I am not impressed w/ either jets or Pats | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am not impressed w/ either jets or Pats

I know Im a homer, but the Bills were doing just fine, maybe even better against NE up until those dang last 5 minutes, and they even had Welker. And our offense wasn't really stopped by the Pats defense. Also, I saw a stat that the Jets only knocked down Brady 5 times? What happened, I thought Rhodes said they would knock him down more than the Bills 6 times?

Long season ahead. What i think I know, NE is not going to win the division without a fight.

I know Im a homer, but the Bills were doing just fine, maybe even better against NE up until those dang last 5 minutes, and they even had Welker. And our offense wasn't really stopped by the Pats defense. Also, I saw a stat that the Jets only knocked down Brady 5 times? What happened, I thought Rhodes said they would knock him down more than the Bills 6 times?

Long season ahead. What i think I know, NE is not going to win the division without a fight.

They knocked him down more than five times.At one point the announcer said he had counted 10 times that Brady bit the turf.

how can you not be impressed with the jets so far? damn they look good. i don't want to play them twice this year - would much rather play the patsies four times.

Actually, I am not all that impressed with the Jet D. It doesnt resemble anything like Baltimores.
Really? You're not impressed with a defense that didn't allow a TD to either the Texans or the Pats in the first two weeks? Those are two pretty good offenses.

I'm serious. For all the talk of a "viscious defense", I didnt see much Visciousness. Not that your D is bad mind you, I think they play very well and they are without Pace right now, but lets not get carried away here. Buffalo's D did just as good without Posluzy for a half until the last minute.
If you say so. Both teams the Jets have played so far have had their offense smothered. I'm not sure what you're looking for in terms of "visciousness", but both Schaub and Brady literally looked defeated by the end of the game against the Jets.

I think Revis is PB legit all the way and did quite well vs. Moss today. But I am also of the opine that NE is the most overrated team in the NFL right now. Buffalo exposed NE before you did.
Fair enough. Like I said, NE is not the team they used to be. The Bills should have beat them but they went into play not to lose mode. The Pats are lucky not to be 0-2 right now.

The Bills should have won that game. They didn't finish.

The Bills should have won that game. They didn't finish.
Your coaching staff has more guts then ours, plus we fumbled.

Your offense didnt finish though, the defense did. Our offense did finish, but our defense didnt and then our special teams didnt.

Your coaching staff has more guts then ours, plus we fumbled.

Your offense didnt finish though, the defense did. Our offense did finish, but our defense didnt and then our special teams didnt.

Agreed. The Jets O is a work in progress. It is ahead of where I thought it would be though. Couldn't be more happy with what the team has done so far as a Jets fan right now.

Now the Jets have a solid defense but the Patriots defense is nothing special. The jets have been giving up stupid penalties and the patriots offense looks sluggish. The jets offense is doing nothing against a mediocre Pats D. Both teams look very vulnerable. We need to bea the colts this weekend because if we do this division will be alot easier than it seems.

I tend to disagree about the Jets, Their defense really shined, yesterday and their offense and ST did a good job as well. Yeah they commited a few penalties. But their run game looked strong and the new rookie really put some heat on a few balls he threw yesterday. Not sure about their depth at positions , but barring injuries they will contend for the AFC East crown.

NE is not the team they used to be and they didn't have Welker today. It's impressive to hold them & the Texans to no offensive TD's over two weeks though. The D is legit.

I'm not trying to be a "troll", but if I were I fins fan I'd be more worried about getting the fins offense going than the Jets.

Oh trust me every fin fan is worry about their o whether they say they do or not.

Now the Jets have a solid defense but the Patriots defense is nothing special. The jets have been giving up stupid penalties and the patriots offense looks sluggish. The jets offense is doing nothing against a mediocre Pats D. Both teams look very vulnerable. We need to bea the colts this weekend because if we do this division will be alot easier than it seems.

We'll keep winning and you let us know when you are impressed. It didn't impress you last week shutting out the texans offense? Did you see that same O put up 30+ this week at Tennessee? I don't know if we can keep it up but what we have done so far is damn impressive.

I saw as much as could of that game, being at work Sunday.

No one could ask more of Sanchez at this point. I bet there are 3 teams that were in the top 10 of the draft reconsidereing if they should have moved up like the Jets did to grab him. No one can knock their defense either.

Also maybe a certain hot shot Cheifs GM now sees he could have had him with the 4th pick while at the same time getting someone really good for their D with that 2nd the Pats took.

lol, but then maybe Cassel would be stinking it up in Denver now.

They may have only knocked him down 5 times but they were in his face all day. He looked overwhelmed at times. I'll take that along with a sub 50% completion rate and 0 TDs over whatever the Bills did last week.

They may have only knocked him down 5 times but they were in his face all day. He looked overwhelmed at times. I'll take that along with a sub 50% completion rate and 0 TDs over whatever the Bills did last week.

I dothink Welker would have made a slight difference.

But anyways, You guys finished him on D we didn't. Our defensive scheme isn't very aggressive, we sit back and wait for you to make a mistake with the occasional blitz.

I hate it.

I'd take the W the Jets got this week.

Too much enfeses is placed on sacks as a yardstick to how well a defense does in passing situations anyway. Like you say, harrassing the qb, "being in his face" forces mistakes like fumbles, interceptions.

Back
Top Bottom