I got to rant, what a farse.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got to rant, what a farse....

SMadison29 said:
How does Iowa not make the list of dominate Big 10 teams with Michigan & OSU. All three are top 10 teams. Purdue & Wisconsin should be good again this year & then there's the wild card teams of Penn St & Minnesota.

Please do not try to compare the Big 12 to the Big 10 until Nebraska or Colorado returns as a powerhouse. Texas is 1 & Oklahoma is a questionable 1b considering their losses this offseason. A&M & Tech are good, Oklahoma St & Mizzou are okay but the north division kills this conference anymore.

Why in the world do you think that Michigan won't be good? They lost Braylon, Baas, Jackson, & Shazor. Henne & Hart were phenoms, Breaston will get more PT on O, oline is solid as always, their front 7 is loaded. So long as the secondary holds up they'll be fine.

O trust me I know Iowa is great, I honestly forgot they were in teh Big 10, my mistake, yea the Big 12 has some splainin to do this year.

ether79 said:
Purdue is better than any of those Big 12 teams you mentioned and will make a strong run for the Big 10 title, considering we don't play Mich. or OSU.

Amen brother. I might be a Michigan fan, but Purdue's starin' down the barrell of a Big 10 championship. Kyle Ingraham-how many catches is he gettin' this year? And how overlooked is the Purdue defense every year? That units slowly but surely stockin' NFL rosters too. They might not be Ohio State just yet, but for what they are, they do really well.

Kyle Ingraham-how many catches is he gettin' this year?

Forget Ingraham, except around the end-zone, Dorien Bryant is their show stopper.

Brad528 said:
Ohio State doesnt deserve any credit they get players by paying them to play there. They should be in trouble but I am sure they paid their way out of that too. First they pay Clarett and the rest of the team got caught getting hourly wages for signing autographs and what did the NCAA do? Nothing they told them they had to give the pay checks back. Now if they are caught red handed taking money for signing autographs like it was a job why didnt they get in trouble. That would have been like saying that after Chris Webber got caught taking money from boosters it would have been alright if only he would pay back the 250,000 dollars he had been giving which i am sure he could have. Then you have the situation with Troy Smith he has been caught receiving gifts or money not once but TWICE and all he gets is a one game suspension in one of the easiest games on the schedule. Plus they caught the BBall team getting gifts. If you ask me they are a crooked organization that needs to be made an example of not let get away with anything.

This doesn't hold up. California's allowed players to do endorsements. The difference between what OSU allegedly did and California, is in Ohio is allowed by the NCAA.

SMadison29 said:
Forget Ingraham, except around the end-zone, Dorien Bryant is their show stopper.
Right, Bryant has the speed and Ingraham has the red zone size/hands, our most complete WR is Ray Williams though. We are also returing all 11 defense starters. So like I said I think we will make a pretty good run for the title.

ether79 said:
Right, Bryant has the speed and Ingraham has the red zone size/hands, our most complete WR is Ray Williams though. We are also returing all 11 defense starters. So like I said I think we will make a pretty good run for the title.

Oh, I didn't know you were a Purdue fan. Do you know if you're going to redshirt Selwyn Lymon? To me it would be foolish since it's been forever since you've had a highly ranked WR recruit.

SMadison29 said:
Oh, I didn't know you were a Purdue fan. Do you know if you're going to redshirt Selwyn Lymon? To me it would be foolish since it's been forever since you've had a highly ranked WR recruit.

Yeah I'm an Alum. I am pretty sure they are, and I am disappointed about it. You're are right about the blue chip prospects we've had. The only reasoning I can see is that we have pretty good depth and they may want him to develop his abilities some more for when Curtis Painter takes over the job in a year or so. I know they're really high on Painter. I saw him play myself here in Terre Haute when his Vincennes HS played them on their way to a class 3a title and I think Painter will be the real deal. I guess Tiller believes that Lymon will help him become great.

Back
Top Bottom