Hyde5: Draft or free agency for Dolphins disastrous LB unit? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde5: Draft or free agency for Dolphins disastrous LB unit?

If the Dolphins do not invest in better coverage LBs and a true FS us Dolphins fans will once again be disappointed. As the defense will get shredded by TEs and RBs again in 2018. The only difference would be that with better QB play the Dolphins should score more points and have a shot to win a few more games. However if they continue to stick their heads in the sand and ignore the LB and FS positions they will not be a serious playoff contender. I know there is only so much they can do with the resources they have. However the lack of speed and overall talent at LB and the lack of a Safety with good range needs to be addressed.

On Defense WLB, SLB, FS, & DE are pressing needs. Allen and Anthony still have a lot to prove on the field while Alonso is a known liability that they are stuck with due to an awful contract handed out to him last year. The goal is to get dominant players as starters and quality players as backups who can also play special teams.

This. We MUST draft some speed LBs in THIS draft, at least two. Watching the Jags control the Patriots with their front four and speed behind it was all we needed to see. Speed kills

The tape I want to see at lb based on senior bowl showing is Darius Leonard

2 tapes in I’m interested the range is exceptional athlete looks good. Listed at 6 foot 3 235 a little lean in the torso 3 down lb.

Probably weak side or nickel starter I’d project carry coverage there.

Inside the box instincts are lacking that’s why he hops in place post snap takes him a while to see it. Allows linemen to get on him at the 2nd level as a result. I can hide that more at weak. Poa play lacks another reason weak easiest fit

If I can get that in the 4th round I’m on it. 3rd round I’m ok with it.

Range speed size for carry cover and athlete all pluses.

Poa play and instincts inside in the box minuses

On my target list at lb

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom