I got some news....... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got some news.......

Justasportsfan said:
That would work but why would he give up a sure thing in Ogun for a backup qb?

BTW, Fiedler would be a great backup for the fins.

Ramsey is not a backup QB. Ramsey is a starter, I don't know what Joe Gibbs is pulling over there with letting Brunell start but I like it if we can get Ramsey.

ckparrothead said:
Considering the problems we've already had with Boston and the fact that he has not looked nearly as impressive in camps as Chambers, that does not sound like Rick Spielman's way of thinking.

I doubt your source was correct. Sorry. Sources can be wrong.
What problems have we had so far with Boston?

He missed the mini cause of an injury in his shin that supposedly showed internal bleeding after some tests.

The report that he got into a verbal argument with our strentgh coach was later retracted by the Herald or Sentinel.

He has already lost @10lbs and has been showing flashes of the talent he posseses and the potential he has.

I don't think there are too many recievers in the NFL that would look that much more impressive than Chambers...the guy has skill.

I don't think we'll get what 126 heard we asked for. And I doubt the Phins had any illusions about it. They have no desire to part with Wale at this point in time. Not unless the price was overwhelmingly in their favor (which this proposed deal would have been).

Now if this thing drags on into August, we'll probably see some heavy talks with other teams.

Muck said:
Now if this thing drags on into August, we'll probably see some heavy talks with other teams.

I think you mean if this thing drags on into August, we'll probably see some heavy $hits with other teams.

Just seems like a more realistic approach ;)

I'm really getting sick of Oguns and his sniveling little agents BS.

I really wanna get Ramsey, I say we offer up Ogun, for Ramsey and a 3rd. I think that is a fair deal for both sides. I have a lot more faith in Ramsey coming in here and getting something done, than Feeley.

If we were to try and work out a deal for Ramsey, we'd have to pull the trigger very soon. TC is right around the corner. Ramsey would need some time to come in here and learn this offense.

One thing I don't understand: why are Drew and Wale overwhelmingly being painted as the bad guys here?? We don't even have the "official" terms being thrown around. All that we know for sure is that the Phins are guaranteeing 1-yr, $455,000. As for their offer, how do we know it's not a total slap in the face?? Is it even a FAIR offer?? We don't know.

For months, Wale and Drew have been the target of venom spewed by the fans. And yet it wasn't until only RECENTLY (this month) did the Phins even come to the negotiating table. For months, Wale and Drew take the heat.....while the Phins refuse to even talk.

Who's the bad guy??

In all honesty.....nobody. Both sides are doing their jobs and doing them well. The Dolphins have done everything they can to eliminate the market for Wale, thereby driving the price down. They have their own interests at heart. They're trying to get a budding superstar at a bargain rate. Meanwhile, Drew is trying to get his budding superstar and budding superstar contract. He has Wale's interest at heart (as well as his own). He's done his best to get something done for Wale, be it with Miami or other teams. But for some reason, that's taboo to Dolfans. It's almost as if it's ok for the Phins to try and screw Wale, but not ok for Wale to resist and not give in.

All I'm saying is, spare the acid tongue for Wale and Drew here. Instead, put yourself in Wale's shoes and think about the course of action you would take.

Muck said:
One thing I don't understand: why are Drew and Wale overwhelmingly being painted as the bad guys here?? We don't even have the "official" terms being thrown around. All that we know for sure is that the Phins are guaranteeing 1-yr, $455,000. As for their offer, how do we know it's not a total slap in the face?? Is it even a FAIR offer?? We don't know.

For months, Wale and Drew have been the target of venom spewed by the fans. And yet it wasn't until only RECENTLY (this month) did the Phins even come to the negotiating table. For months, Wale and Drew take the heat.....while the Phins refuse to even talk.

Who's the bad guy??

In all honesty.....nobody. Both sides are doing their jobs and doing them well. The Dolphins have done everything they can to eliminate the market for Wale, thereby driving the price down. They have their own interests at heart. They're trying to get a budding superstar at a bargain rate. Meanwhile, Drew is trying to get his budding superstar and budding superstar contract. He has Wale's interest at heart (as well as his own). He's done his best to get something done for Wale, be it with Miami or other teams. But for some reason, that's taboo to Dolfans. It's almost as if it's ok for the Phins to try and screw Wale, but not ok for Wale to resist and not give in.

All I'm saying is, spare the acid tongue for Wale and Drew here. Instead, put yourself in Wale's shoes and think about the course of action you would take.

Screw Wale?

The Dolphins are approaching negotiations the way they should be.Just look back at the stats posted by the player playing on the other side of Taylor and how they have performed once they left the team.

Trace Armstrong
Kenny Mixon
Lorenzo Brommel

I'm not too sure how much Ogunleye success is at the expense of Taylor being double team.I think Wale is better player than players mention above but I don't think he is a great player not until I see him put stats without Jason Taylor.

Muck said:

Who's the bad guy??

No one is the bad guy. Spielman is doing what is best for the franchise and Drew Rosenhaus is doing what is best for his client.

We are all Miami Dolphin fans meaning the majority of the fan base is siding with Spielman.

On to the subject...

I WANT RAMSEY!!!!!
I personaly believe Ramsey would be excellent in Miami's power running offense. Spurrier set up Ramsey to fail in Washington with his 5 check down offense with an o-line unable to hold up a 4 man rush. In Miami, Ramsey is in a position to show case his arm on play-action fakes that we have continuosly seen being overthrown to Chambers while he was running 5 yards ahead of the opponents CB. Ramsey with Marc Trestman would be something real special. I was on the trade for Ramsey in February and now that it has popped up again, I'm once again getting excited of the potential trade.

staying with Chambers or Ogun is a no-brainer to me. Chambers has made many phenomenal catches in his 3 year career and he is just toooo explosive of a receiver to let go. So much potential there once a legitimate QB is throwing passes to him. That's where the Ramsey trade gives me the jitters.

I'll definetely be eyeing this now that it has surfaced.

You people need to realize the kind of players Joe Gibbs likes. His track record says that he would rather have proven veterans over the younger guys. I mean the first move he made was to get a veteran QB, that tells me that he saw what Ramsey could do and he didn't like it all that much. Ramsey with a good o-line a better scheme than Coach Spurrier's would be a very good NFL qb. I REALLY want to see what Feeley can do when it counts, but if we can get Ramsey I think we have to seriously consider it.

I lived in Maryland for 13 years and I've seen the Redskins overpay for many, many, many free agents and make many dumb deals. Sean Gilbert, Deion Sanders, Jeremiah Trotter, Clinton Portis (too big a contract), Trung Candidate, Bruce Smith are some names that come to mind. I think it's about time we take adavantage of their willingness to spend both money and draft picks.

I doubt this deal ever happens, more realistically we get 2 or 3 draft picks. Something like a 1st & a conditional 5th, or a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th not in the same draft year. I would love to be rid of Ogun and Jay, but I think we're really talking draft picks here not players, but who knows.

Feeley will be better than Ramsey, IMO.

Feeley can, and will, hit those deep passes when they are open, and when they are covered.

Ramsey may have a slightly stronger arm than Feeley but, he is not a "better QB", IMO.

Section126 said:
For those that know me....I get some interesting stuff from time to time......

I was told that the Skins did in fact call for Ogun, but the talk of negotiations progressing are BS. Supposedly they called and we said: "Patrick Ramsey, a future 2nd rd pick, and Rod Gardner for Adewale Ogunleye and Jay Fiedler."

The Skins thought we were doing pretty good drugs here in miami and we said: "Okay, I guess there is no deal to be made."

The Fins are really in limbo right now and are content to work something out with Ogun in the worst case scenario.

The Dolphins thinking is that in the trade scenario mentioned above....Gardner would become Chris Chambers replacement next year.

I am told that if they give Ogun EXACTLY what he wants, that they can kiss Chris Chambers goodbye next year.
How about this scenario, release Jay Fiedler and clear 3 million in cap space this year and over 4 million next year, then you actually give that money to someone who is worthy of that kind of money...............Jay Fiedler having the highest cap number of any of our offensive players is a disgrace, a travesty of a mockery of a sham.

inFINSible said:
Feeley will be better than Ramsey, IMO.

Feeley can, and will, hit those deep passes when they are open, and when they are covered.

Ramsey may have a slightly stronger arm than Feeley but, he is not a "better QB", IMO.

Slightly stronger arm? Significant better arm.

Ramsey will be an all pro QB just matter of getting playing time.

If you trade Wally for Ramsey you give them Feidler and get a 3rd round pick. YOu can't have 4 Qb's going in to the season. You let Feeley start, since Ramsey wouldn't know the offense, and play by ear from there.

Ramsey does have a good arm. Ramsey is tough as nails. I saw him last year about get sacked, he had a guy on his head ducked then the guy had him around his left shoulder he was going down and threw it like 50 yards to Coles for a TD. I don't see how we would get him though.

Back
Top Bottom