I got some news....... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got some news.......

Justasportsfan said:
That would mean he paniced and made a move for Feely too early. IMO Ramsey has way more potential than Feely.

I'm not trying to blast anyone here. I'm just trying to make some sense in this rumor.
What??
Was Ramsey even out there at the time we picked up Feeley? No. I remember Gibbs saying that Ramsey wasn't available.

He paniced? sure and Ron Wolf recently paniced and endorsed Feeley. :rolleyes:

I haven't been fortunate enough to watch as much of Feeley as you and some of the others have, so I can only hope you are right. But I live in Northern Virginia and I have seen quite a bit of Ramsey. IMO he shows A LOT of promise. He is tough as nails and has a real strong arm.

I'm still not sure Washington will give him up so I don't see us getting him, but I wouldn't complain if we did.

Oh trust me I've seen his arm. Lord have mercy I've seen his arm. He's got the kind of cannon that you just don't see that often. Even so, he won't get the opportunity to use that arm if he stands back there in the pocket all day and gets murdered by opposing defensive linemen. He also needs to make better decisions with the football. I haven't seen him display the kind of veteran moves that I've seen Feeley make either.

People always fall in love with a big arm...its why Ramsey crept up the boards on draft day. But so far, I love Ramsey's potential due to the arm, I just have not seen signs that he will live up to that potential. I would like to give Feeley a real shot to see if he might. Feeley also has an arm not to be compared with Jay Fiedler (though not in the category of Ramsey's).

Chambers must stay. There's no doubting that. If Jax offers their first rounder, Ogun must go, IMO.

In trading Ogun and getting Gardner to replace CC next year, is the thinking of having Boston's impending monster deal on the horizon would make it impossible to keep Chambers next year.......

It seems to me that the only way we keep CC is if we Trade Ogun for NO cap space in return.........

The deal as I was told....leaves us in an excellent position on the salary cap, because Gardner, and Ramsey have sweetheart deals and we would be getting rid of MONSTER contracts in Fiedler and Ogun (remember that we would sign him before trading).......

If we made the deal...It would be to get value....but also to set us up in a good position to sign Chambers. Although I figure that the deal also means that CC is a goner because if you do the numbers, if we sign CC to the deal that is rumored, we would become strapped again.

So in essence, the deal looks to me like a good value deal that also has a backup plan for a Chambers departure (Gardner).

Best Case scenario is the deal goes through and we resign CC. That would also mean a salary cap inflexability that we have never seemed to have adopted.

My bet is that the deal was offered with an eye to CC being gone next year if Boston is the goods.

In trading Ogun and getting Gardner to replace CC next year, is the thinking of having Boston's impending monster deal on the horizon would make it impossible to keep Chambers next year.......

Considering the problems we've already had with Boston and the fact that he has not looked nearly as impressive in camps as Chambers, that does not sound like Rick Spielman's way of thinking.

I doubt your source was correct. Sorry. Sources can be wrong.

NCFINFAN38 said:
CC is going to be one of the best WRs in the league in the next couple years, guranteed?? I have to disagree on this. He may or may not be. I would have to lean more toward the may not. CC does not have the killer instinct that it takes to be the go to guy at WR. He will never be as good as a Eric Moulds (who I hate, but respect). CC has a lot to learn, such as how to get separation on deep balls, how to catch with his hands instead of his body, how to catch at the highest point instead of running flat out to the ball etc. I think the new recievers coach can help with these things, but he is a long way from being a Marvin Harrison, or Holt, or even a Moulds.
Now before everybody and his brother starts all this homer talk, I am not saying he sucks, just that his attitude needs to be more aggressive and he needs to keep learning the position. If we could get a CC for Ramsey trade, I would do it in a flat second.

I have to say ever body has an opinion. IMO Chambers will be one of the best. CC has been our go to guy for the last two seasons. He led the team in REC. in 2003. Was 2nd on the team in scoring. He had 11 TDS The most a dolphins REC had since Mark Clayton had 12 in 1991. He ranked 1st in the AFC and 3rd in the NFL last season in TDS. He averages 1 TD in 5.8 receptions which is the highest mark of the TOP 50 RECIEVERS IN THE AFC and behind only Green Bay’s Javon Walker (one touchdown per 4.6 receptions with nine touchdowns from 41 catches) including THE TOP 50 RECIEVERS IN THE NFC. In 2002 he led the team in receptions with 52. He started all 15 games he played in and was inactive for 1. CC can get seperation on the deep balls we just haven't been able to hit much when he does or he has to adjust and go up and catch with his body. This guy can catch with his hands. I even remember a few one handed catches as well. This kid is still young he is only 25. WIll be 26 Aug 12th. He will be on of the greatest.

ckparrothead said:
Considering the problems we've already had with Boston and the fact that he has not looked nearly as impressive in camps as Chambers, that does not sound like Rick Spielman's way of thinking.

I doubt your source was correct. Sorry. Sources can be wrong.

If Boston blows up this year, Spielman would have that flexibility.

The deal allows for a year to think through the next step....It sounds exactly like Spielman's thinking.

In other words.....I see Boston and CC playing for ONE YEAR together.....that's it....if this deal goes through.

If we get rid of Ogun for NO cap space in return...we might have Boston/Chambers for years to come.

EDIT: Of course, all of this is predicated on guys like Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, and Patrick Surtain being untouchable.

Spielman would prefer not to have to use the franchise tag. He also wants Chambers to be a dolphin for life.

Spielman's and Wannstedt's philosophies have always been to take care of their own and sign solid free agents. Trading for David Boston, and trading for Rod Gardner, so that you can jettison Chambers when his contract is up, does not sound like Spielman at all.

I'm not convinced your source was telling the truth....or if they were, I'm not convinced that he heard what he thought he heard.

Don't the Redskins not even have a 2005 second round pick?

ckparrothead said:
Spielman would prefer not to have to use the franchise tag. He also wants Chambers to be a dolphin for life.

Spielman's and Wannstedt's philosophies have always been to take care of their own and sign solid free agents. Trading for David Boston, and trading for Rod Gardner, so that you can jettison Chambers when his contract is up, does not sound like Spielman at all.

I'm not convinced your source was telling the truth....or if they were, I'm not convinced that he heard what he thought he heard.

Don't the Redskins not even have a 2005 second round pick?

Remember that CC is a Free Agent....It is not a given that he won't leave for greener pastures......The trade allows for Spielman to evaluate for a year and jettison Boston perhaps.

You just assumed CC would be gone.....maybe Gardner is for Boston's replacement?

The 2nd round pick is a "future" pick. 2006 probably.

The deal sounds just like what Spielman would do....In fact....I now believe my source even more......It seems to me that this is just the type of deal Spielman would do.....If Boston fails...we have Gardner next season as we dump Boston and give his money to Chambers.

I don't know what the value of Chambers will be in FA. I mean I think he is one of the best recievers in the league, but he hasn't had the numbers of a top WR. I know the QB thing, and the conservative HC thing, but he hasn't had the numbers. I don't think he'll break 1000 yards this year either, as Boston will have his catches, and RW will run with more success this year I believe with a better O-line.

Breaking a 1000 yards is irrelevant, every teams' scouts will know Chambers is special, he will have a high price next year, you can bet on that. If he doesn't get resigned this year before he hits UFA he's as good as gone. Somebody will make him an offer we can't afford to match. If signing Ogun to what they wants means not having enough cap space to make Chambers a competitive offer, I say let Wally go.

NLude33 said:
I don't know what the value of Chambers will be in FA. I mean I think he is one of the best recievers in the league, but he hasn't had the numbers of a top WR. I know the QB thing, and the conservative HC thing, but he hasn't had the numbers. I don't think he'll break 1000 yards this year either, as Boston will have his catches, and RW will run with more success this year I believe with a better O-line.

We can only hope you're right, if the OLine proves to be a good one, then Chambers will have his numbers, especially if the starting QB is passing good. The key here is how the QB is playing, that will dictate Chamber's numbers. If Jay would have hit a couple of those bombs, Chambers would have had this 1000 yard season already. The other thing here is, if Washington gave up Ramsey, which I highly doubt, I'm sure they see him as their future also, Burnell only has a couple of years left in him. Ogun needs to get real, and take a deal that the team can keep him and CC. But business is business and everyone tries to get what they can, even if it's at the expense of someone else, in this case CC. But I hope Ogun would reconsider and take like a 10 mil signing Bonus and move on.

Guys, i'm really sold on Feeley. I want this kid to get a shot. But I'm desperate to get rid of Jay...take the trade, and have 3 young budding QB's :D get rid of the DE cancer, bring in an extra pick, get rid of the old goat, and bring in flexebility at WR :) Sounds pretty much win win to me. Though I am really not cool with the "replacing CC" talk.

I've read all of your posts and I come to one conclusion...There is no way I want to see CC go next year. Hell No!!! I'd rather pay CC than O-Gun. Worst case scenario...we don't sign O-Gun to a new deal before the start of the season...he sits out and than wants to come back for the last 6 games...I believe...by then David Bowens or Jay Williams will have 7 + sacks and the Fins are...10-0...gosh I love how things work out in "my world." The moral of the story is simple....CC is much more important than O-Gun IMO!!!

Go Fins!!!

Back
Top Bottom