If Foster/Reddick are off the board by #22 - list your TOP 5. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Foster/Reddick are off the board by #22 - list your TOP 5.

My top 5 - who would you take? Please post your own top5 below.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Id say Lamp or Watt....Lamp solidifies our O line and we can move to getting a S, LB, and DL cause the rest of our O is fine as it is

If a top end safety is on the board we definitely have to jump on it... but BPA all the way.

Jabril Peppers seems like the easy pick to me. Very athletic prospect with the ability to play to 2 positions of need for us (safety and linebacker).

Jarrad Davis - I don't think he will last to the 2nd round like most think.

DE - Willis or Taco or Barnett - Not very excited by any DE available at this spot really, so any would be ok imo if the coaches saw otherwise. Taco seems to have the best measurables of all 3.

Forest Lamp - Seems like the safest pick at this spot if all the formerly mentioned names are picked. Wouldn't mind this pick at all as it would secure the huge area of need we have on offense.

Watt - Comes from a good pedigree. Could potentially move around from DE to LB on different downs. Multifaceted and is another player that could help us at 2 positions of need/ These type of players should be valued a bit higher than regular.

A 5'11 213 lb linebacker? No thanks. The only way I take Peppers is if I feel he can play deep safety and I would have a whole group of players (other positions) ahead of him.

A 5'11 213 lb linebacker? No thanks. The only way I take Peppers is if I feel he can play deep safety and I would have a whole group of players (other positions) ahead of him.

yep...if that's the role im envisioning him having to fill there would be a lot of guys higher up the list

Lamp
Watt
Davis
Peppers
Njoku

Lamp could be an All Pro like Martin. We've had line issues for far too long. Time to rebuild the offensive line with quality players.

Njoku
Lamp
Davis
Peppers

I believe peppers can play in our system at safety. Jones isn't a young guy and coming off injury.

Lamp in a day one starter for us and is good.

Davis is the same. He would fill in nicely on our D.

Njoku would be handy in the case of Thomas going down.

I think I'm leaning towards defense Charlton, McDowell, Willis, Reddick, maybe Watt. Hoping we can land Dorian Johnson in the 2nd to fill our guard hole

I've now got Taco and Watt on my overrated list. I don't see top 1st rd material. Especially Watt.

I dont hate those choices but I would like Willis

Fox just had a mock that got us Zach Cunningham at #22 and Dorian Johnson at #54. I would be happy with that mostly because it gets us Johnson. I'm a little lukewarm on Cunningham, prefer Reddick, Watt, Willis or Davis.

Poll should probably include option for a trade down with a team that wants to leapfrog the Texans to draft a QB. I'd consider that.

True, but there is no telling who we trade down with, and whether it includes players, etc...so its not a very good choice for a poll because its so ambiguous. I think many of us would like a trade down if its a solid deal.

I'm surprised that Lamp is the front runner....very, very surprised. I was sure it was going to be Watt. With how many people have mentioned Willis it seems like he would have been up there in the top2-3.

I can say that after being on this site for almost 15 years now...this might just be the most logical/relaxed Finheaven has been ever before. Its amazing what a good head coach and a winning season does to the morale on this board....lol. Am I right???

True, but there is no telling who we trade down with, and whether it includes players, etc...so its not a very good choice for a poll - just takes away from more "telling" results because I like many of us would like a trade down if its a solid deal.

I'm surprised that Lamp is the front runner....very, very surprised. I was sure it was going to be Watt.

My guess is that he is generally viewed as the safest pick among the 5 you listed.

TJ Watt and especially JaBell Peppers are overrated.

Njoku has immense talent but we've invested in for whatever reasons in Fasano and Thomas.

And if the Dolphins ever get their **** together on defense, Jarrad Davis being projected as a SAM doesn't warrant a 1st rd selection in that we should be playing more nickel and he'll be a 2 down player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom