I got some news....... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got some news.......

Ive read all the posts, and i want to put my oppions out on all the subjects(that i can remember, alota posts).
QB-IF we were to get Ramsey tht would put us in a world of contreversy. Atleast wit the Fiedler Feeley competiton its proably 90 out of 100 want to see Feeley start. Also with all the work Feeley has put in, and hasnt done bad for being introduced to a completley new situation, he deserves a chance to start. If there getting Ramsey as insurance im all for it, if its to start i dont like it.Not to mention, i doubt Skins FO is gonna give up there future QB.
WR-I cant believe losing CC is even a convo. Has this guy shown anything but the abiliy to do better?With Jerry Sullivan i believe CC will be able to prefect the little flaws in his game(not many).Rod Garder is a great #3, a solid(not great) #2, and a poor(not awful) #1. losing CC is losing this offence. Imagine how much pressure would b on Ricky without CC there.
DE-I was in love wit Wale last year, but im startin to despise him. I would respect him if hed take the tender and then left us next year.There is no way he is as valuable as CC. JT can make anyone next to him look atleast decent. And one ALL PRO DE and one decent one is fine. But WR would be a huge ? with Rod Garder(who knos how hell do) and Boston(who knos ho hell do). CWit DBo, Gardner, and CC, CC is the only sure thing.

:whew: im done, had alot to say, all tht is IMO take it or leave it.

I can't say I disagree with the sentiment that we need to keep Chambers, but I find it mildly amusing that no one is really commenting on the Fiedler to Washington part of this rumored trade. I expected the Fiedler haters to cheer and the Fiedler defenders to fall over in shock.

Weren't we in the middle of a QB competition where Fiedler was winning?

I dont mind Fiedler on the team, and actually like him as our backup. I only hate him as the starter. We are in a QB competiton techinaclly, but no matter how Fiedler does im pretty sure Feeley will get the nod day 1. If u look back to when Fidleer came here, he was just plain abysmal in the offseason, only playing one preseason game due to injury, and in tht one game throwing 3 INTs. Despite huard looking better, the FO was alrdy for Fiedler. But if Ramsey comes in it will be split 50-50 between media,fans, and possibly even FO who should start. Plus Feeley was brought in to start, not sit on the bench.

Justasportsfan said:
That would mean he paniced and made a move for Feely too early. IMO Ramsey has way more potential than Feely.

I'm not trying to blast anyone here. I'm just trying to make some sense in this rumor.
I believe Rick went after Ramsey first.

As someone already pointed out, I hate to lose our one YOUNG defensive star. What probably happens is that OGun gets signed this year, and next year we part ways with the likes of Sam Madison and Tim Bowens....that will clear up tons of space for CC, especially since usually this first year or two of a contract are pretty cap friendly. So we can keep both.

Dolfan954 said:
I believe Rick went after Ramsey first.
Bruenell first, Ramsey second, and AJ third.

Would be pretty nice to have his #1 and #2 choices with us, but I think that would cause more problems. You can't have 2 starting caliber (if that is what AJ is) on one team very long. So now all the talk about resigning CC is magnified, because the QB's are going to need new contracts (even if you get rid of one, the other will want more cause obviously he won the job).

NLude33 said:
As someone already pointed out, I hate to lose our one YOUNG defensive star. What probably happens is that OGun gets signed this year, and next year we part ways with the likes of Sam Madison and Tim Bowens....that will clear up tons of space for CC, especially since usually this first year or two of a contract are pretty cap friendly. So we can keep both.

Ding Ding Ding, We have a winner.

NLude33 said:

Would be pretty nice to have his #1 and #2 choices with us, but I think that would cause more problems. You can't have 2 starting caliber (if that is what AJ is) on one team very long. So now all the talk about resigning CC is magnified, because the QB's are going to need new contracts (even if you get rid of one, the other will want more cause obviously he won the job).

That's too Risky on the fins part for this upcoming season. Both Ramsey and Feely will go through growing pains but could eventually be a good qb unit.

The Skins could have Bruenell and fiedler to go with a proven solid DE in Ogun.

Very interesting scenario.

BTW, how long before PFT get's a hold of this story and posts it on their website? :lol:

Wale should get his Royal Rump in camp and continue working on his deal. How on earth does missing camp help him in contract negotiations. I know, it's called a hold out, but big whoop! If come the season he has nothing, then hold out. I understand leverage, but this is ridiculous. This helps him with nothing. Get your Royal Butt in camp Wale! End all this ridiculous speculation!

Justasportsfan said:
That's too Risky on the fins part for this upcoming season. Both Ramsey and Feely will go through growing pains but could eventually be a good qb unit.

The Skins could have Bruenell and fiedler to go with a proven solid DE in Ogun.

Very interesting scenario.

BTW, how long before PFT get's a hold of this story and posts it on their website? :lol:
True, it's very interesting! But, I would imagine that they would have to have the same opinion on JF as we do, and that is....He has peaked, he is getting older, and he has no growth left. We've seen all he's got. Ramsey has still got a lot of upside to his carear, and Brunell is old and possibly fragile. So I don't think the Redskins would trade him, as they said earlier in the year.

NLude33 said:

Cutting Bowens or Madison next year won't clear any cap space. Actually with the accelerated bonus money they would cost more against the cap. About 4 million for Madison and around .5 million for Bowens.

NLude33 said:

Agreed...specially after seeing how Rick cut all the vets and dead weight this team had been carrying around the past couple of years. Oline, McKnight, Marion etc...I think Rick is all about getting young peolpe in here and keeping the young guys that we already have here even though they may not be able to immediately put up the numbers some of the older guys have.

Getting Ramsey would put us in GREAT position to go one of several directions. We could start either Feely or Ramsey and have a top-notch backup either way, or we could dangle Ramsey as trade bait for a high draft pick (a 1 or 2?). Also, we'd get rid of spoiled, whiny O-gun and free up enough potential cap space to lock CC up for years. If we also get Gardener in the deal, we have the best 1-2-3 WR punch in the NFL, hands-down (as long as Boston gets his head screwed on straight....we could be in for trouble if not).

Back
Top Bottom