I got some news....... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got some news.......

minus said:
Slightly stronger arm? Significant better arm.

Ramsey will be an all pro QB just matter of getting playing time.
You're welcome to your opinion but,I do not share it.

inFINSible said:
You're welcome to your opinion but,I do not share it.

Ramsey having a significant better arm is not an opinion is a fact.

If it's a fact, then show me proof.

{Just remeber that you chose the word "significant"(which, BTW, should be "signicant-LY)....Show me proof that Ramsey has a significantly stronger arm than Feeley.}

minus said:
Screw Wale?

The Dolphins are approaching negotiations the way they should be.Just look back at the stats posted by the player playing on the other side of Taylor and how they have performed once they left the team.

Trace Armstrong
Kenny Mixon
Lorenzo Brommel

I'm not too sure how much Ogunleye success is at the expense of Taylor being double team.I think Wale is better player than players mention above but I don't think he is a great player not until I see him put stats without Jason Taylor.

I'm not saying that the Phins are trying to screw Wale. I'm just pointing out that, in the minds of many Dolfans, it seems like it would be ok for the team to lowball Wale, but not ok for Wale to ask for top dollar.

Wale benefits from Jason, no doubt. But Jason wasn't doube-teamed nearly as much last year as people seem to imply. Wale got a lot of sacks on his own. And he plays the run very well. He's a solid player.

Also, Bromell and Mixon did jack opposite Jason. Most of Bromell's sacks came when he lined up inside. Trace had always been a solid pass rush guy. And when he got 16 opposite JT, it was all on third downs (when he was fresh). Great situation. Great tag team. When Trace left and Bromell/Mixon took over, JT got like 9.5 sacks. When Wale took over, JT got 18.5 and 13.

He's not JT. But he's growing into an elite DE.

inFINSible said:
If it's a fact, then show me proof.

{Just remeber that you chose the word "significant"(which, BTW, should be "signicant-LY)....Show me proof that Ramsey has a significantly stronger arm than Feeley.}

Look at game tape of Ramsey for your self.Ramsey has cannon for an arm.His arm strength is as good as it gets(In other words great arm.).While Feeley has a good arm similar to that of Tom Brady.

Muck said:
All I'm saying is, spare the acid tongue for Wale and Drew here. Instead, put yourself in Wale's shoes and think about the course of action you would take.

Did you forget what was said about Zach during his last negotiations??? And he kept Rosenhaus quiet. :chair:

minus said:
Look at game tape of Ramsey for your self.Ramsey has cannon for an arm.His arm strength is as good as it gets(In other words great arm.).While Feeley has a good arm similar to that of Tom Brady.
What are your qualifications to compare Feeley's arm strength to Tom Brady's?

I happen to think Feeley has a stronger arm than Brady.

inFINSible said:
What are your qualifications to compare Feeley's arm strength to Tom Brady's?

I happen to think Feeley has a stronger arm than Brady.

What are my qualifications?Probably same as yours.I grew up watching the sport and played the sport.

Feeley throws the ball with a velocity very similar to Brady ball.

Have you seen Feeley in action, in a game?

I've seen him make all the throws and I've seen some excellent velocity on his passes as well as some beautiful 40+ yarders with little or no arch at all. That's arm strength, and if Ramsey's is stronger it is NOT significantly stronger.

Ramsey does have a good arm. Ramsey is tough as nails. I saw him last year about get sacked, he had a guy on his head ducked then the guy had him around his left shoulder he was going down and threw it like 50 yards to Coles for a TD. I don't see how we would get him though.

I saw that play too. A lot of people saw it, as it was I believe on sunday or monday night football or maybe just a popular day game. It was more like 30 yards, and not for a TD, but it was very very impressive. I've also seen Ramsey play in a number of games and he makes me uncomfortable. The arm and athleticism are there, but he makes bad decisions, and gets himSELF killed in the pocket. It was his M.O. at Tulane too...and he didn't have an aweful line like Losman did.

As for why people are picking on Ogunleye I would take it like this. Ogunleye is a restricted free agent, and most players when they are restricted free agents take the tender and play, even if they've done very well, or if they come to the negotiating table for a contract extension, they do so with expectations of getting a contract lower than they would on the unrestricted free agent market in a year (see Patrick Surtain). The overwhelming sentiment coming from players, when they DO comment on the situation, is Wale, get to camp. Please, we need you. We all played through our RFA tenders, so why are you so special?

As for the $450k thing Wale has nobody to blame but himself for that, because he had $1.8 million sitting on the table, and he let it go.

And as for what the Phins are offering him, I have heard that it is a signing bonus in the 7 to 8 million range with a roster bonus that pays him another 4 million, paid in 2005. Rosenhaus wants a straightup $12-16 million signing bonus, no gimmicky roster bonuses like the ones that are becoming popular nowadays for cap reasons. The Dolphins are really worried about that knee and his longterm viability because of it, and they have a right to be! They got burned for signing Daryl Gardener to a mega contract even after seeing dashboard signals go off about his back. Those back problems lingered, and caused him to miss 6 to 8 games a season until we finally had to try and move him to LDE to prolong his career, and then we had to jettison him because health and attitude made him not worth it anymore.

inFINSible said:
Have you seen Feeley in action, in a game?

I've seen him make all the throws and I've seen some excellent velocity on his passes as well as some beautiful 40+ yarders with little or no arch at all. That's arm strength, and if Ramsey's is stronger it is NOT significantly stronger.

I've seen him action.I have some tapes borrow from my friend collection of NFL games.I think your being a little bias since you're Feeley fan.

Ramsey arm strength is up there with Vicks and Favre.

ckparrothead said:
I saw that play too. A lot of people saw it, as it was I believe on sunday or monday night football or maybe just a popular day game. It was more like 30 yards, and not for a TD, but it was very very impressive. I've also seen Ramsey play in a number of games and he makes me uncomfortable. The arm and athleticism are there, but he makes bad decisions, and gets himSELF killed in the pocket. It was his M.O. at Tulane too...and he didn't have an aweful line like Losman did.

As for why people are picking on Ogunleye I would take it like this. Ogunleye is a restricted free agent, and most players when they are restricted free agents take the tender and play, even if they've done very well, or if they come to the negotiating table for a contract extension, they do so with expectations of getting a contract lower than they would on the unrestricted free agent market in a year (see Patrick Surtain). The overwhelming sentiment coming from players, when they DO comment on the situation, is Wale, get to camp. Please, we need you. We all played through our RFA tenders, so why are you so special?

As for the $450k thing Wale has nobody to blame but himself for that, because he had $1.8 million sitting on the table, and he let it go.

And as for what the Phins are offering him, I have heard that it is a signing bonus in the 7 to 8 million range with a roster bonus that pays him another 4 million, paid in 2005. Rosenhaus wants a straightup $12-16 million signing bonus, no gimmicky roster bonuses like the ones that are becoming popular nowadays for cap reasons. The Dolphins are really worried about that knee and his longterm viability because of it, and they have a right to be! They got burned for signing Daryl Gardener to a mega contract even after seeing dashboard signals go off about his back. Those back problems lingered, and caused him to miss 6 to 8 games a season until we finally had to try and move him to LDE to prolong his career, and then we had to jettison him because health and attitude made him not worth it anymore.

I couldn't agree more with your post on Wale situation.

I have heard that Wale is afraid because the average NFL career is three years and he has already had a knee injury and his mother has taken care of him his whole life and he says now its his time to take care of her. I like the moral of taken care of his mother but I really believe he ought to play for the one year tender and if he has another good season he will get his payday. 1.8 million IMO ought to be able to take care of him and his mom. I have heard that Jason Taylor played for his tender had a good season and he got his payday. So the person who wrote the post about the FO not taking care of their players IMO that is a bunch of junk. I have heard JT is trying to get Wale to do that. Mark Fields was on NFL Total Access the other night and he said the same thing, the only advice he could give him be to go to camp.

2 more cents:

No way Chambers goes anywhere, free agent or not. He'll get the Franchise tag before that happens. That's why it's there. Everyone in the Dolphins FO talks like he's the 2nd coming & someone around the league would overpay insanely for him if available.

Ramsey won't leave Washington. Why trade your young up-and-coming starting QB when your current starter (Brunell) is old and injury-prone?

The Redskins would be stupid to give up draft picks given the state of their franchise, but hey, they've done it before. A 1st rounder and a #2 WR (Gardener) would have to be the minimum that the Fins are asking for for Wale. Even then Washington would have to give out another huge contract against their cap...

Miami is in control of this entire scenario. They don't have to do anything with Wale. He's sitting out, losing $$ & respect. We have enough depth on the DL to do without him for now. The FO will come through with a solid contract offer, less than Rosenhaus is posturing but good enough - & he'll take it or not.

Personally, I think Miami would love the draft picks, but Wanny needs his team at full strength so he can win now & save his job. I don't see any major trades coming unless there's a signifigant injury in camp...He knows Fiedler can get him to the playoffs (in case Feeley busts out), & Wale can provide insurance for JT even if he only comes in at the end of the season...

And IMO, Ramsey is much better than either of our 2 guys. I'd take him in a second. A straight up trade with him for Wale would be of equal value. Solid DEs are easy to find in this day (especially when they'll play opposite JT), but a very good young QB that has already had his growing pains is extremely hard to come by (as we all know... ;) )

Section126 said:
For those that know me....I get some interesting stuff from time to time......

I was told that the Skins did in fact call for Ogun, but the talk of negotiations progressing are BS. Supposedly they called and we said: "Patrick Ramsey, a future 2nd rd pick, and Rod Gardner for Adewale Ogunleye and Jay Fiedler."

The Skins thought we were doing pretty good drugs here in miami and we said: "Okay, I guess there is no deal to be made."

The Fins are really in limbo right now and are content to work something out with Ogun in the worst case scenario.

The Dolphins thinking is that in the trade scenario mentioned above....Gardner would become Chris Chambers replacement next year.

I am told that if they give Ogun EXACTLY what he wants, that they can kiss Chris Chambers goodbye next year.

I would have to think that it is alot to ask. Ramsey and a 2nd would be quite a bit to expect for ogun. While that may be doable if the skins are that desparate for a DE, the deal killer would be swapping Fiedler for Gardner. If they leave Gardner and Fiedler out of it, fine, but it would only kill a potenetial deal perhaps. Anyway, we need closure to this mess asap so we can switch atTention to CC and work an extentsion for him. i can also imagine that if we give Ogun exactly what he wants, as you say, then we could just color CC goodbye since Ogun would eat up any/all remaining cap space, i would imagine.

Back
Top Bottom