I got to rant, what a farse.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got to rant, what a farse....

The Heisman points to at what I started this thread about, no respect for my Buckeyes. And your boy you said owned me. He talking up the other conferences. I had to put him in his place. Especially with the Charlie Ward bit, I still get a great laugh out of that.

I think you're confusing FinFan90 and me. I never said anything about owning anyone, and I've never denied the B10's prowess in football. Read before you post if you don't want to look foolish.

Thanks for putting me in my place... :shakeno:

LithoMan said:
I just got done looking at the ESPN 150. What a joke. That whole conglomerate is a freakin joke....

Every reputable college recruiting site, such as The Sporting News, Scouts.com, and others, dont even come close to that joke of a publication of ESPN.

They show their bias in a huge way towards the PAC 10, ACC, Big 12, and SEC.

The only Conference in all of NCAA that even comes close to the Big 10, is the SEC, some would say they are better, and I wouldnt disagree, to a point. They have better teams throughout the conference, but not by much.

Who does USC play, to deserve the hype they get? At least we can say, since Miami joined the ACC now, they actually play some good competition at least twice a year now, to deserve the NC title.

But, my problem isn't so much with the conference, as it is with the stupid idiots at ESPN. Ohio State is pulling one of the best recruiting classes EVER for 2006, and what does ESPN do? They rank every one of the 6, of the top 10 guys OSU has gotten a verbal commit from, as not even in the top 50 of their stupid 150. I guess Chris Wells just barely made it.

But, according to TSN, Scouts.com, and others, all those players are in the top 10. 3 top 5's, 6 top 10's, we have gotten commits from. The best RB, the best OL, a top 3 CB. All 5 stars.

I just think it is pretty funny, how one publication, that a bunch of nobody's rely on, try to slant the forecast. Now, we know how Ohio State is ranked behind team's like Miami, Michigan, Oklahoma, Tennessee, LSU. When they went and demolished Oklahoma State last year in their bowl game, and are returning 19 starters. Fine, we aren't pretty in the way we win, like USC beating up on teh chumps in their division, or Miami when they were in the Big East. But, you want pretty? Fine, Tressell is stacking the team with boys that he is taking away from USC, Miami, Georgia, and the others. You want pretty, you will soon have pretty.

Disagree? Just watch Ted baby! You can hate on Ohio State, you can deny Ohio State. But, they will give you a nice little sucker punch! You better rank them at the bottom of the top 10, because they will be in front of the top 10, before you know it. The only way you got to keep them down, is by hoping one of the other 8 in front of them, dont loose either, thats not counting USC and their chump schedule. They will go undefeated, who couldnt with that chump schedule.

Deny em. Go ahead and deny them. We know what happened last time the media "gurus" denied them. The biotch slapped the hell out of Miami. PI my nut! Just ask Andre Johnson when he committed O PI, and didnt get the call. He got his TD too. What comes around goes around.

I love college football, and I love suckers that deny the better team. Its gonna be fun this year. Watch all those weak teams built on hype, collapse like a house of cards. Its gonna be a blast!
Ohio State sucks and pays players and should be banned from all post season play for at least 2 years. Oh yeah one more thing GO BLUE

papafin said:
More lunacy. You see, I could care less about the Heisman. Let Ginn win it, doesn't matter to me. The guy who SHOULD win the trophy rarely does, anyway. I've told you, I don't like the Sooners or Peterson, but I recognize game. For you to bag on him in order to build your boy up is juvenile.

Oddly enough, you're wrong again. The ACC is my conference, but I'm objective. You aren't. That's the difference. If you look at the other thread, I ranked the SEC and B10 as the two best football conferences. You see, I call them like I see them, not how my heart would like it to be.

So I can find someone with the tape and watch it. I'd like to see the play for myself. I guess you conveniently ignored the portion of my post regarding defenders with an angle/in position.

Are you friends with Lee Corso and Trev Elbowhurts?

Do you really believe the junk that you type? I have a proposition for you. You tell me a RB who is/was fast in college, and we'll see how many games he had with 9+ carries of 10 yards or more.

Please link me to ANY of these "previous writings". I beg you to. BTW, sounds as if your friends are about as knowledgeable as my dog about football.

Wrong again. This is becoming a habit with you. I AM comparing Ginn to AP. BOTH are studs. Don't you understand that OSU doesn't have every great player in the country? There is room for other superstars outside of OSU's roster. I already said that there's no way Peterson is as fast as Ginn, but they play different positions. Was Robert Smith as fast as Joey Galloway? Nope, but both were among the fastest at their respective positions, right? I think you take it as an insult to OSU whenever anyone else compliments a player from another school.

Show me where I have ever attacked you personally. And, again, I have no interest in hyping Peterson. I recognize game, obviously that's a foreign concept for you.

Whatever, now your just spinning the hype. I dont take it as an insult in anyway, shape or form. All I say is, OSU dont get the credit it is due.

As for other players, at other schools. I dont see alot this year I like, but Eric Winston-Miami, Kellen Clemens-Oregon, Ngata-Oregon, Bush-USC, Max Martin-Michigan, of Course Ted Ginn-OSU, and Omar Jacobs-BG. Not much else really out there.

Sure, find the tape and watch it. See for yourself. Like I said, I think it was in the Texas game. Because I remember watching Benson too. It could of been the OSU game. It's a long time ago. But, I watched because of the hype, and thats when I noticed. I watched the Oregon OU game, but was more concerned with Kellen Clemens, then anything else. I saw him right away, and got on his bandwagon. He would be a great QB for Miami, and we could get him too. Without paying a boatload. To ask what game specifically, and what quarter, I cant tell you for sure. But, it did happen. And, I remeber it was the end, because I thought it was funny as hell, that AP got all that hype, when he got caught by an end, after he wsa past the LOS.

LithoMan said:
All I say is, OSU dont get the credit it is due.

You're crazy if you think OSU doesn't get the credit it deserves. They are ranked 6th and 9th in the respective polls, Espn has them ranked 5th in their power rankings, SI has them ranked 8th, and CBS Sportsline has them winning the big10. Also, anywhere you look they are talking about Ginn and the Heisman, Holmes and your LB core(which is deserved) Also to say that AP doesn't have game speed is just ludicrous. Also to the OU fan to not mention Iowa as a strong team is silly, and Purdue is better than any of those Big 12 teams you mentioned and will make a strong run for the Big 10 title, considering we don't play Mich. or OSU.

Ohio State doesnt deserve any credit they get players by paying them to play there. They should be in trouble but I am sure they paid their way out of that too. First they pay Clarett and the rest of the team got caught getting hourly wages for signing autographs and what did the NCAA do? Nothing they told them they had to give the pay checks back. Now if they are caught red handed taking money for signing autographs like it was a job why didnt they get in trouble. That would have been like saying that after Chris Webber got caught taking money from boosters it would have been alright if only he would pay back the 250,000 dollars he had been giving which i am sure he could have. Then you have the situation with Troy Smith he has been caught receiving gifts or money not once but TWICE and all he gets is a one game suspension in one of the easiest games on the schedule. Plus they caught the BBall team getting gifts. If you ask me they are a crooked organization that needs to be made an example of not let get away with anything.

Sure I am a Michigan and I would hate to see that rivarly not be the same for a couple of years because of NCAA Sanctions but when Michigan Basketball got caught they had to pay the penalty and still havent recovered.

Whatever, now your just spinning the hype.

HOW?

This entire discussion between you and I has been about you calling Peterson "slow". He isn't. You're wrong. You can't show me anyone who agrees with you. Your only evidence is one play that you say happened. Guess what, I saw a 350 lb. DT (Vince Wilfork) chase down Kevin Jones (VT/ Detroit Lions) in a game once. Is Jones slow?

Please just give up.

Brad528 said:
Sure I am a Michigan and I would hate to see that rivarly not be the same for a couple of years because of NCAA Sanctions but when Michigan Basketball got caught they had to pay the penalty and still havent recovered.

There were a lot of PROVEN allegations in regards to Mich basketball and they deserve to still be down. While I don't like OSU(or Mich for that matter) I think for sanctions to be handed down to OSU more violations must be proven.

LithoMan said:
All I say is, OSU dont get the credit it is due.

You are such a homer! OSU is CONSTANTLY Over-rated! :rolleyes: And Peterson is far from slow!

ether79 said:
There were a lot of PROVEN allegations in regards to Mich basketball and they deserve to still be down. While I don't like OSU(or Mich for that matter) I think for sanctions to be handed down to OSU more violations must be proven.
What do you mean it was proven that they were paying players to write autographs. They got caught red handed and every player they caught gave they're checks back to avoid penalty but if you ask me at that point it should have been to late. If you steal a car and the police pull you over you cant just say well I was just about to park it back in the drive way He wouldnt say well if thats the case then you have a nice day. I am sure the coach or who ever said come on guys give the checks back I will just give you some cash later.

Brad528 said:
Ohio State doesnt deserve any credit they get players by paying them to play there. They should be in trouble but I am sure they paid their way out of that too. First they pay Clarett and the rest of the team got caught getting hourly wages for signing autographs and what did the NCAA do? Nothing they told them they had to give the pay checks back. Now if they are caught red handed taking money for signing autographs like it was a job why didnt they get in trouble. That would have been like saying that after Chris Webber got caught taking money from boosters it would have been alright if only he would pay back the 250,000 dollars he had been giving which i am sure he could have. Then you have the situation with Troy Smith he has been caught receiving gifts or money not once but TWICE and all he gets is a one game suspension in one of the easiest games on the schedule. Plus they caught the BBall team getting gifts. If you ask me they are a crooked organization that needs to be made an example of not let get away with anything.

You can huff and puff like your last post, but that is the only way The Big House isn't turned into the Horseshoe II this year again. We own you this year, and for many to come.

All schools are dirty, even your overgrown rats. ALL SCHOOLS. Not just this one or that one. ALL. All schools pay players to "work" at the school. I just thought OSU suspended themselves from post-season play in Basketball? Oh ya, thats right, they did. Thats because they sanctiuon themselves, which keeps the NCAA away. But, it is funny how the NCAA finds something against OSU, and holds it over our head, way longer then any other school, to manipulate us. When Scott McMullen brought us back within 10 of Michigan in 03, and low and behold, here comes Craig "Crazyeye" Krenzel back in with his bumb shoulder, to make sure we lost and stayed out of the NC. We killed KState in the Fiesta Bowl.

You can thank the NCAA for your win in 03 at Michigan, because if they wouldnt of been holding that Clarett crap over our head, you would of been on a 4 game losing streak by now. Oklahoma showed they deserved to be playing LSU that year. We should of been playing USC. Oh well, the past is only relavent to you I guess. At least we can win our Bowl games. LOL.

Brad528 said:
I am sure the coach or who ever said come on guys give the checks back I will just give you some cash later.

You're probably right, but again, that isn't proven. So by the actual standards of the NCAA rules they haven't really proven any violations.

On teh Big 10 *11* thing, ok Michigan, and Ohio State is all they got now if u wanna pull out those mediocre teams like Minnesota, Wisconisin, or Purdue thats like me sayin Texas A&m, Texas Tech, and Nebraska are great teams. The way i cee it teh Big 12 and 10 are preatty even in power and depth.

How does Iowa not make the list of dominate Big 10 teams with Michigan & OSU. All three are top 10 teams. Purdue & Wisconsin should be good again this year & then there's the wild card teams of Penn St & Minnesota.

Please do not try to compare the Big 12 to the Big 10 until Nebraska or Colorado returns as a powerhouse. Texas is 1 & Oklahoma is a questionable 1b considering their losses this offseason. A&M & Tech are good, Oklahoma St & Mizzou are okay but the north division kills this conference anymore.

You are right. OSU and Michigan are about it. But, dont look for great play Michigan this year.

Why in the world do you think that Michigan won't be good? They lost Braylon, Baas, Jackson, & Shazor. Henne & Hart were phenoms, Breaston will get more PT on O, oline is solid as always, their front 7 is loaded. So long as the secondary holds up they'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom