I am signing Kaepernick and not looking back! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am signing Kaepernick and not looking back!

He's a stand up guy. ;)

He's healthy, talented, cheap, fits all the criteria of a backup and starter and oh ya he's a Dolphins fan. Most important of all he can bring out the best in RT knowing he's behind him. Matt Moore knew RT was his meal ticket and served a great purpose helping him develop. The longer RT played well and stayed healthy, the longer MM could cash checks.

I'm not using a 2nd round pick to get a QB who on his best day won't be as good as this former 2nd round pick, especially when you consider we already need AT LEAST one starting OL and TE.

If Armando and Colin want to sit down and clear the air about a T-shirt......they can do that. I am not going there with any of the political stuff.

I would've signed him in August.

Shake things up. This franchise and city can handle it. Be a part of the solution.

He'll be available next week, he just finished weeding my garden and he's painting my garage this weekend so he'll be available.

Hahaha...No he won't, he still has to drywall my shed and apply the first coat of mud.

Well I mean it’s not like our offense is some well oiled super machine.

If the Eagles can win with Wentz then Foles comes in and plays as good, then there’s zero reason to believe Kap couldn’t of came in and been fine.

Foles being a bit for the Eagles has no bearing on whether Kaep would fit our offense.

Well I mean it’s not like our offense is some well oiled super machine.

If the Eagles can win with Wentz then Foles comes in and plays as good, then there’s zero reason to believe Kap couldn’t of came in and been fine.

How can one say he could come to Miami and be fine? You obviously aren't reading the Pros and cons in this thread especially the cons or in the last 6 Kaep threads.

Oh, you're the Gm of a team? Nice. Sign him to your squad, but not the Dolphins.

I don't remember which coach it was, possibly Parcells (who I've generally disliked for 3 decades) but it was a successful one, always advocated for his back up QB to have a completely different style than his starter.

Remembering the purpose of a back up QB is finish the game the starter couldn't and possibly start a few more games after that.

It's difficult for a team to adjust defensively going from (for example) Tannehill to Kaepernick. In game and the following week for that matter, there isn't much tape to go off.

Personal issues aside, Kaepernick is/was clearly better than Jay Cutler and could've helped roll over another $5 or $6 million bucks into this season's salary Kap.

I thought I heard Kap has no one interest in being a backup. This is why, “he has to be better than QB x” is so dumb. Bringing in Kap last offseason just before the 1st preseason game would not have worked. Do we change the whole offense fot one guy? Isn’t that short sighted as it would have killed any development in the Tannehill led offense we’d be running in 2018? Now we have young players like Drake, Patker, Stills, Grant, Tunsil and so on who will be going into year 3 in the offense. That has value. Cutler was the right move it just didn’t work out. Playing moore would have been better than signing Kap.

Not the worst idea. I still think he would have been a better option than Cutler, but who knows.

Kaepernick makes a lot of big plays and can certainly change games. I'd still draft a quarterback, though, to develop as a potential starter.

Allegedly dumb as a box of rocks.. the 2015 SF playbook was dumbed down as far as they could for him and still apparently it wasn't enough. And that's aside from his puppet masters having a new venue. Do we really want another buttinski like Miko tweeting?

I don't know about this. He seems like a wise brother to me ...football iq, well.... He is speaking his truth fearlessly which is beautiful whether we agree or disagree with his message! I would sign him just like OP said! Bless

Wow good points on Kaep...yess he may be done...he isn't with the team for a reason...maybe he doesn't want to come back? Hmmm great discussion guys. Yep this forum is better suited for my needs..

He was good in the read option years ago but he does not possess the speed that he used to have and he will never be a pocket qb. I just don’t think he’s a very good qb even as a backup at this point. I did think Seattle made sense last year but it could’ve caused a split in the locker room. I would pass.

I dont think you understand the Cuban community bro.

Luckily we will never need to find out.
who cares about cubans, kneeling or anything else, i want to win, but last year i would've signed in during the off season while none was paying attention, have two weeks of muddled press coverage and been done with it. he was and is better than sorry ass Cutler. But I'm not sure he even wants to play anymore so its a moot point

I don't remember which coach it was, possibly Parcells (who I've generally disliked for 3 decades) but it was a successful one, always advocated for his back up QB to have a completely different style than his starter.

Remembering the purpose of a back up QB is finish the game the starter couldn't and possibly start a few more games after that.

It's difficult for a team to adjust defensively going from (for example) Tannehill to Kaepernick. In game and the following week for that matter, there isn't much tape to go off.

Personal issues aside, Kaepernick is/was clearly better than Jay Cutler and could've helped roll over another $5 or $6 million bucks into this season's salary Kap.
exactly why Matt Moore usually comes in relief and looks like Joe Willie, but as a starter EHHH. I think in the modern game the backup should be mobile especially with a suspect line like ours, how many third and shorts did dumb ass cutler miss by making bad reads, throws or not running for the first

Well he's about as accurate as Cutler on his back leg throwing a deep slant. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom