How the Vontae Davis trade went down | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How the Vontae Davis trade went down

http://wqam.com/interviews

Take a listen to the Jason Cole and Joe Rose interview. Joe asks Cole whether the trade was a Ireland or Philbin decision and both say it was it was Philbin. Since it was so close to the season starting it would be the coaches call.

I guess we will see tonight who's trade it was... I am sure it was a little of A and a little of B.

You missed the sarcasm in my tone. I do not feel in any way whatsoever that Joe Philbin came up with the idea to trade Vontae Davis. I think that is pure fiction. I think at some point (probably when the Colts upped their offer into the serious range of a 3rd rounder), Jeff Ireland and Joe Philbin had a chat. And during that chat, I think Jeff wanted to gauge Joe's opinion on whether it would be OK. And I think Joe said whatever you think is best.

Maybe by the way our education system is people haven't learned the definition of SARCASM.

Which they based on, approximately nothing.

You based it on Mando..who the day before pinned the trade on Philbin based on his Mando's Tweets.

Maybe Hard Knocks will shed some light on it.

Cmon people.

It went like this:

Ireland to Philbin: Geez, Indy just caled asking a 6th for Vontae. I told them na. (Philbin smirks, continues coaching)

5 hours later:

JI to JP: Well, Indy just called again and now they are offering a 5th. I told them no (JP stares, continues coaching)

Day later:

JI to JP: Indy called again and now they are offering a 3rd rounder. I said well, your getting in the ballpark, let me check with JP.

JP:You do whats best Jeff, I coach and I trust you with these things.

5 hours later day 2: JI to JP: They just offered us a 2nd and cond. 6th

JP: Lets do it.

And there is your JP involvement.

If anyone thinks JI made a decision without JP's blessing is kidding themselves. Then again, its Ireland driving the train. management wise that is.

say what ever you want but V. Davis is not an elite CB he is just a very good CB with potential and major flaws so getting a 2nd and a 6th for him was a great deal. period

Cmon people.

It went like this:

Ireland to Philbin: Geez, Indy just caled asking a 6th for Vontae. I told them na. (Philbin smirks, continues coaching)

5 hours later:

JI to JP: Well, Indy just called again and now they are offering a 5th. I told them no (JP stares, continues coaching)

Day later:

JI to JP: Indy called again and now they are offering a 3rd rounder. I said well, your getting in the ballpark, let me check with JP.

JP:You do whats best Jeff, I coach and I trust you with these things.

5 hours later day 2: JI to JP: They just offered us a 2nd and cond. 6th

JP: Lets do it.

And there is your JP involvement.

If anyone thinks JI made a decision without JP's blessing is kidding themselves. Then again, its Ireland driving the train. management wise that is.

You missed the sarcasm in my tone. I do not feel in any way whatsoever that Joe Philbin came up with the idea to trade Vontae Davis. I think that is pure fiction. I think at some point (probably when the Colts upped their offer into the serious range of a 3rd rounder), Jeff Ireland and Joe Philbin had a chat. And during that chat, I think Jeff wanted to gauge Joe's opinion on whether it would be OK. And I think Joe said whatever you think is best.

Look we can think and say anything we wants but none of us know. We can pass the blame of this or that. Ireland pulled the trigger and Philbin publicly agreed that he was aware and agreed to the trade that is all we know. Ireland is reponsible for it because he is the general manager and Philbin is also reponsible because he pubilicly admitted he agreed and supported the trade.
So moving on from the blame game for a minute the real question is do these guys really understand that they are both on a very short leash together and if the Dolphins do not appear to be improving from last year team then in all probalbility both may be gone together next year. This is the Dolphins we are talking about NOT Detroit where that is tolerated.

Look we can think and say anything we wants but none of us know. We can pass the blame of this or that. Ireland pulled the trigger and Philbin publicly agreed that he was aware and agreed to the trade that is all we know. Ireland is reponsible for it because he is the general manager and Philbin is also reponsible because he pubilicly admitted he agreed and supported the trade.
So moving on from the blame game for a minute the real question is do these guys really understand that they are both on a very short leash together and if the Dolphins do not appear to be improving from last year team then in all probalbility both may be gone together next year. This is the Dolphins we are talking about NOT Detroit where that is tolerated.

yeah but I wasnt reacting to your post or anyones post neccessarily. I was just spelling it out as I see it based on this thread and how it went down. Quite frankly, I think people waste too much time hanging people on a string. I just want to see my new QB run a nice hurry up offense by seasons end. I hope he survives.

Back
Top Bottom