I got some news....... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got some news.......

calmlikeabomb said:
Not necessarily. Spielman inquired about Ramsey before he aquired Feeley but the Skins weren't interested in dealing him. If they could get their first choice now, I'd have to think they would still try.

Sending Fiedler in this deal leaving Feeley and Ramsey at QB would set things up pretty nicely for the future at the position.
That would still mean that Spielman isn't sure that Feely is the man to take the fins all the way or else he wouldn't ask for Ramsey. :confused:

Justasportsfan said:
That would still mean that Spielman isn't sure that Feely is the man to take the fins all the way or else he wouldn't ask for Ramsey. :confused:

Or perhaps he feels that Ramsy is a better quarterback then Fiedler.

Ramsey was probably Rick first choice over Feeley but Redskins just didn't want to deal Ramsey.

IMO

Ramsey will be an all-pro.I would take Ramsey over Feeley any day of the week.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
That would work but why would he give up a sure thing in Ogun for a backup qb?

BTW, Fiedler would be a great backup for the fins.

ckparrothead said:
Of the two QBs, I honestly think Feeley might have the better shot at becoming a good pro though.

I haven't been fortunate enough to watch as much of Feeley as you and some of the others have, so I can only hope you are right. But I live in Northern Virginia and I have seen quite a bit of Ramsey. IMO he shows A LOT of promise. He is tough as nails and has a real strong arm.

I'm still not sure Washington will give him up so I don't see us getting him, but I wouldn't complain if we did. ;)

Justasportsfan said:
That would work but why would he give up a sure thing in Ogun for a backup qb?

BTW, Fiedler would be a great backup for the fins.
Ramsey would sell more tickets.

Justasportsfan said:

And? so what.... :rolleyes:
When is anyone 100% sure of anything? If he could get Clinton Portis in that deal do you think he'd turn it down??

Superself said:
And? so what.... :rolleyes:
When is anyone 100% sure of anything? If he could get Clinton Portis in that deal do you think he'd turn it down??
That would mean he paniced and made a move for Feely too early. IMO Ramsey has way more potential than Feely.

I'm not trying to blast anyone here. I'm just trying to make some sense in this rumor.

Sounds like a bad deal to me. If the Redskins think Ogun is so wonderful then why not trade straight up for Ramsey?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:

I'm still not sure if Feeley is better than Fiedler but it's early.I still got training camp to evaluate Feeley plus preaseason.

Ramsey > Fiedler
Ramsey >> Feeley

Seems like the decisions are unanimous...OGun must go, Chambers must stay.

Let's do an honest evaluation of player circumstance as well:

OGun: Has a year of injury, an average year, and a great year. This shows good progression. However, he also plays opposite of the best DE in the NFL (IMO), Jason Taylor, who led the AFC in sacks on the year OGun played simply "average". Following JT's break out year, OGun is successful as teams are forced to focus on JT. How would OGun do without JT on the same line? I have to guess he would be good, but I doubt his ability to become a Kearse or JT. He is a good foundation for the future, but there are others on the team who can perform almost as good as OGun as long as JT is on the other side.

Chambers: Had a breakout season his rookie year, a slight sophomore slump (and a concussion), followed by an outstanding season last year. His production has been far more consistent then OGun, and he has done it with an inconsistent QB and NO additional WR threat, meaning he has had the talent to get things done on his own. Chambers is still young and continues to improve, making him a solid foundation for the future. With Boston in the backfield as well, Chambers may be the best WR this coming season. Boston is unreliable though, and cannot be considered a long-term solution on which to base a trade (he could decide not to care at any time). Until Boston proves himself to be a true workman, Chambers IS the receiving core of the Dolphins.

Defense is obviously better prepared to lose a very good player than the offense is to lose a great player. If OGun leaves, JT is still there and can be counted on. If Chambers goes, then Boston is our only real WR threat...and if he loses it, then our best WR is Derrius Thompson...this is a no brainer. I would take Ramsey and a 2nd for OGun, and if they want to throw in Gardner for Fiedler, even better. Let's get it done.

Superself said:
I have to agree. Chambers is a good WR...but I don't see him being one of the best in the league. People here claim OGUN has only done it for one year...well Chambers has yet to show us nothing but flashes.
People say we have Jason Taylor...well we also have Boston...who has put up better than what Chambers has.
Looking at it positional wise, I'd rather have a stud DE than WR any day because the DE has better chances to make game changing plays. This offense is run/defensive oriented. Chambers will be LUCKY to post a 1000 yd season in this offense...whereas we can expect OGUN to have double digit sacks every year.
Drop Chambers....keep OGUN.
I don't know if a DE has a better chance to make game changing plays, probably about equal. If a reciever gets a short, safe pass, and he breaks a tackle or two, turns it up the field and gains an extra 20 yards, that is game changing! We havn't had that in a reciever in a long time, let alone 3 recievers that could do that. If we can get Gardner, that is 3 gamebreaker type WR on a roster. Problem being we couldn't get them all the ball enough, but still....WOW!

Back
Top Bottom