Hypothetical: If the Draft falls this way . . . who you got? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical: If the Draft falls this way . . . who you got?

The Miami Dolphins select?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hypothetically... the draft falls like this . Do you trade up for Amari Cooper?

Screen_Shot_2015_04_16_at_10_22_21_PM.png

I'd certainly try to trade up. The Giants are one of the teams that I think would be open to a reasonable trade, but I wouldn't sell the farm to get there.

Ideally, we could send Dion Jordan and a late pick to them, I think he would fit well in their D.

With the Giants, Rams, Vikings, Browns, and Saints all ahead of us, I don't see Cooper reaching us. Waynes, Scherff, Parker, and Gurley could all be gone as well.

I think AP and the Vikings are done, if they don't pick Waynes I think they go with Gurley.

If Cooper fell to 9, I'd absolutely try to move up. Wouldn't be nearly as steep as a price as 4/5

Hypothetically... the draft falls like this . Do you trade up for Amari Cooper?

Screen_Shot_2015_04_16_at_10_22_21_PM.png

If the Giants really want Brandon Scherff, which I think is a very strong possibility, don't think they'll trade down to 14 and risk not getting him. Would take a lot to trade up and convince them and we don't have a lot.

If Cooper fell to 9, I'd absolutely try to move up. Wouldn't be nearly as steep as a price as 4/5

Agree, and I do think it's possible that he falls that far. Hopefully #14, our 4th and a 2nd next year would get that done.

If the Giants really want Brandon Scherff, which I think is a very strong possibility, don't think they'll trade down to 14 and risk not getting him. Would take a lot to trade up and convince them and we don't have a lot.

If I'm the Giants, there is now way anybody moves up w/o giving up their 2nd rounder in 2015 . . . or their first rounder in 2016.

For Cooper? Done.

Me too :lol:

I think it will cost more than that though . . . I was just saying, I doubt you get the Giants to give up the pick for our 2015 4th and a 2016 2nd . . . you are gonna need to part with at least the 2nd round in 2015 or the 2016 first . . . in addition to other pick/picks.

Like the 2015 2nd and the 2016 2nd will get it done . . . . too rich for me.

Me too :lol:

I think it will cost more than that though . . . I was just saying, I doubt you get the Giants to give up the pick for our 2015 4th and a 2016 2nd . . . you are gonna need to part with at least the 2nd round in 2015 or the 2016 first . . . in addition to other pick/picks.

Like the 2015 2nd and the 2016 2nd will get it done . . . . too rich for me.

With all of those defensive players on the board still in that scenario, ATL would possibly be the easier trade partner. Or even the Bears, though I'd imagine they're in the running for Cooper.

With all of those defensive players on the board still in that scenario, ATL would possibly be the easier trade partner. Or even the Bears, though I'd imagine they're in the running for Cooper.

Oh yea, definitely. I think they are prime trade down candidates unless either team covets WR, Waynes or a guy like Williams/Beasley fall to them. They can trade down and still get a vital 3-4 piece and pick up 2nd round ammo

Oh yea, definitely. I think they are prime trade down candidates unless either team covets WR, Waynes or a guy like Williams/Beasley fall to them. They can trade down and still get a vital 3-4 piece and pick up 2nd round ammo

Chicago probably does. Atlanta, while I'm sure they would enjoy the luxury of a Jones/Cooper tandem, likely realizes that if they can put together some semblance of a defense, they can run that division for years.

The Giants really want a RT. Scherff is a stud OG, but as a RT he is just a decent prospect IMHO. I definitely can see them passing on Sheff and looking for Flowers, Clemmings or someone else for RT later.

Their defense needs help and that's where I think they go.

The Giants really want a RT. Scherff is a stud OG, but as a RT he is just a decent prospect IMHO. I definitely can see them passing on Sheff and looking for Flowers, Clemmings or someone else for RT later.

Their defense needs help and that's where I think they go.

I mean ideally they'll want to kick Pugh inside and look for that RT. I fully expect at least one time to reach for Flowers before we pick . . . it could be them.

If we can get Flowers/Shelton and possibly a reach for Perriman inside of when we pick, there will be some primetime blood available.

The guy that looks to be falling is danny shelton...a lot of cleveland at 19 buzz...wouldnt shock me if he was on the board in the 20s although it would help us from my point of view if he went in front of us seems unlikely he will

I chose L. Collins OL LSU

He's the one I would feel most comfortable with providing instant contribution. Philbin loves him some Misi and Coyle, I doubt, wants a rook running his D. I really like Kendricks but Im not about spending a 1st on a guy that wont get on the field right away

Back
Top Bottom