I simply do not understand... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I simply do not understand...

Did you know he makes another 10 million in endorsemants and his wife makes more than he does? hahah ban this guy ^

I don't know Brady's contract but I do know 3 things:
1) Jake Long can marry someone who makes a lot of money if he wants. Non related to his contract.
2) Jake Long can pimp himself around for endorsements if he wants. If he cant get any? Well that's not the Miami Dolphins' problem.
3) Who in the blue hell are you to be here for a whopping month and a half and saying ban so and so? I'm sure you weren't serious but gimme a break.

why would u pay Brian Hartline the dude is literally allergic to the end zone.

You need to google the definition of "literally".

Everyone loves Jake Long. Nobody that understands football wants to pay him what he's asking. Especially not in this scheme, especially not with Jonathan Martin grading out as well as Jake did at left tackle when Jake went down.

I don't know Brady's contract but I do know 3 things:
1) Jake Long can marry someone who makes a lot of money if he wants. Non related to his contract.
2) Jake Long can pimp himself around for endorsements if he wants. If he cant get any? Well that's not the Miami Dolphins' problem.
3) Who in the blue hell are you to be here for a whopping month and a half and saying ban so and so? I'm sure you weren't serious but gimme a break.
those first 2 points were a waste of text. The point is Brady isn't looking for a huge contract and takes less money to get good players around him. Yes I was joking about banning

Nonsense, as Long has even played and played well while injured. People tend to not realize the last two seasons which are basically the two he's ended on IR in the "end" of the season he played "through" the injuries and still made the Pro Bowl in 2011, and only decided to go IR once it was probable that we were now realistically out of the playoffs. It was a team decision. Since the playoffs was no longer within reach they closed their franchise LT for the final two games in 2011. And in 2012 when the playoffs were not a reality, they decided to shut him down and fix him up and allow opportunity to give Martin some work at LT. Injuries are not really an issue with Long as he's tough as nails and plays through them. Injuries are a part of the game. That's why teams carry 53 plus a practice squad.

Nonsense: Pro bowls are fan voting included. If you've been a member of this forum for any length of time you must have seen tons of vote inflating threads where people vote on every internet connected device to inflate the numbers. What's up with this franchise LT business? I mean are we really trying to fit the mold of Joe Thomas and the almighty Cleveland Browns? Well then again any of us who used this as a basis in 2011 with the Daboll hire saying he sucks Cleveland sucks. I got an idea for the new logo. Let's call ourselves the Miami Oranges and have a plain orange helmet and a franchise left tackle.

those first 2 points were a waste of text. The point is Brady isn't looking for a huge contract and takes less money to get good players around him. Yes I was joking about banning

You're right, bringing up Brady's endorsements and his womans salary is a waste of text saying why we need to pay Long more. You're welcome.

Nonsense: Pro bowls are fan voting included. If you've been a member of this forum for any length of time you must have seen tons of vote inflating threads where people vote on every internet connected device to inflate the numbers. What's up with this franchise LT business? I mean are we really trying to fit the mold of Joe Thomas and the almighty Cleveland Browns? Well then again any of us who used this as a basis in 2011 with the Daboll hire saying he sucks Cleveland sucks. I got an idea for the new logo. Let's call ourselves the Miami Oranges and have a plain orange helmet and a franchise left tackle.

You are very right about one thing. Jake Long got the pro bowl lately BC of his name and draft status. The average fan may only know 2, 3 offensive lineman so he got voted in on a reputation basis like Ray Lewis has done the past 3 years

Thank you! Cus that would mean Brady is not looking for a payday, he already has it made. The endorsements and his wife salary matter because he doesn't need any more than 9 million a year base salary.

And to be honest, I can definitely see both sides of the coin here. You let him go and there's potential for his injury concerns to be non-exsistant. You keep him and there's potential for him to continually to be an injury problem. So if you 'simply cant understand....', then you are blind to other possibilities. If your opinion differs, fine. But don't act like it's an outrageous notion that Long has become injury prone. You dont know any more than I do. So stop acting like your opinion is the only one that could possibly be right.
he's been constantly injured in this league more than he's been healthy now, if he was injured his first couple of seasons and then uninjured the last 3 years I wouldnt' even be concerned, but history shows that injuries accumulate with age, not the other way around.

Pay the guy...lucky for us, there's about 8 top LT prospects becoming FA's this year. That should help set the market for Long

why everyone wants Jake Long to leave. His play has suffered due to injuries and schematic changes but he is still a top 10 LT in the league and those guys don't grow on trees. Some of you talk worse about him than Marc Colombo! He is asking for 10M$ per season which isn't exactly breaking the bank. All we are doing by letting him go is creating ANOTHER need. If we cut Carpenter and either Richard Marshall or Dmitri Patterson we will have around 55 million in salary cap space! Why not spend 10 of that on Jake and we still have 45 million left for Greg Jennings, a TE, and a CB like Derek Cox

So why do you want an injury prone player who cant contribute, or contributes minimalistically because he is always injured.. For the record Long IS NOT a top 10 LT. Martin came in and there was no noticable drop at the LT position and actually it moreso seemed that our offense actually got better. Schematic changes is not a valid excuse as everyone has to cope with the change, not just Long. Martin is (or at least better be) our future LT and we will likely address our future RT in the draft. TBH, I do not think we should bring Long back for any amount. If we pay him 10 million or 5 million, he is still going to play like garbage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAPYokt2Npc

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

anyone who thinks Martin is a good replacement for Jake Long watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAPYokt2Npc

Do you remember what John Abraham did to Jake Long? Julius Peppers?

It's one play. Jonathan Martin handled himself well when Jake went down. Your arguing to pay an aged, injured left tackle elite money, and on a team that's currently purging its roster, that makes no sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAPYokt2Npc

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

anyone who thinks Martin is a good replacement for Jake Long watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAPYokt2Npc
Anyone who thinks Jake long is still an elite LT, watch this video:

merriman-1.gif

Actually, you're right - based on these two videos, I think Martin is a perfect replacement for Jake! ;)

He's a perennial Pro Bowler because he's a fan favorite, not because he's been playing like a Pro Bowler. His play has reduced considerably over the last two years, and he doesn't fit our scheme. The OP stated that despite the scheme change, we should keep him. WHY? Those $10 million could go to Mike Wallace, Randy Starks, Sean Smith (hopefully not), or Brian Hartline. If he doesn't fit our scheme AND he's playing like crap, why keep him? As far as I see it, he got lucky with that fat contract we handed him as a rookie and he's squeezed every penny out of Ross' pocket while playing like an extremely average tackle.

Don't get me wrong, he WAS elite for a few years, but he's a shell of his former self.
He's a perennial pro bowler because on his "worst" year he was still a "very good" LT and in his best years up there with Joe Thomas that's why the fans put him there. http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/2/...eason-in-review-offensive-line-trench-warfare

Back
Top Bottom