Ideal Offseason | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ideal Offseason

chambers09 said:
are you guys idiotic if im readin this right....get rid of chambers and thomas??? what..

If you think someone believes getting rid of Chambers and Thomas is an Idoit.... then yes, I am an Idiot....

CC is the most over-rated player we have on the roster and can not consistnatly get open. He runs horrible routes and he drops entirely too many balls. CC has track speed but he does not have football speed, that is why you rarely see him create anything on his own/after the catch. Frankly, he is a good (not great) 2nd receiver and is not worth the money he is slated to earn.

ZT on the other hand is a little different story. He is still productive however is has become a one demensional player. He can no longer drop back in coverage like he used to. ZT is scheduled to take up 7% of our cap, he is not worth that number. If he is willing to re-sign a smaller contract fine... no way we can keep him at 7% of our cap.

Don't agree with trading Booker. Trade Chambers for a 3rd, use that 3rd on a Safety, draft WR with #1. Keep Booker at #2, Welker, Hagan. Use 2nd on a LT, use extra 3rd on a G.

#1 WR. (hopefully we can trade down and get an additional 2nd round pick)
#2 LT
#3 S
#3 LG

Regan21286 said:
I think we should re-sign:
Sammy Morris, RB
Darian Barnes, FB
Damion McIntosh, T - cheap depth
Kendyl Jacox, G/C - see above
Vonnie Holliday, DT
Keith Traylor, NT - our run-stuffing anchor
Keith Adams, LB
David Bowens, DE
Will Poole, CB - if healthy
Travares Tillman, S - if cheap
Olindo Mare, K - if cheap

Not so sure we can get any picks for Booker or James. All those you listed in UFA will likely be re-signed or signed for beyond market price.

But I like the Joe Thomas (if Brady Quinn doesn't wow the scouts at Combine and become this year's must-have pick) and Hickman picks.

I don't know about all of them. Barnes and Traylor are the only two, maybe McIntosh if a T isn't drafted, that I'd bring back. The rest are only marginal talent, and you're only as good as your bottom players are going to get you. There's better quality depth out there.

KuD said:
Don't agree with trading Booker. Trade Chambers for a 3rd, use that 3rd on a Safety, draft WR with #1. Keep Booker at #2, Welker, Hagan. Use 2nd on a LT, use extra 3rd on a G.

#1 WR. (hopefully we can trade down and get an additional 2nd round pick)
#2 LT
#3 S
#3 LG

Couple of thoughts....

1. IF the Fins keep Booker, Hagan would be the #2 receiver and the Fins could get away with picking a receiver a little later in the draft.

2. If all the JR's that are expected to come out do, the Fins are going to be able to pickup a nice OT in the 2nd round. There are about 8 guys that are going to have a 1st to early 2nd round grade.

3. IF that is the case the Fins could go LB in the 1st

I agree with all of it except letting go of Jeno James and Will Poole. Will Poole is good, he's just been so banged up.

MARINO1384 said:
Wow.......just stop talking.....ok so you want to trade/cut Chambers and our best defensive player.....Chambers is still young and has more ability then any wide reciever coming out this year,he's an elite reciever if we'd actually throw the ball to him early instead of throwing 1 long ball in the 1st qt then waiting until we're down in the 4th and then try to get him in the game.....If you do trade Zach it isn't going to be for like anything higher then a 4th and i'd rather keep our best defensive player then risk a 4th on some young kid that most likely won't be able to be named in the same sentence as Thomas even if your comparing him to zach's worst season (which he has yet to have a bad season). Zach THomas has heart and will play until he is physically/emotionally and mentially unable to play.
Since when is Chambers an "elite receiver"? He has 1100 yards one year and he's elite? I would take Calvin Johnson, the Michigan WR, (USC)Steve Smith, Dwayne Jarrett, and probably 2 or 3 other guys in the upcoming draft before Chambers.

Bopkin02 said:
I can't imagine someone will give us a draft pick for Jeno James.
Nice post, though early.

call up Speilman its our only chance lol. James sucks

MrEd said:
Not going to happen. Not after only 2 seasons. Maybe if after next season and all the tons of cap space we have...if we don't compete. Yes. But not after just 2 seasons. Maybe Murlarkey goes though. :wink:

So Mularkey goes after 1 season, but Nick stays after two. Is that hypocrisy I smell? :confused:

MrEd said:
With the new CBA we are actually allowed to cut, (and they are going to vote on trading), "2" players prior to the start of free agency in February that would split the cap hit in half between 2007 and 2008.
So Zach should definitely be one of those "2" players, who would clear ($6.2mil). The other one should be one of either Chambers, who would clear ($4.5mil) or Mare, who would clear ($1mil).

These could notch us draft picks before the draft respectively.

Then, after free agency begins we can still cut or trade Booker, who would clear ($3.1mil); Harrington, who would clear ($3mil); and/or James, who would clear ($1mil).

In other words, we can actually be much more than the 21mil under the cap we'll have as a result of only having 36 players under contract for 2007.
Look for a total makeover this offseason. I get the butterflies thinking about it!

I would definitely pursue the likes of Steinbach, Briggs, Thomas, and/or Clement. We are sure to hit on one or two of those.

Then, draft a WR in the 1st, a LT in the 2nd, a C in the 3rd, a LB in the 4th, BPA in the 6th, and BPA in the 7th.

Should we obtain any 1st day picks from either Chambers and/or Thomas...then we can add a CB and another LB, a S, or a NT.

Should we obtain any other picks from maybe Booker or Mare... then BPA.

Now were talking

Kdawg954 said:
We just recently started over . . . u can't keep changing coaching staffs every 2 years because the one u implemented couldn't turn a 4-12 team around overnight . . . gimme a break with that nonsense. Maybe one of the coordinators but not the head coach.

The hypocrisy keeps coming. Now its both coordinators are fair game, and both of them have only been here one year.

I am not advocating giving the next coach a two year window. I am advocating telling him to do what Saban is clearly not doing...rebuild this team. We aren't younger, we are stockpiling draft picks, we aren't playing young players, we aren't strong on any area of the team but punter.

Saban is rebuilding this team around a punter, and you guys are ok with that? what is with you people?

If the coach has been asleep at the wheel for two years then he needs to go away. And Saban has been. Nothing is better on this team but Donnie Jones. And you guys want more of this.

RoninFin4 said:
I don't know about all of them. Barnes and Traylor are the only two, maybe McIntosh if a T isn't drafted, that I'd bring back. The rest are only marginal talent, and you're only as good as your bottom players are going to get you. There's better quality depth out there.

I'd keep D-Mac over Shelton. Poole if healthy is better than Lehan, Holliday's been underrated, and Adams is a solid STer.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
So Mularkey goes after 1 season, but Nick stays after two. Is that hypocrisy I smell? :confused:

No, because Saban is the one doing the hiring and firing of the assistant coaches that's why.

Then, only the owner can fire Saban. He ain't doing that until at least 3 years. trust me.

different positions have different brackets. Saban was brought in to turn the roster around.

Mularkey was brought in to call the offensive plays. he's done a very bad job so far... like I said, so far... so not a given that he's gone yet. :cooldude:

Any underachievers who either drop passes consistantly, commit stupid penalties every week or play too soft and passively need to be cut from the team. PERIOD. We have seen enough of those types of players on our team!!!!

Personally, I dont care what receiver we get rid of as long as we add a playmaker with sure hands and the ability to seperate. We could dump Booker and Chambers, dump one, or keep em all for all I care. The key is having a legitimate number one who comes to play sixteen games a year, 20 if needed. If Mularkey wants to wing it 60 times a game then keep em all and lets turn into the Colts

Back
Top Bottom