I think one thing we ALL can agree on is that Tannehill, regardless of his ceiling, | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think one thing we ALL can agree on is that Tannehill, regardless of his ceiling,

The thing that strikes me about this board is how it is so totally delusional when compared to the rest of the league... and the country... in its ideas about the Dolphins.

The whole entire USA believes the Dolphins are a useless ireland-built team that is holding its head above water solely because of TANNEHILL'S individual toughness and determination. They see him as being well-placed when compared to luck, rg3, etc. and believe he will only get better over time.

This wannabe fan base thinks we are a budding POWERHOUSE, an awesome juggernaut being held back by Tannehill's supposed ineptitude. The Agenda at work.

The Chargers were ready to CUT Brees after his third season.

The thing that strikes me about this board is how it is so totally delusional when compared to the rest of the league... and the country... in its ideas about the Dolphins. The whole entire USA [sees him] as being well-placed when compared to luck, rg3, etc.

The agenda of the NFL is to promote promising young QB's in the media so that they can sell tickets, merchandise and advertising. They would not be inclined to be critical. However, I still haven't seen the "whole country" announce that Tannehill is as good as Luck and RGIII. What do you mean by well-placed? Because, he's placed well behind them, but has potential. If that's what you mean, then we already know that.

He threw 3/4 passes 40+ yards in the air catchable yesterday. That's accurate. In fact, that's really good.

I normaly agree with most of wht you say but not this time. I'm a Tannehill fan, believe me. But the first 2lng passes to Wallace while completed they were undertrown. Wallace made 2 nice catches but both should have been TD's if he had put it ahead. The 2nd one costed us a TD and we had to settled for a FG. Then he overtrew him which should have been nother TD. He does lots of things good but he's not hitting the long pass. Think about it, that's 3 totaly 100% TD's if he's on the money butyet we got 10 points instead of 21. That has nothing to do with a bad running game or play calling. Those 3 plays were there an he missed all 3 of them but Wallace bailed him out on 2. Anyone saying anything different is just spinning it.

Ozzy rules!!

I normaly agree with most of wht you say but not this time. I'm a Tannehill fan, believe me. But the first 2lng passes to Wallace while completed they were undertrown. Wallace made 2 nice catches but both should have been TD's if he had put it ahead. The 2nd one costed us a TD and we had to settled for a FG. Then he overtrew him which should have been nother TD. He does lots of things good but he's not hitting the long pass. Think about it, that's 3 totaly 100% TD's if he's on the money butyet we got 10 points instead of 21. That has nothing to do with a bad running game or play calling. Those 3 plays were there an he missed all 3 of them but Wallace bailed him out on 2. Anyone saying anything different is just spinning it.

Agree.

I normaly agree with most of wht you say but not this time. I'm a Tannehill fan, believe me. But the first 2lng passes to Wallace while completed they were undertrown.

We're talking about low percentage pass plays.

The first pass was fine. It was caught for a touchdown. That was a great play considering the QB was running out to his right when he threw a ****ing 55 yard bomb.

The second pass wasn't underthrown, it was thrown late. Why was it thrown late? I don't know, watch the play and see if there was a play-fake. See if that wasn't the same reason the deep pass to Wallace vs the Chargers was 'underthrown.' Incidentally, it was still a 50+ yard completion.

Ryan Tannehill's deep ball was fine yesterday. It's his decision-making when he's scrambling to his right that should concern you.

Only on a message board do people try to convince us our eyes are lying.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013112401/2013/REG12/steelers@browns#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Click on the 41 yard touchdown pass. That's not a bad throw; Ben gives Brown a chance to adjust to the ball and make a play for a touchdown. On this board, however, it would be considered a 'disaster underthrow.'

I don't think your eyes are lying, I think you need to use them. To watch more football.

He's no Aaron Rodgers but good grief people....you do realize that you're talking about a guy that has ZERO running game to use to his advantage? Every single play is pass coverage yet he's still completing at a high percentage and getting it done. Again....NO RUNNING GAME AT ALL!!! If you do not understand how big of a deal that is you should not even be posting on here and giving reasons why any QB is not the guy.

He's no Aaron Rodgers but good grief people....you do realize that you're talking about a guy that has ZERO running game to use to his advantage? Every single play is pass coverage yet he's still completing at a high percentage and getting it done. Again....NO RUNNING GAME AT ALL!!! If you do not understand how big of a deal that is you should not even be posting on here and giving reasons why any QB is not the guy.

Lack of running game has no effect at all on the fact that he threw a great pass to Mike Wallace for a touchdown yesterday or that he threw a horrendous interception and then a horrendous near interception later in the game. Lack of running game is certainly one of the reasons why our offense is limited, but it's not one of the reasons that the QB makes both good and bad throws and decisions.

I think Ryan Tannehill is going to be a good QB for this team for years to come, but it's crazy to me that people watch that game and rip the 2/4 110 1 0 line on the 40+ yard bombs and completely ignore that interception, which was godawful.

The thing that strikes me about this board is how it is so totally delusional when compared to the rest of the league... and the country... in its ideas about the Dolphins.

The whole entire USA believes the Dolphins are a useless ireland-built team that is holding its head above water solely because of TANNEHILL'S individual toughness and determination. They see him as being well-placed when compared to luck, rg3, etc. and believe he will only get better over time.

This wannabe fan base thinks we are a budding POWERHOUSE, an awesome juggernaut being held back by Tannehill's supposed ineptitude. The Agenda at work.

The Chargers were ready to CUT Brees after his third season.

Im not going to say Tannehll is holding us back but nobody can deny that he fisfired 3 times to an open Mike Wallace.....we should have gotten 21 points out of that and instead got 10.

Ozzy rules!!

We're talking about low percentage pass plays.

The first pass was fine. It was caught for a touchdown. That was a great play considering the QB was running out to his right when he threw a ****ing 55 yard bomb.

The second pass wasn't underthrown, it was thrown late. Why was it thrown late? I don't know, watch the play and see if there was a play-fake. See if that wasn't the same reason the deep pass to Wallace vs the Chargers was 'underthrown.' Incidentally, it was still a 50+ yard completion.

Ryan Tannehill's deep ball was fine yesterday. It's his decision-making when he's scrambling to his right that should concern you.

Ok, Wallace had to wait for the football on both of those passes. That means it was undertrown. Yes they wre completed but tht was thanks to Walllace making 2 great plays on te ball. You can call it late if you want but when the WR has to wait for the ball to me it means it was under.

Ozzy rules!!

Dolphins have been stuck in the evaluation mode for years.
Seems like it takes years to figure out their difficiencies.....

The team has been Consistently Inconsistent for years
They seem to be on a tred mill that produce the need to upgrade the same areas year after year which inturn continues the extended evaluation process on a time table thats not built for success. Letting quality players go only to find the need to replace down the road ex. (Welker, Bush,). And Just 2 years of Philbin and truthfully not fair to yank his chain but then the team being produced is not adequate enough to not consider such a move. Weve been stuck in this same pattern for years.
Don't know the answer but feel the biggest problem is that the organization as a whole doesn't either........ = years more of pushing for mediocrity.....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013112401/2013/REG12/steelers@browns#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Click on the 41 yard touchdown pass. That's not a bad throw; Ben gives Brown a chance to adjust to the ball and make a play for a touchdown. On this board, however, it would be considered a 'disaster underthrow.'

I don't think your eyes are lying, I think you need to use them. To watch more football.

I guess all the sportwriters also need to watch more football, because they thought there were some underthrown balls, too:

"The big plays the Dolphins envisioned when they signed Mike Wallace to a $60 million contract finally showed up. There was the 53-yard TD pass, on which Wallace was so wide open, it didn’t matter that Ryan Tannehill underthrew him. There was the 57-yarder on which it did matter that Tannehill underthrew him because the Dolphins turned that into only a field goal. And there was the 60-yard desperation pass that Wallace dropped after Tannehill underthrew him.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/...-game-panthers-at-dolphins.html#storylink=cpy

I guess all the sportwriters also need to watch more football, because they thought there were some underthrown balls, too:

"The big plays the Dolphins envisioned when they signed Mike Wallace to a $60 million contract finally showed up. There was the 53-yard TD pass, on which Wallace was so wide open, it didn’t matter that Ryan Tannehill underthrew him. There was the 57-yarder on which it did matter that Tannehill underthrew him because the Dolphins turned that into only a field goal. And there was the 60-yard desperation pass that Wallace dropped after Tannehill underthrew him.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/...-game-panthers-at-dolphins.html#storylink=cpy

:lol:

Miami beat writers are not sportswriters.

There monkeys with a keyboard..

Back
Top Bottom