I am not impressed w/ either jets or Pats | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am not impressed w/ either jets or Pats

I can't wait until the Jets destroy the Bills in week 6. Because by then the Bills will have plenty of film to gameplan the Jets and Bills fans will have no excuse for the embarrassment. TO's sad face will be all over ESPN when Revis shuts him down.
Your funny. Who will shut down Evens?

Your funny. Who will shut down Evens?

Revis. TO is their 2nd best WR. Those 2 WRs are excellent players but how will Edwards have time to throw? We destroyed Schaub w/o 2 of our best pass rushers and harrassed Brady all game w/o probably our best pass rusher. By the time we face Buf we'll be at full strength(barring injury). I feel confidenct about this D against anyone right now. That could change as things do change quickly in this league but right now we are playing by far the best defense in the league and we completely shut down 2 of the best offenses.

He did everything Welker does. Welker has such an easy job b/c D's don't worry about him- they worry about Moss. D's will givce up the underneath stuff and thaqt's what we did w/ Edelman. What Edelman did Sunday was better than all but one of Welkers games against us.

He had 8 recs and I believe they said he was thrown to 16 times BUT he only had one drop. brady is not Brady YET and he missed some throws partly b/c of the pressure and partly b/c of rust. I don't think Welker makes much of a difference(if at all) in that game. Let's not forget we played w/o our best pass rusher.

Yup. And the Pats played w/o their best LB and lost their best safety in the 2nd half. I don't take away from the jets 2nd half improvement on offense because of that.

Welker is an incredibly overrated player. he's a nice player but his #s are inflated and he's overrated b/c of that.. Welker has had one big game against us(last year at NE), edelman's performance yesterday was better than all but one of Welker's games against us. he did everything Welker normally does.

I definitley agree. But Welker is still a better player then Edelman at this point in both of their careers. Just because Edelman played a Wes Welker like game doesnt mean he accounted for everything Welker would have accounted for.

But yes I agree Welker is overrated in my opinion and benefits greatly from the Brady/Moss combo. He's a nice player but he isnt great like a lot of people think he is.

I read somewhere that they hit him 23 times.I watched the game and they hit him WAY MORE than 5 times!It was beautiful...........:woot::chuckle:
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/putting_a_hurting_on_tom_brady.html

Breaking News, Must-See Sports Stories, Print edition stories, Reporters' blog » Putting a hurting on Tom Brady was the key to the NY Jets' victory over the Patriots

By Dave Hutchinson/The Star Ledger

September 22, 2009, 12:47AM

tombradysandwich92009909622448980b2c0_la-1.jpg
Andrew Mills/The Star-LedgerPatriots quarterback Tom Brady wasn't sacked in Sunday's 16-9 Jets victory, but he was hit 23 times, including this time, by Bryan Thomas (99) and David Harris (52).
The number that jumped off the screen Monday as the Jets watched film of their 16-9 victory over the New England Patriots on Sunday was 23. That’s how many times their defense hit Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

Revis. TO is their 2nd best WR. Those 2 WRs are excellent players but how will Edwards have time to throw? We destroyed Schaub w/o 2 of our best pass rushers and harrassed Brady all game w/o probably our best pass rusher. By the time we face Buf we'll be at full strength(barring injury). I feel confidenct about this D against anyone right now. That could change as things do change quickly in this league but right now we are playing by far the best defense in the league and we completely shut down 2 of the best offenses.

Yep. Sheppard made a career out of shutting down TO.

Back
Top Bottom