Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

I have a flight out of here friday at 3PM to Cancun. Hearing so much about cancellations. Anyone know if they plan on cancelling friday flights? Getting worried about it. My friend's fight today was already cancelled, but that was going to Pennsylvania.

I have a flight out of here friday at 3PM to Cancun. Hearing so much about cancellations. Anyone know if they plan on cancelling friday flights? Getting worried about it. My friend's fight today was already cancelled, but that was going to Pennsylvania.

I don't have inside knowledge on that, but the FlightStats app is pretty good. Real-time info on cancellations.

Yes, I'm in Sunrise. You? I'm fully stocked and ready. Storm windows and a new roof from last year, but I'm getting more water today just in case.

Prepped and ready here in Jax. I put our place in Ft laud on lockdown this past weekend, no one will be there so it is what it is.

As a family we're still trying to juggle the best plan of action as my dad is in Bahia Mar (lives on his sailboat) and my brother is in Cape Coral. My dad can't leave until Friday when the bridges close so he can tie off across the docks and waterways, but looks like he'll be headed West to my brothers to hunker down instead of trying to travel in all the traffic North on 95 to stay with us. My sister, who is in WPB, cancelled her flight to CO (IDK why) and will be staying put with a family in a secure house.

Same here. New roof, generator, gas, supplies, food and shutters. Im 5 min from the Dolphins training facility so we may have the same type of damage - whatever that may be.

Best to you guys down there. It's going to be ugly, very ugly. I'll be thinking of all of you down there. Try and keep in touch here whenever possible.

I'm worried my aunt and uncle may not get out- they're flight isn't until Saturday.

If I'm Ross i'd have the crews taking down that new roof they put on the stadium. It doesn't stand a chance if a cat 4 hits it directly.
You can scratch playing games there for a while.
Not that that's as important as the well being of the people there just saying.
:laugh

That is not a removable roof. It is fixed. Screwed, nailed, waterproofed. It is designated as a Cat IV approved roof. It has actually very little wind surface. It may vibrate like hell but flexibility is good.
If Irma rolls up the State from the south I would assume that by the time the Hurricane gets to the stadium it might be a CAT III Hurricane.
The eye is very small. Only 20 miles in diameter.

Prepped and ready here in Jax. I put our place in Ft laud on lockdown this past weekend, no one will be there so it is what it is.

As a family we're still trying to juggle the best plan of action as my dad is in Bahia Mar (lives on his sailboat) and my brother is in Cape Coral. My dad can't leave until Friday when the bridges close so he can tie off across the docks and waterways, but looks like he'll be headed West to my brothers to hunker down instead of trying to travel in all the traffic North on 95 to stay with us. My sister, who is in WPB, cancelled her flight to CO (IDK why) and will be staying put with a family in a secure house.

Best to you guys down there. It's going to be ugly, very ugly. I'll be thinking of all of you down there. Try and keep in touch here whenever possible.

Same here. New roof, generator, gas, supplies, food and shutters. Im 5 min from the Dolphins training facility so we may have the same type of damage - whatever that may be.

All the best to you and your family.

Keep safe everyone, hope everyone is stocked up on board games and supplies in safe spaces. Hurricane Sandy revitalized my love for Risk and Monopoly, It also made me used to taking cold showers ( Silver lining )

Keep safe everyone, hope everyone is stocked up on board games and supplies in safe spaces. Hurricane Sandy revitalized my love for Risk and Monopoly, It also made me used to taking cold showers ( Silver lining )

That's awesome. Haven't played either of those in forever b/c, I kid you not, both of those games ended up being banned in our household growing up. LOL We might have been just a little too competitive.

Back
Top Bottom