I think one thing we ALL can agree on is that Tannehill, regardless of his ceiling, | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think one thing we ALL can agree on is that Tannehill, regardless of his ceiling,

I think one thing we ALL can agree on is that Tannehill, regardless of his ce...

We never played Seattle. I don't know what you're talking about. Ryan Tannehill has never played the Seattle Seahawks.

He also never played against the Browns, Colts, and Bengals......... :D

They had a huge opportunity in the 3rd quarter , Wallace was wide open and of course " Henne" I'm sorry Tannehill over threw him bad. I mean that would have been a touchdown , just like in the 2nd quarter if he would have thrown a good pass that would have been another 6 pts , and at the end of the game if he would have put the pass in front of him , instead of reaching back that would have been the game winner. So yes I feel that Tannehill does not have that " it ". He is missing what the good quarterbacks have. He is decent BUT I don't feel like he will be the elite quarterback

Trust me I really want RT to become an elite quarterback in this league. To this point he has shown flashes of brilliance, and I know it's only his second year. However, with the money we spent in the offseason he needs to show more improvement right now. I'm willing to keep him in there right now because we want him to succeed, but right now it looks like he's not progressing. Nevertheless, I'm not giving up and will be yelling at the TV next week when we beat the Jets.

Well RT did overthrow Wallace on that one toss in the 3rd. That's the first I have seen that.

He overthrew Wallace similarly against the Cleveland Browns. One could argue he overthrew him a second time against the Browns although Wallace stumbled on the route so it's hard to be certain. Also there was a play against the Ravens that looked destined to be an overthrow but Wallace was held by Jimmy Smith early in the route so again it's impossible to be certain. Some believe the deep throw in overtime against the Bengals was an overthrow. Again, pass interference grabbing Wallace around the ankles on purpose makes it impossible to know for sure but it's possible it would have overshot Wallace by a few feet.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

His ceiling is probably Pennington, noodle arm.

I hope this was sarcastic.

I hope this was sarcastic.

Dink and dunk game manage, noodle arm. That's his ceiling. His location is not as good as Pennington's yet, but he could improve over the years. I don't think he will amount to much more if that.

He pronates his wrist under the ball on deep throws much like Tyler Wilson at Arkansas. It's very correctable, however the coaches have to see it. These coaches couldn't see a mack truck hit them in the face.

Dink and dunk game manage, noodle arm. That's his ceiling. His location is not as good as Pennington's yet, but he could improve over the years. I don't think he will amount to much more if that.

I hope you're more observant in other aspects of your life than in football. Referring to Tannehill as having a Pennington-like "noodle arm" is like going outside during a hot day and saying "It's hotter than the sun out here" ... and actually meaning it.

His long balls have been off and show no signs of improvment as the season has gone on. He waits too long before releasing. If he had a faster release, fewer underthrows.

His long balls have been off and show no signs of improvment as the season has gone on. He waits too long before releasing. If he had a faster release, fewer underthrows.

He completed 2 of 4 today for over 100 yards and a touchdown. Is that not a sign of improvement? If not, what would he have to do for you to consider it an improvement? Hit Wallace in stride on 60 yard throws every single time?

Goodluck finding a QB who can do that.

Last year it was batted balls, he corrected it. Then it was pocket presence, he's now getting mobile. Now it's the deep pass. He's a rawer than average second year guy. He's always taking steps to improve. Give the kid the third year he deserves.

I have no problem with giving him another year, as long as new coaches are designing and calling the plays! However, I'd also look for another QB, and the one better at hitting Wallace in stride gets the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year it was batted balls, he corrected it. Then it was pocket presence, he's now getting mobile. Now it's the deep pass. He's a rawer than average second year guy. He's always taking steps to improve. Give the kid the third year he deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't disagree with this, and I'm anxious to see what he can do in year three with us, and I think he even deserves a year four (on another team). He's developing. But you underlined the problem. Great QB's don't usually come out of college with so many issues. I see him as very raw, and a former receiver. When I hear him speak, he even seems raw with just his presence.

Ryan has a lot of work to do, and I really wish somebody would have gotten hold of him right after the draft and really worked on his fundamentals. I think even he was a victim of his own press. It's not an easy thing, being great in the NFL. I hope he realizes he's some distance away from being that.

Sherman told us Tannehill would be the most improved QB this year. I don't see it. Yes, he's improved, but he's also making mistakes, and the instincts have not kicked in yet, either. I expected more this year from our offense as a whole, and Ryan Tannehill individually. The lack of running game is killing us. But the one good thing about it is we get to see all of what Ryan Tannehill is, because there's no run game to mask the problems.

Also, if Ryan Tannehill thinks Mike Sherman is his friend, then he's got another thing coming. Sherman is a sink or swim guy. (So is Phiblin, from what I can see). They told you they would be teachers when they came here, they're not. They could have brought in a QB-friendly tight end from the draft, they didn't. They could have gotten a better route-runner than Wallace. They could have objected when Ireland went off the rails and traded up for Jordan instead of sticking with Tavon Austin, but didn't. They said, looks fine to me, Wallace and Gibson are enough, let the kid get him the ball,...if he can.

I like Tannehill but we should all agree that at this point he's not acuae with the long pass. He had Wallace open deep 3 times and everyone should have been a TD but instead we got 1 TD 1 FG and nothing.

Ozzy rules!!

I like Tannehill but we should all agree that at this point he's not acuae with the long pass. He had Wallace open deep 3 times and everyone should have been a TD but instead we got 1 TD 1 FG and nothing.

Ozzy rules!!

He threw 3/4 passes 40+ yards in the air catchable yesterday. That's accurate. In fact, that's really good.

Back
Top Bottom