Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

I really feel for these people in the outer islands. They're going to get hit again by Hurricane Jose this weekend.

Gonna ride it out here in PSL with my family. 11 PM track by the Hurricane Center has the eye over my house at 8 PM Sunday night, at 140 MPH. I have no connections on the west coast and I don't want to get stuck in the middle of the state in evacuation traffic. I evacuated for Matthew because I had a place to go...not this time.

I personally think the Hurricane Center is being conservative by their intensity estimates. The storm has perfect conditions all the way up to Florida. Only hope for weakening is land interaction with Cuba, or eyewall replacements which causes fluctuations in intensity.

I see no reason why this can't be a category 5 approaching southeast Florida, and many of the computer models show that extreme intensity as well.

Gonna ride it out here in PSL with my family. 11 PM track by the Hurricane Center has the eye over my house at 8 PM Sunday night, at 140 MPH. I have no connections on the west coast and I don't want to get stuck in the middle of the state in evacuation traffic. I evacuated for Matthew because I had a place to go...not this time.

I personally think the Hurricane Center is being conservative by their intensity estimates. The storm has perfect conditions all the way up to Florida. Only hope for weakening is land interaction with Cuba, or eyewall replacements which causes fluctuations in intensity.

I see no reason why this can't be a category 5 approaching southeast Florida, and many of the computer models show that extreme intensity as well.

My dad is currently on the coast of Ft Lauderdale and can't leave until Friday but he is leaving. Don't let the major traffic hassles discourage from evacuating if called upon. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Best to you and your family. Try and keep in touch here if possible.

Some models have it going farther east. Who the hell knows.

So East Miramar looks like we're going to be slammed?

Hopefully East Miramar is still on the map.

Right now it looks like the eye will make a direct hit at the Dade/Broward line and then ride i-95 north up the entire state and into the Carolinas. Anything within 25 miles of the eye wall will get absolutely crushed with speeds of 145 mph+.

Despite being over land the eye is so big that it will likely be over water as well and Florida is already flat so it doesn't necessarily do much to break up the storm like going over the mountains of the Dominican Republic or over Cuba, would of done. This current track is literally the perfect storm for tragedy in regards to south FL and the whole Florida east coast.

If the current path stays the same, you are likely looking at the worst hurricane ever from a damage perspective (Katrina and Harvey damage was more due to slowing storms and flooding, the damage here will be mainly wind related with houses in the street, in addition to some flooding and storm surge.

I'd say at this point, those in Key West were likely safer, although that is not a gamble I would make with a storm like this because if it changed its mind you are screwed.

We still have time for it to make a turn to where we don't get the absolute worst of it but those last two cones are worst scenario type of projections and as we get closer the cones become more and more accurate with less error probability.

It is not looking good at all.

Godspeed to all of you Floridians. We've spent enough time in your state that we almost feel it's a second home, and we've always appreciated the hospitality. Really heart-rending to see these storm projections. Please take care and stay safe.

My girlfriend lives in Coral Ridge and I work off Broward Blvd near Federal.

Out here in Delray and we're expecting the worst. Hoping everyone is prepared by tomorrow evening.

I'm right near Delray too man. I'm getting the hell out of here Thursday around 11am. I hope you're prepared and be safe.

Tonight's European model run (the best performing model) has another devastating run for southeast Florida, the eye being on shore from coastal Miami-Dade all the way up to Indian River County before the core moves back over water.

Last edited:
Not taking away from the seriousness of the situation for a lot of us, but I thought this was funny.

Suh said:
Said Ndamukong Suh: “I’m definitely concerned about the community in South Florida as a whole. Really the whole state, especially with a state of emergency. Luckily, my family doesn’t like me so they’re up in Portland, Oregon and Detroit and up north.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...y-jackson/article171588887.html#storylink=cpy

P.S. just read the discussion on IRMA at the NHC and the forecaster talked about possible wind sheer at about 72 hours. Hope she moves more East, but at this point I will take it if it will weaken her.

Last edited:

Saw this on another site

Evacuation tip

If you think you might evacuate, put a small cup of water in your freezer NOW. Once it's frozen, put a coin on top of the ice. If you come back and aren't sure if you lost power, check the cup. If your coin isn't on top, your food probably spoiled and should be discarded.

If I'm Ross i'd have the crews taking down that new roof they put on the stadium. It doesn't stand a chance if a cat 4 hits it directly.
You can scratch playing games there for a while.
Not that that's as important as the well being of the people there just saying.

If the stadium falls apart instead of trying to get the London game back maybe we'll be playing all our home games there.

I really feel for these people in the outer islands. They're going to get hit again by Hurricane Jose this weekend.

And theres no fema, national guard, celebrity fundraisers etc for those poor bastards

Back
Top Bottom