I got some news....... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got some news.......

Section126 said:
I didn't say that we were dumping CC......I said that if we gave Ogun what he wants....then forget CC next year.

Either way, the end result is the same. Right?? ;)

NCFINFAN38 said:
CC is going to be one of the best WRs in the league in the next couple years, guranteed?? I have to disagree on this. He may or may not be. I would have to lean more toward the may not. CC does not have the killer instinct that it takes to be the go to guy at WR. He will never be as good as a Eric Moulds (who I hate, but respect). CC has a lot to learn, such as how to get separation on deep balls, how to catch with his hands instead of his body, how to catch at the highest point instead of running flat out to the ball etc. I think the new recievers coach can help with these things, but he is a long way from being a Marvin Harrison, or Holt, or even a Moulds.
Now before everybody and his brother starts all this homer talk, I am not saying he sucks, just that his attitude needs to be more aggressive and he needs to keep learning the position. If we could get a CC for Ramsey trade, I would do it in a flat second.
um 38 you must not be seeing right....he is going to be one of the best in the league...he is right now...he catches the ball with his hands more often then with his body...um acrobatic catches learn that word..with feidler and feeley here that is what he will be catcing...you would trade CC for Ramsey you are one stupid person....:roflmao:

minus said:
I've seen him action.I have some tapes borrow from my friend collection of NFL games.I think your being a little bias since you're Feeley fan.

Ramsey arm strength is up there with Vicks and Favre.
And they are all significantly better than Feidler, not significantly better than Feeley. Stronger yes, fairly large in amount, or likely to have a major effect, no.

I agree. No matter what you've gone through, the NFL remains a business, with clear rules. Prove yourself, get to free agency, get a big payday. He's hurting himself more holding out...

I like him as a player. He's solid, he benefits from JT but JT also benefits from him on the other side. He's good vs. both the pass and the run. And yes, I'd like to have him back next season, and more after it. But if his attitude is a sign of further problems down the road, trade him for whatever we can. Let him get his big contract somewhere else, and godspeed, prince.

inFINSible said:
And they are all significantly better than Feidler, not significantly better than Feeley. Stronger yes, fairly large in amount, or likely to have a major effect, no.

Major Effect:Yes.

When you throw a dart by just flicking your wrist is an advantage.

Feeley has a beautifully quick release and can throw darts all over the field.

minus said:
Major Effect:Yes.

When you throw a dart by just flicking your wrist is an advantage.
So I'm guessing you like Feeley's considirable arm strength advantage as an upgrade over Fiedler's.

LIQUID24 said:
So I'm guessing you like Feeley's considirable arm strength advantage as an upgrade over Fiedler's.

Only reason why I'm hoping A.J can outplay Jay to start.I would like to see stronger arm QB at the Helm if he is better.

I say no to getting rid of cc and yes to making a trade for ramsey ! ogun and ramsey straight up or some how make that work, thats fair! i think behind a good off line , ramsey can help us while feeley is learning.. no way in hell , would i get rid of cc .. that my story and im sticking to it... anyway , i would like to THANK all the people on this board who keeps us informed!!!!!!!! THANKS AND KEEP IT UP..

Merman said:
Did you forget what was said about Zach during his last negotiations??? And he kept Rosenhaus quiet. :chair:

That was different. Zach was already under contract. He was due to make something like $5 million or so. It was the Phins who were coming to him asking him for help. Wale is not under contract. He's pretty much slotted for the minimum. All he's ever made is the minimum. He's fighting for his first "real" contract. Very different situation.

last time i looked ramsey wasnt a starter.... so they need to sweeten the deal...
add samuels and or a 1 or 2 draft pick..

I've seen him make all the throws and I've seen some excellent velocity on his passes as well as some beautiful 40+ yarders with little or no arch at all. That's arm strength, and if Ramsey's is stronger it is NOT significantly stronger.

I've seen Feeley throw too, and I've seen Ramsey throw, and I disagree with you. Just in the Philly-Washington game alone you can see the difference in even only one play. Armstrength is about having a collection of throws at your arsenal. Some throws are supposed to look the same whether Jay Fiedler is throwing it or Brett Favre. Other throws Jay Fiedler would never even THINK of attempting, and an offensive coordinator wouldn't think of it either.

To that effect, I've seen Ramsey make throws that even Feeley could not dream of. I guess it all depends on your definition of the word significant, but to me yes Ramsey has a significantly better arm because it is in the category of an arm that can make plays happen on its own, not an arm that can merely take full advantage of plays that a WR has made. I would say Feeley has the latter category..."a guy that can make all the throws" even though thats not really true it just means the arm is enough that OCs can call for just about any play and you have a chance.

Ramsey though, that guy can barely even throw the ball and it will be a laser on a rope into a tight spot...he had one such throw in the Redskins-Eagles game. That arm was the difference between a TD and a pick or a FG, and I guess I just call that significant.

i would say work more with ramsey and give him an o line to protect him.. i think he can b something, ive seen him throw and wouldnt mind it one bit , if he was a fin! RAMSEY can flat out throw the ball and with some more work, he can b better.. i say trade ogun for ramsey , i know the redskins want a de and we want ramsey .. so washington can give us ramsey and we give them ogun or whatever it takes to get it done and both teams can be happy!!!!! i know gibbs said no on ramsey leaving but u have to give something up to get something, i would love to see that happen.. but as for chambers leaving . HELL NO!!!!!!!!!

Muck said:
That was different. Zach was already under contract. He was due to make something like $5 million or so. It was the Phins who were coming to him asking him for help. Wale is not under contract. He's pretty much slotted for the minimum. All he's ever made is the minimum. He's fighting for his first "real" contract. Very different situation.

The only difference is Rosenhaus was told to keep his mouth shut for Zach's negotiations. Both situations are contract negotiations. Just because one was for an extension and the other is in his first negotiation for a big contract makes no difference.

Both sides are trying to come to an agreement on value which takes time with both sides using the leverage that they have.

There is no reason to feel sorry for either player. They are well represented.

Laying the blame on Zach that he should of rushed his contract negotiations because he already had a big contract and the Dolphins needed cap room for free agency was patently unfair. If the Dolphins needed the room earlier they should have started negotiations earlier.

Ogunleye's claims of holdout may be irritating but may have finally paid off with the latest rumors of the Skins and Jaguars being interested in him.

I personally find the situation very interesting especially with the rumor in this thread. :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom