I got some news....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got some news.......

Ok here we go...OGUN is a great player noone can disagree with that. But he does not deserve the $ that players like Jevon Kearse get. He had 1 good year, 1!! Trust me I think that he could have even better years but witht what hes been doing we should just let him go. Everyone is saying that if we actually make a deal with OGUN that that means that Chris Chambers is gone and that is ridiculious. C.C. is going to be one of the best WR's in the league in the next couple years, guranteed!! I would accept the 1st round draft pick and Rod Gardner in a heart beat. If this happened we would have David Boston, C.C and Rod Gardner all on the Dolphins. I am 17 years old and I would be able to throw to those guys...lol. If signing OGUN means goodbye to C.C. then forget it. Goodbye to OGUN.

I agree.

If we lose Chambers at the cost of signing Ogun, then peace see ya around prince. I don't know about you guys but I think this Ogunleye crap has gotten way outta hand. He was injured his first year, had a good second year and an excellent season last year. Oh yeah, he plays on one of the best defenses in the NFL and the other defensive end is Jason Taylor. He is still under contract mind you and was undrafted. The dolphins, or better said Dave gave him a chance to play here and this is the way he is repaying him by threatening to hold out if he doesn't get what he wants. Is this guy for real! Don't get me wrong, I love Ogun and I think he has the potential to be really good, but I think he's gone a little over board here. He wants big money after two seasons of play. No wait, not just big money he thinks he deserves Jevon Kearse money:roflmao: . C'mon bro after just two seasons? I don't think he's proven he's worth the money. If he would just play this whole year get another 15 sacks or so then he would have teams knocking the door down next year with dollar signs in there eyes.

ryyyan24 said:
Ok here we go...OGUN is a great player noone can disagree with that. But he does not deserve the $ that players like Jevon Kearse get. He had 1 good year, 1!! Trust me I think that he could have even better years but witht what hes been doing we should just let him go. Everyone is saying that if we actually make a deal with OGUN that that means that Chris Chambers is gone and that is ridiculious. C.C. is going to be one of the best WR's in the league in the next couple years, guranteed!! I would accept the 1st round draft pick and Rod Gardner in a heart beat. If this happened we would have David Boston, C.C and Rod Gardner all on the Dolphins. I am 17 years old and I would be able to throw to those guys...lol. If signing OGUN means goodbye to C.C. then forget it. Goodbye to OGUN.

CC is going to be one of the best WRs in the league in the next couple years, guranteed?? I have to disagree on this. He may or may not be. I would have to lean more toward the may not. CC does not have the killer instinct that it takes to be the go to guy at WR. He will never be as good as a Eric Moulds (who I hate, but respect). CC has a lot to learn, such as how to get separation on deep balls, how to catch with his hands instead of his body, how to catch at the highest point instead of running flat out to the ball etc. I think the new recievers coach can help with these things, but he is a long way from being a Marvin Harrison, or Holt, or even a Moulds.
Now before everybody and his brother starts all this homer talk, I am not saying he sucks, just that his attitude needs to be more aggressive and he needs to keep learning the position. If we could get a CC for Ramsey trade, I would do it in a flat second.

There is no way they would get rid of Chambers. That would be as stupid as trading a 2nd round draft pick for a 3rd string QB.

NCFINFAN38 said:
CC is going to be one of the best WRs in the league in the next couple years, guranteed?? I have to disagree on this. He may or may not be. I would have to lean more toward the may not. CC does not have the killer instinct that it takes to be the go to guy at WR. He will never be as good as a Eric Moulds (who I hate, but respect). CC has a lot to learn, such as how to get separation on deep balls, how to catch with his hands instead of his body, how to catch at the highest point instead of running flat out to the ball etc. I think the new recievers coach can help with these things, but he is a long way from being a Marvin Harrison, or Holt, or even a Moulds.
Now before everybody and his brother starts all this homer talk, I am not saying he sucks, just that his attitude needs to be more aggressive and he needs to keep learning the position. If we could get a CC for Ramsey trade, I would do it in a flat second.

How in the world can you say Chris can't be the best WR in the league? How can you say he's not as good as Harrison? When was the last time Chambers had Peyton Manning throwing him the ball? Give me a break, Chambers needs a QB that can get him the ball and now that he has a threat on the otherside we don't need Peyton throwing the ball.Chris flat out has god given skills and can eaisly become the best in the league. The only resons he won't, are as I mentioned before QB, and HC. DW is way to run oriented, but with The KING of INT's (JF) I would run the ball too. Give Chris more respect then that, and keep your fingers crossed we can hang on to him.

Section126 said:
Somebody that works for the Miami Dolphins Front Office........Muck knows who the guy is....

Probably some "dirt worshiper". :)

J/K. ;)

I like O-gun, but Ramsey is a star waiting to happen. Give us Ramsey we have decent backups in Jay Williams and David Bowens. While we are at it trade Feidler for a decent draft pick.

Is the FO totally convinced that O-Gun will bow to pressure and play for the adjusted tender? Are they thinking he'll settle for much less money than what he wants?

I'm tired of this situation. I do like the fact, according to your rumor, that we asked for Ramsey, a second, and Gardner. Earlier in the season, it would have been even easier to make that trade. Now, Ramsey would be scrambling to learn the offense. There is barely time, but it has to be soon.

No way I want to see Chambers let go in order to keep O-Gun.

Why would the fins ask for Ramsey when they just got Feely? Did Spielman make a mistake?

This is an interesting scenario.

I wasn't posting here much at the time, but when the Redskins aquired Brunnell and before we aquired Feeley, I was very much in favor of going after Ramsey. I think he's getting a raw deal in Washington and he showed a lot of promise while playing behind some horrible protection schemes.

The problem I have with this latest talk is the Rod Gardner replacing Chambers junk. I would love to have Gardner on the Phins, but I'm not sure there are many who would consider him as a replacement to Chambers. Bring him on as a #3, possibly a #2 depending on what happens with Boston, ok. But don't consider letting CC go just because of Gardner.

Keep CC, let Ogun go for a first if that's all we can get. With our improved secondary there will be plenty of coverage sacks to go to whoever lines up on the other side of JT.
The see-saw of $$ needs to swing a little more to the O anyway. That ingrate got a free pass his first year and this is how he repays the favor, let him go.

NCFINFAN38 said:

I have to agree. Chambers is a good WR...but I don't see him being one of the best in the league. People here claim OGUN has only done it for one year...well Chambers has yet to show us nothing but flashes.
People say we have Jason Taylor...well we also have Boston...who has put up better than what Chambers has.
Looking at it positional wise, I'd rather have a stud DE than WR any day because the DE has better chances to make game changing plays. This offense is run/defensive oriented. Chambers will be LUCKY to post a 1000 yd season in this offense...whereas we can expect OGUN to have double digit sacks every year.
Drop Chambers....keep OGUN.

The Washington papers are now reporting that the Skins offered their 1st rounder. I'm hoping the Jags do the same, and if they do, I pull the trigger. If Feeley tanks this season, we got a high pick shot at a good QB (depending on if the juniors come out early) or heck, we can get ourselves another passrusher that high. It would be worth it, those two first round picks, along with Carey, will help to keep this team strong in the face of an aging defense.

Justasportsfan said:
Why would the fins ask for Ramsey when they just got Feely? Did Spielman make a mistake?

Not necessarily. Spielman inquired about Ramsey before he aquired Feeley but the Skins weren't interested in dealing him. If they could get their first choice now, I'd have to think they would still try.

Sending Fiedler in this deal leaving Feeley and Ramsey at QB would set things up pretty nicely for the future at the position.

Of the two QBs, I honestly think Feeley might have the better shot at becoming a good pro though.

Back
Top Bottom