Hyde: Hear this Dolphins? Peyton won't be playing with Luck | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Hear this Dolphins? Peyton won't be playing with Luck

most spine injuries have some permanent features, he had a anterior fusion, most common area is C5 which effects deltoid group, fusion is now stable occurding to ct bone scan, but that does not mean he will ever get back his strength in his arm no matter how much therapy he gets. Spinal nerves dont fully heal many times and you cant strengthen the muscle group if the wires dont work. This type of surgery is not typical for football players. I dont even think you could have a full idea in three or four months. The team would have to seriously consider drafting a QB for insurance and the future.

On Sunday Countdown, Mort mentioned another player that I believe was a DB that had the same surgery and the player said he feel great. The name of the player escapes me. The point that was being made was this player was always hitting and tackling, but still was fine. Of course, a QB does not get as much punishment as a defensive player.

I think this has a chance of happening IF he is healthy.

Make a run...

He will be healthy

This is just wishful thinking. As Bonedoc said, the sort of injury he has and the kind of surgeries that he went through are the sort of thing that it's really, really unlikely he will just pop back up from at 100% six months from now. He is damaged goods.

I would not be surprised if Peyton decides to hang 'em up entirely if the Colts cut him and draft Luck.

On Sunday Countdown, Mort mentioned another player that I believe was a DB that had the same surgery and the player said he feel great. The name of the player escapes me. The point that was being made was this player was always hitting and tackling, but still was fine. Of course, a QB does not get as much punishment as a defensive player.

I think this has a chance of happening IF he is healthy.

Make a run...

I think it is brady smith and he is a DE for Atlanta. I remember them talking about this as well.

the problem with manning is the nerves he damaged are the ones he needs to throw the ball, you cannot compare the two positions or players conditions. No two people recover the same from this stuff

This is just wishful thinking. As Bonedoc said, the sort of injury he has and the kind of surgeries that he went through are the sort of thing that it's really, really unlikely he will just pop back up from at 100% six months from now. He is damaged goods.

I would not be surprised if Peyton decides to hang 'em up entirely if the Colts cut him and draft Luck.

Did you see the interview with the CBS crew on Sunday? He did not look like a man that wanted to hang it up nor want to see the Colts draft Andrew Luck. I am telling you he will be available. You are right obviously his healthy must be checked and the Drew Brees Dolphins Doctors can stay home the day he is evaluated. However, I think he will come back and imagine the buzz and success of this team with Peyton Manning under center...wow.

Bill Polian doesnt give a crap about what is ideal for Manning or Luck. He only cares about improving his team.

Favre wasnt happy about the packers drafting Rogers.

McNabb wasnt happy when the Eagles drafted Kolb.

Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers....and the list goes on.

The Colts will draft Andrew Luck and keep Manning, and if you think Manning's feeling will even be considered, you havent been paying attention to how GM's draft.

Did you see the interview with the CBS crew on Sunday? He did not look like a man that wanted to hang it up nor want to see the Colts draft Andrew Luck. I am telling you he will be available. You are right obviously his healthy must be checked and the Drew Brees Dolphins Doctors can stay home the day he is evaluated. However, I think he will come back and imagine the buzz and success of this team with Peyton Manning under center...wow.

The only buzz I'm imagining is a daydream with no foothold in reality.

This is how I see it, the colts ARE trading out of that 1st overall spot, whether that be to our beloved dolphins (Ross pony up the bill) or to some other team.
I see them drafting either L. Jones or R. Tannehill, maybe even RG3 to sit behind Manning to learn the next 3-4 yrs and have a boatload of picks with that trade to fix that whole team, because they have so many holes and it's not just at the QB position.

This is how I see it, the colts ARE trading out of that 1st overall spot, whether that be to our beloved dolphins (Ross pony up the bill) or to some other team.
I see them drafting either L. Jones or R. Tannehill, maybe even RG3 to sit behind Manning to learn the next 3-4 yrs and have a boatload of picks with that trade to fix that whole team, because they have so many holes and it's not just at the QB position.

Doesn't the very existence of Peyton Manning and his ability to turn that awful team into a perennial division champion make it glaringly obvious to the entire world (and especially the Indianapolis Colts) that they need to draft Andrew Luck?

Doesn't the very existence of Peyton Manning and his ability to turn that awful team into a perennial division champion make it glaringly obvious to the entire world (and especially the Indianapolis Colts) that they need to draft Andrew Luck?

If Manning is healthy why waste a high draft pick on a QB when they can trade down pick up a QB still and have a boatload picks?

Yes I absolutely love the thought of Manning in a fins uni, but I just don't see the colts doing that.

So you don't see the Colts making the smart move? Okay, I hope you're right and Bill Polian is a moron and trades Miami the #1 pick.

BINGO we have a winner. This years draft is stocked with high potential QBs, where Luck differentiates himself from the pack is that he is the msot NFL ready. If Manning is healthy the Colts don't need an NFL ready QB and would be better off taking the QB they feel has the most upside (RG3?) and stock piling picks.

I think the smarter move would be for them to trade down, pick up extra picks to fix both sides of the ball not just QB. They can still pick up a quality QB to learn behind Manning for the next 3-4 yrs.

Back
Top Bottom