*** Hurricane Recruiting News *** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hurricane Recruiting News ***

Alright, here's what I got today...

Xavier Nixon PUNKED us badly. He pretty much PLAYED the Hurricane coaches and then pulled the switch today by tossing the 'Canes hat. 'Cane coaches were absolutely STUNNED.

Debose is going to commit to Florida tomorrow BUT he is still going to take an official visit to Miami later on this month from what I've been told. Don't let this commitment to Florida end all hope for this kid because he will be a "soft" verbal—don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Ray Ray Armstrong and Dyron Dye should commit to Miami tomorrow as they've been "silent" commits all along.

Again, this is what I'm hearing and nothing is ever 100% until National Signing Day on the 4th of February. Let Xavier Nixon be a perfect example of this. The 'Cane coaches were SHOCKED that he pulled this stunt.

Allow me to reassure everyone that Bryce Brown is still a solid commit. He will take a visit to Missouri later on and he's already taken his official visit to Oregon. He has yet to make his official visit to Miami but that day is coming as well. NBC botched their information BADLY today and said that Arthur was informing his to rethink his commitment and his recruiting. This is far off.

As far as AJ McCarron goes, he really disappointed me when he decided to run out of bounds on 4th and 4 instead of tossing it downfield to one of those great receivers. He's taking an offical visit and loves Miami but he's a solid commit with Alabama.

Is it possible the we can get DeBose or Randle without a OC. Its great that Nix is gone but im sure that these Wr's want to know what kind of formation theit going to be playing in.

Any news on the recruiting side. Is Randle still interested. How big of a possibility is it that DeBose changes his mind if when he comes here we have a OC?

Any guys that we are making a late push for like Marlon Brown? Also I read how we were going hard after some Fla State commits, any news on that? THANKS!

Is Dion Sims a lock? Bobby Massie ?

I'm pretty sure that we will have a new offensive coordinator before National Signing Day.

As far as Randle is concerned, believe me when I say that we will be in the running for Randle all the way to signing day and it will come down to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Miami. Randle will take his official visit on the 23rd of this month and he'll probably spend the weekend in Miami. He'll be at Oklahoma State this weekend. I still believe that as long as we don't have an offensive coordinator, Debose will keep his ears peeled and ready to listen. He loves Ray Ray and Dyron and we have those two here and Randy is one hell of a recruiter. It's possible that Debose comes to Miami. I wouldn't rule it out. He's suposed to take an official here as well.

don't know much about Marlon Brown so I'd have to ask around. I'm not sure about the Florida State commits but I'm sure I could figure out some names by the end of the night. The only new recruiting news is pretty much the same as always. We're going hard after offensive lineman and it seems we're making a run for Marcus Hall as well but I think he's an Ohio State lock.

Well lol...

Apparently Randle has decided to nix his visit to Oklahoma State this weekend and will instead visit Auburn. I guess Trooper Taylor was a big deal.

Jared Wheeler just announced he will be going with the Canes. Can play all 3 positions on the line . . . but I expect him to be a Guard. 3 star recruit out of Plantation.

Another solid addition to the Miami OLine. God knows we need them.

JCane -

Do you know anything about this nonsense regarding Bryce's comment that Oregon leads over Miami now??

Bryce Brown was asked to rank his top schools right now and this was his response:

"I've said in an interview before that Oregon is my top school right now."

Now, the important thing here is to understand a portion of Bryce's response to the question. Bryce clearly states that he has said before that oregon was his top school. Nothing has really changed here. The fact is, Bryce Brown loves Oregon. But no matter what Oregon does, Miami still holds the greatest chip of all: Arthur Brown. In the end, maybe Bryce Brown does choose Oregon over Miami. Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see. I still say he's a 'Cane and I'll eat my hat if he isn't.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that Bryce Brown has already visited Clemson, Missouri, and Oregon. There's a lot about those schools to love. Bryce Brown has yet to visit Miami. He WILL visit. His brother is here and he really wants to play with his brother. Miami has a lot to offer a kid like Bryce Brown. Miami has a beautiful campus, beaches in every direction, ladies, lots to do, tradition, smaller classrooms, a better education than any of the other schools he has visited, and the list goes on. I think that once Bryce Brown gets to Coral Gables for an official visit, that will be all that it takes. Come Signing Day, he'll ink with the 'Canes. The new offensive coordinator will sell Brown's skills and abilities as the perfect fit for the pro-style offense that Shannon is dead set on running. Bryce Brown is the ideal running back for that offense. Shannon is focused on this offensive coordinator hire at the moment. He knows that Arthur Brown is here and that Arthur isn't going anywhere. That is Shannon's blue chip with Bryce and Shannon knows that no matter what Bryce tells anyone, he's coming to Miami for an official visit. Shannon is a great recruiter and he will lock down this kid when he gets to Miami.

I imagine Miami is quite different compared to all of those schools. Besides the beautiful landscaping with the palm trees, fountains, and lakes UM is a unique place. I don't know them, but the Browns seem like a close-knit family, and if Arthur felt compelled to pick UM, I'm sure Bryce will be similarly convinced. He and his brother could be two key components to the Hurricanes turnaround.

I'll tell you what, I'm beginning to get excited about these guys. Jacory showed tremendous potential as a true freshman last year. I'd love to get Randle or Debose, but I think we have a lot of playmakers there. My two areas of concern (like everyone's I'm sure) are o-line and secondary. Do you know if Ray Ray is supposed to play safety here? I sure hope so. I still think we need another corner. What's the deal with Cliff Harris?

Thanks again for the info.

I really doubt that Ray Ray Armstrong will play safety at Miami. My guess is that he at Sean Spence will wreak havoc together as linebackers. Spence and Armstrong rushing the gut of the offensive line with a quarterback in their crosshairs is a scary thought. I wouldn't be too concerned with the state of the secondary. We have some really nasty dudes ready to step in and make a contribution in the secondary. Kids like Brandon McGee, Brandon Harris who seen a lot of playing time this past season, Vaughn Telemaque, CJ Holton, Prince Kent, Joe Wylie even. Van Dyke returns. JoJo Nicholas returns. Chavez Grant is back. It looks promising for the secondary.

Bryce Brown was asked to rank his top schools right now and this was his response:

"I've said in an interview before that Oregon is my top school right now."

Now, the important thing here is to understand a portion of Bryce's response to the question. Bryce clearly states that he has said before that oregon was his top school. Nothing has really changed here. The fact is, Bryce Brown loves Oregon. But no matter what Oregon does, Miami still holds the greatest chip of all: Arthur Brown. In the end, maybe Bryce Brown does choose Oregon over Miami. Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see. I still say he's a 'Cane and I'll eat my hat if he isn't.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that Bryce Brown has already visited Clemson, Missouri, and Oregon. There's a lot about those schools to love. Bryce Brown has yet to visit Miami. He WILL visit. His brother is here and he really wants to play with his brother. Miami has a lot to offer a kid like Bryce Brown. Miami has a beautiful campus, beaches in every direction, ladies, lots to do, tradition, smaller classrooms, a better education than any of the other schools he has visited, and the list goes on. I think that once Bryce Brown gets to Coral Gables for an official visit, that will be all that it takes. Come Signing Day, he'll ink with the 'Canes. The new offensive coordinator will sell Brown's skills and abilities as the perfect fit for the pro-style offense that Shannon is dead set on running. Bryce Brown is the ideal running back for that offense. Shannon is focused on this offensive coordinator hire at the moment. He knows that Arthur Brown is here and that Arthur isn't going anywhere. That is Shannon's blue chip with Bryce and Shannon knows that no matter what Bryce tells anyone, he's coming to Miami for an official visit. Shannon is a great recruiter and he will lock down this kid when he gets to Miami.

If we lose Bryce and don't get Randle or Debose . . . all is not lost . . . I'm more concerned with trying to wrap up these Linemen that we are looking at. Massie, Bunche, White, etc. Arthur still is the big chip like you said and that . . . and the signing of a quality OC will ultimately get Bryce signed with the Canes. He is talented enough to start right away, but I could see JJ and Coop still dominating the snaps at RB this season. Bryce will be the 2010 workhorse.

Regardless we also have Lamar Miller, he is a hell of a RB as well.

I really doubt that Ray Ray Armstrong will play safety at Miami. My guess is that he at Sean Spence will wreak havoc together as linebackers. Spence and Armstrong rushing the gut of the offensive line with a quarterback in their crosshairs is a scary thought. I wouldn't be too concerned with the state of the secondary. We have some really nasty dudes ready to step in and make a contribution in the secondary. Kids like Brandon McGee, Brandon Harris who seen a lot of playing time this past season, Vaughn Telemaque, CJ Holton, Prince Kent, Joe Wylie even. Van Dyke returns. JoJo Nicholas returns. Chavez Grant is back. It looks promising for the secondary.

Man a LB corps of Spence, Ray Ray and ARthur Brown is just going to be SICK.

Just got word that Rueben Randle apparently ditched Oklahoma State AND Auburn. What happened was that Trooper Taylor who was coaching at Oklahoma State took a job at Auburn and was begging Randle to visit Auburn. Apparently Auburn was shooting blanks when they broke the news that Randle was for sure visiting.

I'm trying to see what else I can get about Rueben today but I have a feeling they'll want me to keep it quiet because it's family related.

I know its a little too early to talk about next years recruiting class but are any guys close to committing. I know we already got Nix and Chandler but florida already has 4 top 150 recruits. I wud think that year would be our chance to bypass Florida. One of the recruits that I dont think they offered yet who plays in miami is Lynden Trail. A 6-7 De who runs a 4.4. They need to go ahead and lock him up w/ him and Dyron Dye on the outside and guys like Fortson, Nix, and Chandler in the middle thatd be unstoplable. Cant forget about Bailey and Robinson. I wud think it shud be Fla St. and Miami in the acc this year and by 2010 Mia shud be back on top.

Any of you gentlemen know of a good recruiting site to read up on recruits the canes are currently after? I know of rivals, and the Info i've been getting here has been great. I'm just looking for another good one, perhaps a site I don't have to subscribe too.

Back
Top Bottom