I got to rant, what a farse.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got to rant, what a farse....

LithoMan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Aboard the Banned Wagon - heading for Banned Camp
I just got done looking at the ESPN 150. What a joke. That whole conglomerate is a freakin joke....

Every reputable college recruiting site, such as The Sporting News, Scouts.com, and others, dont even come close to that joke of a publication of ESPN.

They show their bias in a huge way towards the PAC 10, ACC, Big 12, and SEC.

The only Conference in all of NCAA that even comes close to the Big 10, is the SEC, some would say they are better, and I wouldnt disagree, to a point. They have better teams throughout the conference, but not by much.

Who does USC play, to deserve the hype they get? At least we can say, since Miami joined the ACC now, they actually play some good competition at least twice a year now, to deserve the NC title.

But, my problem isn't so much with the conference, as it is with the stupid idiots at ESPN. Ohio State is pulling one of the best recruiting classes EVER for 2006, and what does ESPN do? They rank every one of the 6, of the top 10 guys OSU has gotten a verbal commit from, as not even in the top 50 of their stupid 150. I guess Chris Wells just barely made it.

But, according to TSN, Scouts.com, and others, all those players are in the top 10. 3 top 5's, 6 top 10's, we have gotten commits from. The best RB, the best OL, a top 3 CB. All 5 stars.

I just think it is pretty funny, how one publication, that a bunch of nobody's rely on, try to slant the forecast. Now, we know how Ohio State is ranked behind team's like Miami, Michigan, Oklahoma, Tennessee, LSU. When they went and demolished Oklahoma State last year in their bowl game, and are returning 19 starters. Fine, we aren't pretty in the way we win, like USC beating up on teh chumps in their division, or Miami when they were in the Big East. But, you want pretty? Fine, Tressell is stacking the team with boys that he is taking away from USC, Miami, Georgia, and the others. You want pretty, you will soon have pretty.

Disagree? Just watch Ted baby! You can hate on Ohio State, you can deny Ohio State. But, they will give you a nice little sucker punch! You better rank them at the bottom of the top 10, because they will be in front of the top 10, before you know it. The only way you got to keep them down, is by hoping one of the other 8 in front of them, dont loose either, thats not counting USC and their chump schedule. They will go undefeated, who couldnt with that chump schedule.

Deny em. Go ahead and deny them. We know what happened last time the media "gurus" denied them. The biotch slapped the hell out of Miami. PI my nut! Just ask Andre Johnson when he committed O PI, and didnt get the call. He got his TD too. What comes around goes around.

I love college football, and I love suckers that deny the better team. Its gonna be fun this year. Watch all those weak teams built on hype, collapse like a house of cards. Its gonna be a blast!

Who does USC play, to deserve the hype they get? At least we can say, since Miami joined the ACC now, they actually play some good competition at least twice a year now, to deserve the NC title.

If you weren't so east coast bias you'd know how good California & Arizona State are & how good those two along with Oregon & UCLA will be this year.

At least we can say, since Miami joined the ACC now, they actually play some good competition at least twice a year now, to deserve the NC title.

When has Miami not played top non-conference school? Florida State &/or Florida &/or Tennessee along with VT plus whichever other Big East teams are good that year (Pitt, BC, WVU) in addition to whatever bowl team they beat. Miami's SOS has NEVER been called into question.

They rank every one of the 6, of the top 10 guys OSU has gotten a verbal commit from, as not even in the top 50 of their stupid 150.

Well Rivals.com, the leader in this department, only has two of OSU's verbals in the top 50 & no more in the top 100 so the recruiting class can't be that good unless you're counting "soft verbals".

But, according to TSN, Scouts.com, and others, all those players are in the top 10. 3 top 5's, 6 top 10's, we have gotten commits from. The best RB, the best OL, a top 3 CB. All 5 stars.

I guess it depends on where you get your info from. According to scouts.com only three of OSU's recruits so far are in the top 5 of their respective positions (1-Wells, RB/4-Ballard, TE/5-Smith, OL) & according to rivals.com only Wells is in the top 5 at his position.

Fine, Tressell is stacking the team with boys that he is taking away from USC, Miami, Georgia, and the others.

LMFAO, taking recruits away? 90% of Tressel's recruits are in-state. He's only gotten two notable recruits from Florida or California in the past 4 years. Not exactly taking that much away from USC who's had the #1 recruiting class each of the past 2 years & #3 the year before that. Miami was 7-4-5 respectively. OSU was 12-9-NR respectively. OSU's problem is that they stay primarily in-state & not go out to the pipelines of Florida, Texas, or California.

thats not counting USC and their chump schedule. They will go undefeated, who couldnt with that chump schedule.

Big deal, OSU beat the other OSU 33-7, USC beat Chokelahoma 55-19, that has to prove something to you.

Now, we know how Ohio State is ranked behind team's like Miami, Michigan, Oklahoma, Tennessee, LSU.

The only team that OSU should be ranked ahead of is Oklahoma. They've just lost way too much.

SMadison29 said:
If you weren't so east coast bias you'd know how good California & Arizona State are & how good those two along with Oregon & UCLA will be this year.

What? Cal and AZ State? You kidding right? Rodgers and Walters gone. That alone dont rank them for jack. Whate else needs to be said? Nothing, thats what. Oregon, they have a QB I like alot, and an outstanding huge OL. What else they got? I like a couple or Oregons players, but the team itself, aint that good. UCLA? You have got to be kidding me. You looking at those highlight games for the PAC 10, and buying the hype. UCLA will be bottom feeding again! Only surpased by AZ U. You can try and spin it for the Trojans, but the junk you spewing might work for fairwethers, just like TSN did for the Trojans, but it aint working here. They have to highlight something, to make it LOOK like USC plays somebody. But, we know the truth, all teams in the PAC 10 are chumps, when it comes to USC.

SMadison29 said:
When has Miami not played top non-conference school? Florida State &/or Florida &/or Tennessee along with VT plus whichever other Big East teams are good that year (Pitt, BC, WVU) in addition to whatever bowl team they beat. Miami's SOS has NEVER been called into question.

Um, I can remeber plenty of times, when they played one of those teams a year. FSU, VT or Tenn. You trying to make it look like Florida has had something in the last 5 years. And, when they do play one of those teams, that is it. Until last season, but, I like I have been saying, I give them all the credit in the world now, since the joined a real conference, and VT joined them. But, dont try to lump their competition in the last 5 years, like they played them all in the same year.

SMadison29 said:
Well Rivals.com, the leader in this department, only has two of OSU's verbals in the top 50 & no more in the top 100 so the recruiting class can't be that good unless you're counting "soft verbals".

You can point to Rivals, I point to Scouts. com. Not Scouts, Inc. Gary Horton can suck my left n*t.

SMadison29 said:
I guess it depends on where you get your info from. According to scouts.com only three of OSU's recruits so far are in the top 5 of their respective positions (1-Wells, RB/4-Ballard, TE/5-Smith, OL) & according to rivals.com only Wells is in the top 5 at his position.

You aint getting those number's off Scouts.com then. You trying to pass Scouts, Inc. off like it is Scouts.com. Try again. Quit with the lame meshing of the two sites.

SMadison29 said:
LMFAO, taking recruits away? 90% of Tressel's recruits are in-state. He's only gotten two notable recruits from Florida or California in the past 4 years. Not exactly taking that much away from USC who's had the #1 recruiting class each of the past 2 years & #3 the year before that. Miami was 7-4-5 respectively. OSU was 12-9-NR respectively. OSU's problem is that they stay primarily in-state & not go out to the pipelines of Florida, Texas, or California.

Um, so are Michigans, PSU, Tenn., Kentucky, ND, Purdue, Minnesota, and on and on. All big time programs come to Ohio. We get the best of the best, in our own state, and let you all have the rest. Got us a 3 star QB out of Georgia already commited, that Maryland was chasing. Got another one right out of Florida, that its down between us and GT. He dissing all your teams in the ACC and Big East, except for GT of course. And, Im gonna laugh if we grab Roscoes lil borther. The great Miami U WR, and his lil brother goes to the rival that beat em in the Fiesta Bowl. Hey, we got Ausberry out of Cal, interested. Things are definately looking up. There are plenty of others. But, when you have a stacked roster already, guys that should start, dont want to sit a year or two, to get their shot. But, that is the great thing, you have that luxury, when you have talent from top to bottom of the roster.

SMadison29 said:
Big deal, OSU beat the other OSU 33-7, USC beat Chokelahoma 55-19, that has to prove something to you.

Ya, Jason White wasn't good in the big game, and Adrian Peterson is really slow. He dont even have good game speed. Thats shows me OU gets alot of preference, beating up on the cupcakes, in their own conference. USC is really good. You mis-interprut my view. I never said USC aint good, but how hard is it to keep the starters in tip top shape, when they get to sit at the half, because they are blowing teams out. The dont suffer near as many injuries, they dont get physically wore down. It must be nice to tip toe to the Championship.

SMadison29 said:
The only team that OSU should be ranked ahead of is Oklahoma. They've just lost way too much.

So, you want to deny Ohio State, but Michigan got handed a lose by Texas. VT got beat by Auburn, LSU got beat by Iowa. So, wheres the logic? The other ones, where ranked ahead of us, when they won their respective bowl games, but not them three. There is your bias. Michigan, the hype machine they use to deny Ohio State, an ACC team, and an SEC team. The two conference's they try to bolster to deny the Big 10 in general.

Michigan lost way to much, to even compete this year. LSU wont be the same, they lost WAY to much to be competitive. And VT, they will have their hands full with WVU, and Maryland, but there is always the ineveitable lose to Miami. So, its all good.

Now, look at the AP Pre-season poll, they gave Ohio State some credit. Nough said. Even though they shanked them to LSU and Michigan, once again. They both lost their bowl games. And, they lost alot of talent on their rosters too. Easy move up's right there, so no big deal. But, it just goes to show the bias. I like being the underdog. Like I said, come out of nowhere and Biotch slap the taste of of the voters mouth's. They get made to look like chumps every year in the bowls. Thats why there will never be a playoff system. Big 10 would win it just about every year. Make all the chumps, look like chumps when the time came to get down to business.

Deny my boys. Deny em. I like it. Matter of fact, I love it! Blend your facts and fictions of Rivals (Scouts, INC) with Scouts.com. Deny em. Deny em.

What? Cal and AZ State? You kidding right? Rodgers and Walters gone. That alone dont rank them for jack. Whate else needs to be said? Nothing, thats what.

This proves that you're east coast bias. Cal's new QB is Joseph Ayoob, the #1 juco QB recruit in the nation, the same as Rodgers was. Plus they have an explosive dynamic RB that lead the nation last year with 8.8ypc, his name is Marshawn Lynch (#2 RB recruit last year, directly behind Peterson). They have a top 5 WR recruit (Desean Jackson) plus the #1 juco WR recruit (Lavalle Hawkins). Arizona State has one of the top QBs in the nation in Sam Keller.

Oregon, they have a QB I like alot, and an outstanding huge OL. What else they got? I like a couple or Oregons players, but the team itself, aint that good.

The nation's top RB recruit Jonathan Stewart to team with 1100 yard back Terrance Whitehead. WR Demetrius Williams is a day one prospect for next year's draft & TE Tim Day is one of the top 5 in the nation.

UCLA? You have got to be kidding me. You looking at those highlight games for the PAC 10, and buying the hype. UCLA will be bottom feeding again!

Decent QB (Olsen), great college RB (Drew), decent go to receiver (Taylor), & the nations top TE (Lewis), very good LT & C (Blanton & McCloskey respectively). On defense you have star LBs Havner & London & SS Page.

Um, I can remember plenty of times, when they played one of those teams a year. FSU, VT or Tenn. You trying to make it look like Florida has had something in the last 5 years. And, when they do play one of those teams, that is it. Until last season, but, I like I have been saying, I give them all the credit in the world now, since the joined a real conference, and VT joined them. But, dont try to lump their competition in the last 5 years, like they played them all in the same year.

Hmm, that's interesting. We must be looking at two different Miami Hurricane schedules of past years. Here are the teams that Miami has played in the last 5 years that finished in the top 25:
04-Florida St, Louisville, VT, Virginia, Florida
03-Florida, West Virginia, Florida St, Tennessee, VT, Florida St
02-Florida, Florida St, West Virginia, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, VT, Ohio St
01-Florida St, Syracuse, Washington, VT, Nebraska
00-Washington, Florida St, VT, Florida

You can point to Rivals, I point to Scouts. com. Not Scouts, Inc. Gary Horton can suck my left n*t.

You aint getting those number's off Scouts.com then. You trying to pass Scouts, Inc. off like it is Scouts.com. Try again. Quit with the lame meshing of the two sites.

This scout.com-> http://recruiting.scout.com/
Yeah, I was right, only 3 in the top 5 at their respective positions.

Got another one right out of Florida, that its down between us and GT. He dissing all your teams in the ACC and Big East, except for GT of course.

Players from Florida that have interest in Ohio St: http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=9&c=4&yr=2006

You can have QBs, we've got Wright (the #1 QB recruit of 03) & Freeman (a top 5 recruit of 04) who are a sophomore & a freshman, respectively. Plus we have a verbal from #8 QB recruit Pat Devlin.

And, Im gonna laugh if we grab Roscoes lil borther. The great Miami U WR, and his lil brother goes to the rival that beat em in the Fiesta Bowl.

Devin Parrish is Roscoe's cousin, not his brother. We already got Edgerrin's cousin, Javarris, who's a highly ranked RB.

So, you want to deny Ohio State, but Michigan got handed a lose by Texas. VT got beat by Auburn, LSU got beat by Iowa. So, wheres the logic?

That was last year. What of any importance did those teams lose?
Michigan - Braylon Edwards, Marlin Jackson, David Baas & Ernest Shazor
Of these teams Michigan by far got hit the hardest. Their offense won't struggle because of the experience their all-world freshman got last year. The secondary will be questionable.

VT - Bryan Randall & Eric Green
They lost Randall which IMO is no big deal, he's held Marcus Vick up one year too many (03, not 04 when he was suspended). Their offense remains intact. Eric Green's departure allows Jimmy Williams, the #1 senior CB, to move from SS back to CB this year. They'll be as strong as ever.

LSU - Corey Webster, Travis Daniels, Marcus Spears
These losses won't hurt as much as the loss of Saban. After the scandal in Colorado LSU landed their star CB Sammy Joseph, who after sitting out last year is eligible to play. And LSU's dline is stacked every year with top recruits.

Ohio State's defense & return game make them a very appealing team but their back field is iffy & that's what kills them in many people's eyes, the same reason that Miami isn't ranked higher.

But, we do have some nice talent at RB once again. Maurice, probably not. But much better then scrub Lydell and Mo Hall, who never really got a chance.

Sure, to the lazy predictor, it would look like OSU aint got a backfield. But, we do have us a nice freshman, right out of Florida, and word is, he is good. Maurice Wells, is his name, out of Jacksonville. 5-9, 185, 4.4. I think I can handle that. But, then people actually have to look what we got, to give us a fair shake. Which, is never going to happen.

According to Scouts.com, We have commits from Connor Smith, 5 star, #5 Nat'ly, OL. Jake Ballard, 4 star, #4 Nat'ly, TE. Chris Wells, 5 star, #1 Natl'y, RB. Josh Chichester, 4 star, #8 Nat'ly, WR, but more importantly, another cog in the wheel of domination in 06, for our Basketball program. Kurt Coleman, #7 Natl'y, 4 star, CB. Ross Homan, 4 star LB, #8 Natl'y. Antonio Henton, 3 star, QB, NR, right out of Georgia. 4.65 40. Man, your breaking my arm, I'll take that speed, at QB. Shucks.

So, it is an awesome class, so far, and thats withou the likes of David Ausberry, Konrad Rueland, Thaddeus Gibson, Ray Small, and so on. It's all good. Their class was pretty stellar last year too. But, nobody say's a thing about that. Texas this, Texas that. I beg to differ. But, everybody thinks Mack Brown is so great, but cant win the big game, and that shall be witnessed again September 10th of this year, again.

But, we'll probably get hosed on that rankings that Monday too. Texas will stay in fron of us. Which is a load of crap, but we are used to it. Oklahoma will take care of them, and they wont be able to deny us from getting in front of them then. Its all good, like I said, I relish the role of underdog. We get to sucker punch the voters in the mouth every year.

You think Oklahoma will beat Texas again this year? I don't think it'll happen. OU still hasn't settled on a QB, which is now down to 2 QBs since five * redshirt FR. Tommy Grady transferred the other day. They lost 3 great college starters on the oline, 3 more starters in the secondary, 3 starters at WR, 2 on the dline, & their leader on defense ILB Lance Mitchell. That's a lot.

Screw all you OU haters. :D

LithoMan is it just my eyes or did u say that Adrian Peterson is SLOW!!!!!!!!!!???????????

SMadison29 said:
You think Oklahoma will beat Texas again this year? I don't think it'll happen. OU still hasn't settled on a QB, which is now down to 2 QBs since five * redshirt FR. Tommy Grady transferred the other day. They lost 3 great college starters on the oline, 3 more starters in the secondary, 3 starters at WR, 2 on the dline, & their leader on defense ILB Lance Mitchell. That's a lot.

Good thing we got some great recruits comin in this year then huh?

FinFan90 said:
Screw all you OU haters. :D

LithoMan is it just my eyes or did u say that Adrian Peterson is SLOW!!!!!!!!!!???????????

He is slow. I watched him three times, throughout the year last year. Each time, he is slow. He dont even have good game speed. He benefited from a great OL. He does have atheltic ability, but he dont even have good game speed.

He is slow. I watched him three times, throughout the year last year. Each time, he is slow. He dont even have good game speed. He benefited from a great OL. He does have atheltic ability, but he dont even have good game speed.

:eek:

I don't know which games you were watching, but you must've been drunk at the time. Adrian Peterson being slow is the most absurd thing I think I've ever heard. Please address a time that he was caught from behind. I am far from an OU fan, but living in OKC, I see most of their games. He's the best combination of speed, size, and power since Willis McGahee. The dude is an absolute beast. His only negative is that sometimes he tries to initiate contact a little too much, which has led to a few shoulder problems. Being too slow is definitely NOT a problem.

papafin said:
:eek:

I don't know which games you were watching, but you must've been drunk at the time. Adrian Peterson being slow is the most absurd thing I think I've ever heard. Please address a time that he was caught from behind. I am far from an OU fan, but living in OKC, I see most of their games. He's the best combination of speed, size, and power since Willis McGahee. The dude is an absolute beast. His only negative is that sometimes he tries to initiate contact a little too much, which has led to a few shoulder problems. Being too slow is definitely NOT a problem.

Here you are once again blabbing about something, that YOUR homerism has lead you too ince again. Easy, Texas vs. Oklahoma. When he broke through the right side, and tried to turn it out to the sideline and break it up the sideline. When he made his turn updifeld, he was pulled down from behind. I rememberit clear as day. Thats, when I started to think, WTF is all the hype about, the dude is slow.

Wow, a whole 200 against Baylor? Your kidding me.....

LithoMan said:
Here you are once again blabbing about something, that YOUR homerism has lead you too ince again. Easy, Texas vs. Oklahoma. When he broke through the right side, and tried to turn it out to the sideline and break it up the sideline. When he made his turn updifeld, he was pulled down from behind. I rememberit clear as day. Thats, when I started to think, WTF is all the hype about, the dude is slow.

Yea you were drunk at the time. Even if i was a Texas fan I wouldnt be stupid enough to say he is SLOW! :eek: Jeese man so what IF HE is slow when he has all that power, but it looked to me he had alot of speed when he dusted players in Oklahoma State and Texas.

Here you are once again blabbing about something, that YOUR homerism has lead you too ince again.

:rofl3:
That's beautiful. MY HOMERISM? I've stated that I'm NOT an OU or Peterson fan. Please explain to me how on earth my homerism would slant my judgement on Peterson either way. I'll be waiting for that one...

Easy, Texas vs. Oklahoma. When he broke through the right side, and tried to turn it out to the sideline and break it up the sideline. When he made his turn updifeld, he was pulled down from behind.

Wow, that was specific. Which quarter did this happen in? Where on the field? Your description of the play leads be to believe that he was pulled down from behind as he made his move upfield. Perhaps my wording could have been a little better, and for that, I apologize. However, this sort of tackle lends absolutely zero credibility to your claim that Peterson is slow. If he were ran down, that would, but I'm just taking a wild guess that you won't find an instance of that happening. Slower defenders with an angle or in position make tackles on burners all the time. Doesn't detract from their speed.

Here are a few Peterson stats from the Texas game that might interest you:

He had runs of 44, 26, 19, 17, and 15 yards in the game. He also had 4 other runs of 10 yards or more in the same game. That's NINE runs of 10 yards or more in one game versus what is generally perceived as one of the faster defenses in college football. Does that sound slow to you?

I rememberit clear as day.

Must have been a foggy day.

Thats, when I started to think, WTF is all the hype about, the dude is slow.

Actually, it sounds as if this is when you STOPPED thinking. Please, find one other person on earth that agrees w/ you that Peterson is slow. If you can do that, I'll show you a couple of dudes who haven't been watching him play. Look, noone said he was Ginn, Hester, or Xavier Carter fast. How many players are? As a running back, however, the dude is a speed demon.

WTF does that have to do with the price of tea in China? You're really grasping at straws. Let me put it to you in words you'll understand (hopefully). Ted Ginn scored 8 TD last year. Of those 8, 5 were against Indiana, Penn St., and Mich. St. Wanna guess the combined record of those teams last year? I'll save you the trouble. 12-22. So, because Ginn scored over half of his TD against pansies, does that make him less a player? I'll be waiting for your spin on this one also...

papafin said:
:rofl3:
That's beautiful. MY HOMERISM? I've stated that I'm NOT an OU or Peterson fan. Please explain to me how on earth my homerism would slant my judgement on Peterson either way. I'll be waiting for that one...

Wow, that was specific. Which quarter did this happen in? Where on the field? Your description of the play leads be to believe that he was pulled down from behind as he made his move upfield. Perhaps my wording could have been a little better, and for that, I apologize. However, this sort of tackle lends absolutely zero credibility to your claim that Peterson is slow. If he were ran down, that would, but I'm just taking a wild guess that you won't find an instance of that happening. Slower defenders with an angle or in position make tackles on burners all the time. Doesn't detract from their speed.

Here are a few Peterson stats from the Texas game that might interest you:

He had runs of 44, 26, 19, 17, and 15 yards in the game. He also had 4 other runs of 10 yards or more in the same game. That's NINE runs of 10 yards or more in one game versus what is generally perceived as one of the faster defenses in college football. Does that sound slow to you?

Must have been a foggy day.

Actually, it sounds as if this is when you STOPPED thinking. Please, find one other person on earth that agrees w/ you that Peterson is slow. If you can do that, I'll show you a couple of dudes who haven't been watching him play. Look, noone said he was Ginn, Hester, or Xavier Carter fast. How many players are? As a running back, however, the dude is a speed demon.

WTF does that have to do with the price of tea in China? You're really grasping at straws. Let me put it to you in words you'll understand (hopefully). Ted Ginn scored 8 TD last year. Of those 8, 5 were against Indiana, Penn St., and Mich. St. Wanna guess the combined record of those teams last year? I'll save you the trouble. 12-22. So, because Ginn scored over half of his TD against pansies, does that make him less a player? I'll be waiting for your spin on this one also...

:0wned:

FinFan90 said:
Yea you were drunk at the time. Even if i was a Texas fan I wouldnt be stupid enough to say he is SLOW! :eek: Jeese man so what IF HE is slow when he has all that power, but it looked to me he had alot of speed when he dusted players in Oklahoma State and Texas.

Ya, and you were the same one routing for Anthony Thomas too. Another slow, but powerful RB. Whats that get you in the NFL? Nothing. It alot different in the NCAA when you get to beat up on chumps. That dont translate to sheet in the NFL!

Back
Top Bottom