I got to rant, what a farse.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got to rant, what a farse....

LithoMan said:
Ya, and you were the same one routing for Anthony Thomas too. Another slow, but powerful RB. Whats that get you in the NFL? Nothing. It alot different in the NCAA when you get to beat up on chumps. That dont translate to sheet in the NFL!

Umm I have no idea where u got Anthony Thomas in this convo, I never really liked him mayb cause i dont like the Bears. Now just stop where u r cause AD aint slow u just got ahead of ur self trust me u will look dumb when he is holding the Heisman later on in the future.

papafin said:
:rofl3:
That's beautiful. MY HOMERISM? I've stated that I'm NOT an OU or Peterson fan. Please explain to me how on earth my homerism would slant my judgement on Peterson either way. I'll be waiting for that one...

Because, your trying to justify some player, to keep my Boy from OSU out of the running for the Heisman. Thats because your SEC or ACC, dont have jack for the Heisman. Your a Big 10 hater, and your trying your best. But, once again, it aint happening for you.

papafin said:
Wow, that was specific. Which quarter did this happen in? Where on the field? Your description of the play leads be to believe that he was pulled down from behind as he made his move upfield. Perhaps my wording could have been a little better, and for that, I apologize. However, this sort of tackle lends absolutely zero credibility to your claim that Peterson is slow. If he were ran down, that would, but I'm just taking a wild guess that you won't find an instance of that happening. Slower defenders with an angle or in position make tackles on burners all the time. Doesn't detract from their speed.

If I remember right, it was in the second quarter. But, why the specifics? You asked when it happened, I answered. You thought I wouldnt. Now, you want even more detail, so you can attack something else I say. But, You asked your question where did he get caught from behind, didnt think I would answer, and I did. Funny, you got blind or homer friends, because when I pointed it out to even the slimest of knowledgeable people, they come back and say, "You are right, he is slow." And, it wasn't DJ that tackled him. And, it wasn't a LB or SS taking an angle, it was a LE, who caught, and dragged him down from behind. And, AP wasn't slowing down to avoid a tackle, he was hoofing it. But got caught by a DE within 15 yards. Now, that is slow!

papafin said:
Here are a few Peterson stats from the Texas game that might interest you:

He had runs of 44, 26, 19, 17, and 15 yards in the game. He also had 4 other runs of 10 yards or more in the same game. That's NINE runs of 10 yards or more in one game versus what is generally perceived as one of the faster defenses in college football. Does that sound slow to you?

Wow, two whole runs for more then 20. And one just making it more then 20 at that. Even with that great OL OU has, thats all he could get? That dont speel fast to me. Especially for Texas LB, that cant shed a block to save their ***. Hence, DJ. ALot of speed, but no brains, and no techinque. DJ gets consumed by OL/FB's. And AP cant outrun that? SLOW!

papafin said:
Must have been a foggy day.

Oh ya, I had to be drinking. Funny, I dont drink. Funny, it always has to be some reason you are wrong.

papafin said:
Actually, it sounds as if this is when you STOPPED thinking. Please, find one other person on earth that agrees w/ you that Peterson is slow. If you can do that, I'll show you a couple of dudes who haven't been watching him play. Look, noone said he was Ginn, Hester, or Xavier Carter fast. How many players are? As a running back, however, the dude is a speed demon.

Previous writing. Friends, aquaintences, people who dont buy into the hype, and actually look at AP.

papafin said:
WTF does that have to do with the price of tea in China? You're really grasping at straws. Let me put it to you in words you'll understand (hopefully). Ted Ginn scored 8 TD last year. Of those 8, 5 were against Indiana, Penn St., and Mich. St. Wanna guess the combined record of those teams last year? I'll save you the trouble. 12-22. So, because Ginn scored over half of his TD against pansies, does that make him less a player? I'll be waiting for your spin on this one also...

You are right. We have chumps like any conferences. So, what is your point? I know you aint trying to compare Ted Ginn, to AP. That is just ludicris. But then, so are you with your personal attacks, and you lame points trying to bolster a hype machine.

Hey Lithoman, Do u actually think that just because Peterson had two 20 yard runs agaisnt the # 2 Team in the nation that automaticly makes him slow????? I mean does he have to rush for 400 yrds a game to prove he deserves his hype? So stop complaining cause one of ur presious Big 10 teams didnt pick him up. He has alrdy proven he is a start and deserves alot of hype, so stop being jealous and start thinking bout (I dont know which team u like but since there r only two teams in teh Big 10 *11* worth a ****) either Texas beating yall in OSU, or start worrying bout how to win a bowl game u guys automatiucly get into every year (If ur a Michigan fan)

lol which is ur fave team? :tongue:

Either ur freinds are blind or they r just so cought up in all this OU-Hating. But cmon I could be a Texas fan and I could tell u he is great, I mean I have 3 freinds who wacth games with me every week, (Ones a Razorback fan, teh other is a Longhorn fan, and teh other is a Hurricane fan) Last year every time he ran the ball tehy would say, wow he will be great, or he is a future star in teh NFL. See they rnt jealous they dont have a great back liek that they just enjoy the game, I dont really knwo how AD got into this in teh first place.

FinFan90 said:
Umm I have no idea where u got Anthony Thomas in this convo, I never really liked him mayb cause i dont like the Bears. Now just stop where u r cause AD aint slow u just got ahead of ur self trust me u will look dumb when he is holding the Heisman later on in the future.

Proof positive! Just like I said. Trying to bolster some POS RB, to get the Heisman.

And, if you wern't blind, hating on the Big 10, you would realize what I was getting at with Anthony Thomas. Same style RB. Almost a mirror image. How did that translate to the NFL? What I thought.

It's obvious there is bias in the Heisman. I have no doubt, Leinart/Peterson/Bush will get the Heisman. Hows that working for White/Palmer/Crouch/Weinke/Wiiliams/Wuerffel (One of my personal highlights, i love it)/Salaam/Ward (my personal favorite!!!!)/Torreta?

Now all these I pointed out are since 92 from the Pac10/SEC/ACC/Big 12.

Here are the other 4 from the Big 10 since 91: Dayne/Woodson/George/Howard.

3 out of 4 still playing, although one will be gone shortly. So, we got woodson and George still going. Both had pretty good careers. Out of your 9, 4 are in the NFL, and one has had a career for sheet, ricky, but we see how that is going.

So, when the voters cant deny the Big 10 guy, he goes on, because he is good. If they toss it to some chump out of the other conference, because the team wins pretty beating up on chumps, and are the hype magnet, your heisman winners go onto basketball or third string it, and bust out. You got one guy to point to, which is Ricky. What? Did you say something? What?

So, when you try to bring your weak sheet, and face me, you better bring it good. There is bias, towards the pretty teams. And, we are getting that too, in Cbus. So, once again, deny my Bucks. Its all good.

FinFan90 said:
Hey Lithoman, Do u actually think that just because Peterson had two 20 yard runs agaisnt the # 2 Team in the nation that automaticly makes him slow????? I mean does he have to rush for 400 yrds a game to prove he deserves his hype? So stop complaining cause one of ur presious Big 10 teams didnt pick him up. He has alrdy proven he is a start and deserves alot of hype, so stop being jealous and start thinking bout (I dont know which team u like but since there r only two teams in teh Big 10 *11* worth a ****) either Texas beating yall in OSU, or start worrying bout how to win a bowl game u guys automatiucly get into every year (If ur a Michigan fan)

lol which is ur fave team? :tongue:

My god man, are you blind? I havent pointed it out enought o you? OSU. And, bring it on, your chumps from Texas are going home with a mark in L column. They wont be right the rest of the year when we get done with them. They will look like the school girls they are. The biotches of the Big 12, that cant win the big game in the Big 12.

FinFan90 said:
Either ur freinds are blind or they r just so cought up in all this OU-Hating. But cmon I could be a Texas fan and I could tell u he is great, I mean I have 3 freinds who wacth games with me every week, (Ones a Razorback fan, teh other is a Longhorn fan, and teh other is a Hurricane fan) Last year every time he ran the ball tehy would say, wow he will be great, or he is a future star in teh NFL. See they rnt jealous they dont have a great back liek that they just enjoy the game, I dont really knwo how AD got into this in teh first place.

The probably thought the same thing watching Anthony Thomas, when we were chumps at Ohio State, and he ran on us like that. That dont mean jack in the NCAA. He wont go nowhere in the NFL. The dude is slow.

.....ok so you actually think teh following.

a) Peterson is slow

b) The Big 12 sux

c) Peterson will never succeed

d) The Big 10 *11* could destroy the Big 12

e) Peterson doesnt deserve a Hiesman

And you knwo what u may be right about Peterson only having a good year due to a great O-Line. This year he will have to prove some more people wrong, which I beleive he will, not cause im an OU fan but because after seeing this guy play and being able to take a pounding for a while he can succeed without a perfect O-line.

On teh Big 10 *11* thing, ok Michigan, and Ohio State is all they got now if u wanna pull out those mediocre teams like Minnesota, Wisconisin, or Purdue thats like me sayin Texas A&m, Texas Tech, and Nebraska are great teams. The way i cee it teh Big 12 and 10 are preatty even in power and depth.

Also what does teh Hiesman trophy have to do with there carrear in the NFL? That award is only for college ball, sure most award winners dont do great in the pros, but you can never deny there talent.

LithoMan said:
My god man, are you blind? I havent pointed it out enought o you? OSU. And, bring it on, your chumps from Texas are going home with a mark in L column. They wont be right the rest of the year when we get done with them. They will look like the school girls they are. The biotches of the Big 12, that cant win the big game in the Big 12.

hehe for some reason I hope ur right get the hopes high the tOSU will crush em then we will take care of em on October 8. I think that day Ill be a tOSU fan but my Big 12 blood wants Texas to win. :evil:

LithoMan said:
The probably thought the same thing watching Anthony Thomas, when we were chumps at Ohio State, and he ran on us like that. That dont mean jack in the NCAA. He wont go nowhere in the NFL. The dude is slow.

The NFL is alot tougher and u cant deny his speed (wjile he may not be like super-fast he still has some notable speed as do all RBs)

FinFan90 said:
.....ok so you actually think teh following.

a) Peterson is slow

b) The Big 12 sux

c) Peterson will never succeed

d) The Big 10 *11* could destroy the Big 12

e) Peterson doesnt deserve a Hiesman

And you knwo what u may be right about Peterson only having a good year due to a great O-Line. This year he will have to prove some more people wrong, which I beleive he will, not cause im an OU fan but because after seeing this guy play and being able to take a pounding for a while he can succeed without a perfect O-line.

On teh Big 10 *11* thing, ok Michigan, and Ohio State is all they got now if u wanna pull out those mediocre teams like Minnesota, Wisconisin, or Purdue thats like me sayin Texas A&m, Texas Tech, and Nebraska are great teams. The way i cee it teh Big 12 and 10 are preatty even in power and depth.

Also what does teh Hiesman trophy have to do with there carrear in the NFL? That award is only for college ball, sure most award winners dont do great in the pros, but you can never deny there talent.

You are right. OSU and Michigan are about it. But, dont look for great play Michigan this year. Swissconsin has there years. But, that about it. Swissconsin is about like KState. KSate has there years.

OBviously not, witnessed by Texas vs Michigan last year. I dont think OU or Texas is chumps, but the Big 12, ya.... But, I do think OSU wins over Texas, for the simple fact, we can contain Vince. One thing most teams cant. We got the entire D. We are returning 19 starters, and then O'Neal is better then Fox was (our CB we lost) and our DE's are even better then Frazier and Smith were. We simply have put an even better D on the field this year. And now, that Troy has taken the QB position over, we are pretty much unstoppable. I dont say that lightly, that we will beat Texas. I know we will.

The Heisman points to at what I started this thread about, no respect for my Buckeyes. And your boy you said owned me. He talking up the other conferences. I had to put him in his place. Especially with the Charlie Ward bit, I still get a great laugh out of that.

Because, your trying to justify some player, to keep my Boy from OSU out of the running for the Heisman. Thats because your SEC or ACC, dont have jack for the Heisman.

More lunacy. You see, I could care less about the Heisman. Let Ginn win it, doesn't matter to me. The guy who SHOULD win the trophy rarely does, anyway. I've told you, I don't like the Sooners or Peterson, but I recognize game. For you to bag on him in order to build your boy up is juvenile.

Your a Big 10 hater, and your trying your best.

Oddly enough, you're wrong again. The ACC is my conference, but I'm objective. You aren't. That's the difference. If you look at the other thread, I ranked the SEC and B10 as the two best football conferences. You see, I call them like I see them, not how my heart would like it to be.

If I remember right, it was in the second quarter. But, why the specifics?

So I can find someone with the tape and watch it. I'd like to see the play for myself. I guess you conveniently ignored the portion of my post regarding defenders with an angle/in position.

because when I pointed it out to even the slimest of knowledgeable people,

Are you friends with Lee Corso and Trev Elbowhurts?

Wow, two whole runs for more then 20. And one just making it more then 20 at that. Even with that great OL OU has, thats all he could get? That dont speel fast to me. Especially for Texas LB, that cant shed a block to save their ***. Hence, DJ. ALot of speed, but no brains, and no techinque. DJ gets consumed by OL/FB's. And AP cant outrun that? SLOW!

Do you really believe the junk that you type? I have a proposition for you. You tell me a RB who is/was fast in college, and we'll see how many games he had with 9+ carries of 10 yards or more.

Previous writing. Friends, aquaintences, people who dont buy into the hype, and actually look at AP.

Please link me to ANY of these "previous writings". I beg you to. BTW, sounds as if your friends are about as knowledgeable as my dog about football.

You are right. We have chumps like any conferences. So, what is your point? I know you aint trying to compare Ted Ginn, to AP. That is just ludicris.

Wrong again. This is becoming a habit with you. I AM comparing Ginn to AP. BOTH are studs. Don't you understand that OSU doesn't have every great player in the country? There is room for other superstars outside of OSU's roster. I already said that there's no way Peterson is as fast as Ginn, but they play different positions. Was Robert Smith as fast as Joey Galloway? Nope, but both were among the fastest at their respective positions, right? I think you take it as an insult to OSU whenever anyone else compliments a player from another school.

But then, so are you with your personal attacks, and you lame points trying to bolster a hype machine.

Show me where I have ever attacked you personally. And, again, I have no interest in hyping Peterson. I recognize game, obviously that's a foreign concept for you.

LithoMan said:
You are right. OSU and Michigan are about it. But, dont look for great play Michigan this year. Swissconsin has there years. But, that about it. Swissconsin is about like KState. KSate has there years.

OBviously not, witnessed by Texas vs Michigan last year. I dont think OU or Texas is chumps, but the Big 12, ya.... But, I do think OSU wins over Texas, for the simple fact, we can contain Vince. One thing most teams cant. We got the entire D. We are returning 19 starters, and then O'Neal is better then Fox was (our CB we lost) and our DE's are even better then Frazier and Smith were. We simply have put an even better D on the field this year. And now, that Troy has taken the QB position over, we are pretty much unstoppable. I dont say that lightly, that we will beat Texas. I know we will.

The Heisman points to at what I started this thread about, no respect for my Buckeyes. And your boy you said owned me. He talking up the other conferences. I had to put him in his place. Especially with the Charlie Ward bit, I still get a great laugh out of that.

Yea i dont c why Texas is gettin all this pre-season hype in teh Big 12. They say OU will suck this year cause we lost alot and we did. But Texas did too. They lost there precious RB who never rushed for over 100 yrds against us. They also lost Derrick Johnson to teh draft. So I dotn understand why tehy get all the attention, i mean stop Vince Young and you win teh game. If Michigan had contained him Michigan wins it easy. I can see why teh media loves him but I mean he cant throw at all if he was 2 deminsonal mayb I would worry bout him but OU and tOSU (if u dont knwo i put tOSU for The Ohio State so not to confuse Oklahoma State) will absolutley tear him apart. I say let Texas get ahead of them selves and let them have all teh hype, teh better we kill em and ruin there dreams. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom