Hyde: Draft Winds IV - A thorough breakdown of Cam Newton (w/ video) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Draft Winds IV - A thorough breakdown of Cam Newton (w/ video)

Fantastic read CK.

I don't know if you're getting compensation for these or not, but whatever it is, it's not enough...

i can't thanks that enough...simply amazing work by you guys...whether you like cam or not the kind of detail you guys have put out there for people to form opinions is outstanding

would it be greedy to ask for this kind of work up on the other top qb prospects??? probably...but this is outstanding stuff

The throws at 7:25 and 9:45 of the second video (pocket passing) are my two favorite throws he's ever made...

That's good work by you guys of covering all the bases for the most part regarding Cam Newton..

Next up... Ryan Mallett... it's worth it.

There is no denying that Newton has the physical characteristics to make one drool. But, he is playing in Malzahn's offense that has produced alot of QBs that have put up eye-popping numbers and have done jack squat in the pros. And if you listen to him, you get a sense of entitlement. Maybe some can bury their heads in sand, but I don't for a minute think he did not know that his dad was shopping him. His dad will probably fall on the proverbial sword so he can get he rewards in the end.

I am not saying that Newton will not have a successful pro career, but I have seen guys that display the same kind of attitude crash and burn more than once when they get to the league.

The throws at 7:25 and 9:45 of the second video (pocket passing) are my two favorite throws he's ever made...

That's good work by you guys of covering all the bases for the most part regarding Cam Newton..

Next up... Ryan Mallett... it's worth it.

I agree with you...it IS worth it. I'll see what I can cook up for Ryan Mallett although I don't believe we're going to be able to devote an entire Sun Sentinel piece to it like we did Cam Newton.

I want to do the same style...although since every prospect is unique, every prospect has different issues you have to spend time addressing.

One thing I thought we were able to do well in this one is while there were CLEARLY some issues that Simon and I drew a line in the sand on, for most of the write up we stuck pretty well to description and information sharing, only casting our final opinions on at the end.

the biggest jaw dropper throw for me was the 25 yard gain from the center of the field to the sideline flat footed...my god...what a damn throw

anybody who says they wouldn't use a top 20 pick on this kid blows my mind...he's a rediculous talent

Their's no way this guy falls to the dolphins..no way at all. If by some miracle he falls to us and we pass on him...i swear!

the biggest jaw dropper throw for me was the 25 yard gain from the center of the field to the sideline flat footed...my god...what a damn throw

anybody who says they wouldn't use a top 20 pick on this kid blows my mind...he's a rediculous talent

The throw you're referring to highlights his arm strength, but also his bad mechanics... it's not a throw you want see how times you'll get away with in the NFL.

The throw at 7:25 is as mechanically perfect from the ground up as Cam Newton can get.... that's what the polished version of Cam Newton looks like.

Kid's supremely talented... but it takes so much more than that to be a franchise quarterback.

guys...i don't want it to go that route (unless you give me free access lol) but thats the kind of information and quality tape work that you should have to pay for to get

There's another one, I can't remember where it was in the video but I remember the throw, he threw to the right sideline I think against Georgia. The "POP!" you heard as that ball hit the receiver was just incredible. It's probably in the pocket passing video.

guys...i don't want it to go that route (unless you give me free access lol) but thats the kind of information and quality tape work that you should have to pay for to get

I can think of a few...shall we say, legal?...problems with that idea, lol. :)

The throw you're referring to highlights his arm strength, but also his bad mechanics... it's not a throw you want see how times you'll get away with in the NFL.

The throw at 7:25 is as mechanically perfect from the ground up as Cam Newton can get.... that's what the polished version of Cam Newton looks like.

Kid's supremely talented... but it takes so much more than that to be a franchise quarterback.

i understand that but how do you not beg borrow and steal (as mayock would say) to get in position to take a chance on that kind of talent... holy cow...i agree with ck and boom that kids got once a decade physical talent

There's another one, I can't remember where it was in the video but I remember the throw, he threw to the right sideline I think against Georgia. The "POP!" you heard as that ball hit the receiver was just incredible. It's probably in the pocket passing video.

i heard that too...the announcer was like giggling over that ball...kids filthy talented

Back
Top Bottom