I dont care how old he is... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I dont care how old he is...

:bobdole: Did I say that every QB that plays in college can make the transition to the pros? Did I even allude to it? I simply stated a QB doesn't necessarily have to be "groomed" in the NFL any longer. A good QB can come in and start right away.

Wasn't all that hard to figure out. Also, the spread is here now, in case you haven't noticed. Don't worry, none of the Dolphins staff has noticed either.

If a team takes a quarterback in the 2nd round and he is not groomed. I believe he fails..Andy Dalton is a 2nd rounder he is having success right now and competing..Its not the norm tho.

I wasn't aware he has injury issues with his arm. Interesting. I think someone is going to take a chance on him in round 2 regardless. I doubt he makes it to round 3...

The last time he had any injury issues with the shoulder was over 5 years ago. I believe the injury he had was an AC sprain. They keep saying that shoulder injuries ended his baseball career but that's at best a partial truth. He could have continued playing baseball. He called his agent and started exploring the football option in very large part just because the baseball thing wasn't going so well. But he was healthy enough for baseball that during those first two years in football he considered many times going back to baseball, and he's implied that he had offers.

You never know what the medical stuff is going to say until you check it out. But I will say this. If there's "shredded wheat" going on in that shoulder then I'm not sure how he goes out in an Air Raid/Blur offense that snaps the ball consistently with 15 seconds remaining on the play clock, sending throw after throw 30+ yards through the air on a rope, averaging 41 pass attempts per game the last two years...and never even have a hint of a problem with the shoulder.

And I mean not a hint. I've not heard of him missing practices, having to take it easy, threatening to miss a game, I've never even seen him lose arm steam in the 4th quarter. Yet he's throwing the ball further than most quarterbacks on average, with high velocity because he's got a cannon for an arm, more times per game than most quarterbacks, and stacking those throws into shorter bursts of time because of the hurry up nature of the offense.

So, it's possible that the NFL people see some things on the shoulder scans that they might grumble about...basically they'll see the shoulder of a guy that has been throwing a ball competitively for 10 years. However, I tend to doubt any predictions of seeing "shredded wheat" in there. We'll just have to see.

I never shared whether I would draft him or not in any of my posts.???? But since you LOVE to put words in my mouth and draw assumptions from them, you can point me to a post that you have started about how much you love or hate Brandon Weeden. Please inform me.. After all that is what the draft forum is all about..

I would love to read what you said about him. You can pretty much put me down for a +1...Tell me what to think.

Putting words in your mouth? You just called Brandon Weeden the next John Beck. You said that. I didn't say it for you.

And if you haven't seen me talking on here about Brandon Weeden for a year then I take it you haven't been paying attention, which is fine. Suffice it to say I've been posting, creating threads, and creating YouTube videos on Weeden for a year.

Putting words in your mouth? You just called Brandon Weeden the next John Beck. You said that. I didn't say it for you.

And if you haven't seen me talking on here about Brandon Weeden for a year then I take it you haven't been paying attention, which is fine. Suffice it to say I've been posting, creating threads, and creating YouTube videos on Weeden for a year.

I didnt say Weeden was the next John Beck.. I simply stated Bradon Weeden John Beck part deux....
John Beck was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the 2nd round...The Op is suggesting Miami take Weeden in the 2nd round..
Both are old rookies... Thats why I said John Beck part deux.. Those would be the similarties..

Draft status and team..

You turned that into Weeden was going to fail and become a horrible qb like John Beck has..

If a team takes a quarterback in the 2nd round and he is not groomed. I believe he fails..Andy Dalton is a 2nd rounder he is having success right now and competing..Its not the norm tho.
It is with good QBs. Certainly, there are some that need to be groomed, but thanks to the lessening parity between college-styles and pro-styles, the transition isn't anywhere near what it was even 10 years ago, particularly a 1st round talent, which Weeden is if it wasn't for the concerns of his age and injury. The possibility of him falling out of the 1st has nothing to do with talent concerns.

Of course, I'm mostly referring to QB's from the first round. If you are taking a QB in later rounds and expecting him to become a franchise quarterback (ever, let alone starting right away), then you are the Miami Dolphins of the last decade. Weeden might be the exception, but again, that has nothing to do with talent, unlike other later round QBs.

LMFAO. And with that, I think we're done here.

Laugh all you want..I know what I meant. You obviously dont..

If I thought he was going to fail then I would have said so...

Now that I have read all your posts and watched all your videos tho..I am convinced he is Dan Marino part deux.

So thank you for that.

come on ck...i used the term shredded wheat more as a joke...i thought it was kinda funny

and yeah cks been in weedens camp for over a year...i can confirm that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtYVW3hJP-Q&feature=related

Video on Weeden, his arm "injury", and why he left baseball. First 2 minutes are about those subjects.

To sum up: basically he had a "nagging" arm ache that effected his velocity. He had the option of resting it out or going through surgery. At this point he was on his 4th minor league team in 5 years and seemed to say screw it.

I would be shocked if his arm is injured to the point that Christian Ponder's was....which wasn't much(dislocation) and obviously not a big deal in hindsight. I would refuse to believe his arm is injured to the point of Drew Brees or Carson Palmer.
NFL teams could scan his arm this offseason and see its held together by band-aids, robitussin, and nightly prays, but i seriously doubt thats the case.

If we can't get Luck or Barkley, I'd be very happy with a Blackmon/ Weeden combo.

come on ck...i used the term shredded wheat more as a joke...i thought it was kinda funny

and yeah cks been in weedens camp for over a year...i can confirm that

I didn't mean any offense. I'm just trying to keep the shoulder concerns in perspective because there are some things he does week to week that just don't make sense if he's got a bum shoulder. Guys with bum shoulders don't throw with that kind of velocity, especially in the 4th quarter, and they sure don't do it 40+ times a game, in a hurry up where he has to stack throw after throw in short spurts. Guys with bum shoulders miss practice time, miss games sometimes, etc.

About 5 years ago Drew Brees had a shoulder injury that really WAS shredded wheat, but he goes out there every week driving the football in one of the most pass-heavy and aggressive offenses in football...and you never hear stuff like "Man, I jsut don't know how much longer Brees' shoulder is going to last, he's hanging on by a thread", etc.

If the guy is healthy and you are confident he can be a QB that can lead your team to the promiseland at the next level, his age shouldn't matter.

Just a thought though . . . don't assume you are getting this kid in round 2 . . . if you like him, be prepared to take him in round 1. You can't put a value on good QB play, if the guy can provide that you take him and risking him in the 2nd round is following into previous regimes footsteps.

If the guy is healthy and you are confident he can be a QB that can lead your team to the promiseland at the next level, his age shouldn't matter.

Just a thought though . . . don't assume you are getting this kid in round 2 . . . if you like him, be prepared to take him in round 1. You can't put a value on good QB play, if the guy can provide that you take him and risking him in the 2nd round is following into previous regimes footsteps.

I'm not sure you can take him at the top of round 1 though. We can attempt to trade back and take him, but that's always a dicey proposition since we don't know if anyone is even going to want to trade up since Luck will be off the board and Barkley isn't an option. Our best shot will be our pick in round 2, or a trade up from there, but that's also dependent on finding a trade partner and getting a reasonable price on the trade...

Back
Top Bottom