I think one thing we ALL can agree on is that Tannehill, regardless of his ceiling, | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think one thing we ALL can agree on is that Tannehill, regardless of his ceiling,

After watching this game, I came on here expecting to see Tannehill being raked through the coals for his bad decisions, and never in a million years would I have expected this bash-fest on his deep passes. They were flippin' amazing throws. Really, they were terrific plays. If he gets the pass out a little sooner, it's even better. Still, this is not a problem for Tannehill to be concerned with.

I don't understand it either. You're going to watch that godawful interception and then bash him for the 57 yard TD pass, without once mentioning the interception?

This stuff is just nuts.

I don't understand it either. You're going to watch that godawful interception and then bash him for the 57 yard TD pass, without once mentioning the interception?

This stuff is just nuts.

Well, maybe part of it is this, as a 2nd year QB who is still developing you can expect him to make some mistakes. Even veteran QB's make mistakes. When it comes to be acurate, those of us that feel he's not acurate on his deep passes see a problem with this. Now please understand that if he starts to hit some of those on a consisten basis then we'llall start to feel better about him going deep. I also understand that it seems we're being picky since he "completed" 2 long passes but "we" feel those passes were short and Wallace had to wait fort he football. On the first one he scored anyway. On the 2nd it costed us 4 points since we had to settle for a FG and on the 3rd long pass when he went scrambling he missed him long. I'm sure part of that was he did not want to be short again. I expect some INT's and some mistakes. In the end maybe he's just trying to be too perfect instead of just letting it go. I give him credit he gce Wallace a chance on the first 2 ad Walace made a play on those.

Ozzy rules!!

That was 63 yards thru the air. An incredible throw. Rare throw. It would have taken an incredible play from Wallace to make that catch and score the TD (being tackled short would have resulted in the clock running out), but that's just testament to the situation they were in. They were in a situation where they needed to make an incredible throw and incredible catch to end up with an incredible result.

The premise of this thread is off base. Ryan Tannehill has some real problems and I'm not anymore convinced that he's going to end up elite than I was before the draft. But people are barking up the wrong tree on this deep throw stuff.

Yup. A lot of people around here are trying to pin the 0 TDs in the 4th quarter over the last seven games on Philbin but thats on the QB imo. Good QBs are typically able to elevate their games in crunch time, Tannehill rarely shows that quality. I hope the christ we don't have a Kyle Orton on our hands here, great stats guy except for the one stat that actually matters.

6. The final throw was a real beauty. Ball traveled about 63 yards through the air and Tannehill could barely even step into it because he was about to be MURDERED with a hit. Wallace got his head around to look for the ball late (he does that a lot) and so he traveled left-to-right a little too far before figuring out where the football was and twirling back to the other side to catch it. This was was an incredible throw, and it would have taken an INCREDIBLE catch effort by Wallace to make the catch, because of the situation. If he goes down short of the end zone, the game is over. He needed to make a great adjustment on the football, finish the catch, stay on his feet and go the rest of the way into the end zone. It's just not something you see players do often. But then, you also don't often see receivers making $12 million a year.

The funny thing about this is you've got people complaining about the decision to try a 53 yard field goal going in the same direction claiming there was a strong wind in his face. Can our QB really throw it further and more accurately under duress than our kicker can kick it? If there really was a strong wind in his face then that 63 yard throw is more like a 75 yard throw...

The thing that strikes me about this board is how it is so totally delusional when compared to the rest of the league... and the country... in its ideas about the Dolphins.

The whole entire USA believes the Dolphins are a useless ireland-built team that is holding its head above water solely because of TANNEHILL'S individual toughness and determination. They see him as being well-placed when compared to luck, rg3, etc. and believe he will only get better over time.

This wannabe fan base thinks we are a budding POWERHOUSE, an awesome juggernaut being held back by Tannehill's supposed ineptitude. The Agenda at work.

The Chargers were ready to CUT Brees after his third season.

Thanks for a splash of sanity in a thread sea of idiocy.

LD

The run game has been godawful. I agree Tannehill accuracy on the deep ball hasn't been good...but we lost yesterday because of the run game. Have to control the clock at the end of games.

RT is still having problems seeing the field, he will throw to the play called when there is a better option , but I saw the great Peyton do the same last night. I was fairly critical about RT after seeing him for the first time in person. There were 4 or five plays he could have run for a lot of yardage, like he did one time for a first down. He could have helped the running game there. The throw to Mathews where we got hosed on the picked up flag was beautiful.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

He deserves another year, Newton was pretty bad his first two years, he looked pretty good Sunday.

The thing that strikes me about this board is how it is so totally delusional when compared to the rest of the league... and the country... in its ideas about the Dolphins.

The whole entire USA believes the Dolphins are a useless ireland-built team that is holding its head above water solely because of TANNEHILL'S individual toughness and determination. They see him as being well-placed when compared to luck, rg3, etc. and believe he will only get better over time.

This wannabe fan base thinks we are a budding POWERHOUSE, an awesome juggernaut being held back by Tannehill's supposed ineptitude. The Agenda at work.

The Chargers were ready to CUT Brees after his third season.

This is true too. People here are happy to give QBs of other teams excuses when they lose their top weapon, like Matt Ryan is just having a down year because he lost Julio Jones. Well we never had a Julio Jones to begin with, we don't even have a Tony Gonzales or a Roddy White.

Also, most were devastated when we lost Keller for the season. There was good reason for the devastation, I think Keller was going to be the most important piece of our offense second only to Tannehill, I'm sure it wreaked havoc on what the staff saw our offense being able to do and that probably cost us at least a game or two. I think most would have seen 9-7 as progress before the season but now that we're in the thick of it I get the feeling 9-7 isn't good enough for Philbin or Tannehill anymore even though we've lost a big chunk of our offense.

I listened to Mike Sherman talk today in his Monday presser answering a reporters question about why Tannehill is so inaccurate on deep balls. And he basically said no one has the legs to run 25 deep routes every day in practice to actually practice the deep throws. Which instantly made me think......

Why on earth didn't Miami add a burner wide receiver to the practice squad? A kid who can fly that has the sole job to run fly routes every day? I guarantee with enough reps this would get better. Certainly Wallace isn't going to do this in practice, as he won't even warm up with Tannehill before games. It just makes sense that they add a 4.4 guy who can flat out run to the PS....who cares if the kid can't catch.

I look at this as yet another failure of the staff and GM. They of all people know if Tannehill can't throw a deep ball but seem to have excuses as to why it can't improve.

He deserves another year, Newton was pretty bad his first two years, he looked pretty good Sunday.
Newton had 84.5 and 86.2 QB ratings, and 7.8 and 8.0 YPAs his first two years, both of which were well above average for those years in the league for quarterbacks.

OMG DID YOU SEE THAT? THE AMAZING RGIII just OVERTHREW a WR by 20 yards!

Edit, on a deep ball to a WR who beat his man by a few steps... And he had all the time in the world.

And now he threw an absolutely horrendous pick to Donte Whitner. If RGIII played here, I can only imagine what people would call him, but since he was hyped out of college and plays for another team, people say he is better than Tannehill.

Truth is, Tannehill has outplayed RGIII by LEAGUES this year.

This isn't a one game observation. I'm a huge tannehill supporter but you can't leave these points on the field especially when your offense is built around a 60 million dollar straight line burner. IMO you can't teach accuracy or fix someone's internal clock. It's troubling seeing him miss regardless if it's a timing issue or accuracy. The bottom line is that he should have 5-6 deep td's to Wallace this year and most of the time Wallace had to come back to the ball and that includes pocket throws. If this was week 3 I'd say their timing is off but it's not. He needs to fix it and quick.

Back
Top Bottom