Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

CBS 4 in Miami interviewed a woman in Key West who says she isn't evacuating because "this is my home!" They still make people like this. Amazing. Be safe guys.

MIAMI - To help alleviate communication problems before and after Hurricane Irma possibly strikes South Florida, Comcast has opened its WiFi hotspots free of charge to anyone.

Even those who do not subscribe to Xfinity internet service can receive the free WiFi.
Those who do not subscribe to Xfinity will be asked to sign a page that will allow them to access the service for two hours each use through Sept. 15. Users can sign back in to receive an additional two hours.

Xfinity internet customers can sign in with their usernames and passwords and they will be automatically connected to Xfinity WiFi hotspots in the future.

Select the "xfinitywifi" network when in range of one of hotspots.

CLICK HERE for hotspot locations

Gov. Rick Scott announced that AT&T and Verizon are also helping set up hotspot WiFi locations.
https://www.clickorlando.com/weathe...tm_source=facebook_News_6_WKMG_/_ClickOrlando

Where I'm from we have earthquakes, but even the biggest ones are over relatively quickly, and we can speedily move on to recovery. I can't imagine what it must be like to deal with a storm of this magnitude. Stay safe, Floridians.
This is the worst part of a hurricane...It just goes on for what seems lake an eternity when you are in it.

Too late to leave and the eye looking like it's literally going to roll over my house.

Nice knowing you guys.

That sucks. There's definitely still options though. If you're going to drive north, I'd say be on the safe side and leave as soon as possible, preferably today. Driving north tomorrow and after is a very risky proposition that could very well lead to a death trap on the highway. You have to remember that millions of other residents will have the same plan in mind, and they will have to get gas, also. Let the Waze app be your guide if you're going to drive. It provides crowd sourced live traffic updates, and the technology reroutes your path to navigate you to your destination to keep you away from heavier traffic.

One way tickets departing tomorrow still look reasonably affordable considering the short notice. I saw a one way fare from FLL to New York for $242. There's a one way fare from FLL to ATL for $144. Greyhound & Megabus are sold out. I didn't see anything for Amtrak, either.

If you're stuck here, there's always shelters.

edit: Figured you could use a laugh. Prison Mike wouldn't give up. Why should you, biatch!!?!?!?

Last edited:
I just read an article from a publication out of the U.K. It is warning that Hurricane Irma stands a chance to hit cities as far north as Washington D.C., Baltimore and New York. This isn't good news for the East Coast. I saw the article on Google Newsstand, I went back to get the link and now can't find the article. Edit: I just found the article, it appears in Express.co.uk.

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone in the path of the storm. I've lived through two smaller hurricanes up here in Massachusetts but nothing in comparison to what most of you experience down in Florida. Be safe and be smart. If you can just GTFO. Items can be replaced, your life can not.

I'm watching the governor's press conference now. If you're in an evacuation area and don't have enough gas, this number is available:

800-955-5504

How are you looking? You're in the Ft Laud area, correct?

Thoughts and prayers to all in harms way. Trust your instincts and do what is best for your individual situations.

LA fitness and many places already closed in Hollywood. People are at least taking this very seriously- and giviing employees plently of time to get ready.

Yes, I'm in Sunrise. You? I'm fully stocked and ready. Storm windows and a new roof from last year, but I'm getting more water today just in case.

Same here. New roof, generator, gas, supplies, food and shutters. Im 5 min from the Dolphins training facility so we may have the same type of damage - whatever that may be.

Back
Top Bottom