain with the playoffs on the line. Two of those decisions very likely cost us wins and made teammates look bad. You can't do **** like that if you want your teammates to play their hearts out for you.

One thing that no one is mentioning regarding RT17's possible contract extension.
The Dolphins have a 5th year option they can elect to take and it would automatically pay RT17 the transition tag for QB's because he was selected in the top 10 of the 1st round.

That number is currently Transition tags Quarterback: $14.666 million. That number should rise slightly by the time we have to decide.
But we have the option to keep him in 2016 for approx $16 million. That a lot of money but much less than 50 million guaranteed.
Actually gives us more time to decide if he is the real deal.

And the fact that we did the same thing to Pouncy this year shows that the Dolphin front office is paying attention to tricky details of the collective bargaining agreement and using them when it is too their advantage. I believe Pouncy's 5th year salary was 75% of the transition tag for linemen which came out to 7.5 million.

The only issue I see with using this 5th year option is that it kind of set a low water mark for the eventual long term contract. e.g. Pouncy isn't going to accept a long term contract for less than 7.5 million average. If used on Tannehill it would force the contract negotiations to start north of the 17 million mark.

Back
Top Bottom