If Foster/Reddick are off the board by #22 - list your TOP 5. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Foster/Reddick are off the board by #22 - list your TOP 5.

My top 5 - who would you take? Please post your own top5 below.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Peppers. I just love the idea of having him back there with Howard and Jones for years to come. Gives the defense lots of options and even gives us multiple options as to who will be covering all these talented TEs that are en vogue in the league. Go Peppers in the 1st, LB in the 2nd.

I do too dude. I guess we're in that minority. He just seems like a "football player." That cannot be understated. I get he doesn't have a "true" position. He seems like the type that can play well in different roles. Guys like him, are the ones that make great football teams. He was a heisman finalist right? He had to be doing something right. Would love Watt as a Strongside backer too

Mine are listed in the poll - please vote for the player YOU would want the most out of my picks --

Out of your picks....its Watt or Njoku. I dont think the other 3 players are 1st rounders.

My overall rankings for the prospects in this poll:

TJ Watt #5
David Njoku #6
Forrest Lamp #11
Jabril Peppers #22
Jarrad Davis #34

Very few people have a Taco craving huh? I don't know, but for me he may be my top choice. I love his size and how he sets the edge. I know there are others that will get more sack but this man is definable a hard shell Taco and will bring the beef to a front line that gets chewed up by the run.

A good GM can find guards in later rounds. Tannehill improved a lot last year, but I think we can all agree he's not on the same level as the tier 1 QBs. There's no shame in that, but we need to support Tannehill as much as possible to compete against the tier 1 guys. One way to do that is to make your receiver corps as electric as possible. Njoku would help accomplish that. Double tight end sets that they can easily run or pass out of. We still have MarQueis Gray and Fasano as well, so a 3 TE set would be dangerous as well. Jabrill Peppers is way too athletic to last until #22 imo.

I think teams would be a lot less hesitant to blitz with Njoku and Julius Thomas on the field. Try your luck and watch Njoku, Thomas, Parker, Stills, or Landry embarrass you. Sounds very enticing.

Very few people have a Taco craving huh? I don't know, but for me he may be my top choice. I love his size and how he sets the edge. I know there are others that will get more sack but this man is definable a hard shell Taco and will bring the beef to a front line that gets chewed up by the run.

We're not a blitzing defense so our pass rush has to come from the front 4. Don't see the logic in taking anyone that is not a sure fire pass rusher for us at DE in the first few rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're not a blitzing defense so our pass rush has to come from the front 7. Don't see the logic in taking anyone that is not a sure fire pass rusher for us at DE in the first few rounds.

I'm definitely not an expert in this field since I don't follow college ball, but the scouting report on him mentions "slow twitch" and "lazy." That would make me shy away.

1) Obi Melifonwu
2) Obi M
3) O. Melifonwu
4) Obi
5) Obi Obi Obi!!!

To tell you the truth I pick him before either Foster or Reddick. I think this kids a stud and with him and Jones back there we got the most dominating secondary in the league for the next 5 yrs. Plus we gotta build to beat the Patriots. Obis size takes away Gronk obvious advantage in the middle of the field. His versatility is a huge plus seeing as we can play him at corner if needed. Im all over this kid

A 5'11 213 lb linebacker? No thanks. The only way I take Peppers is if I feel he can play deep safety and I would have a whole group of players (other positions) ahead of him.

100% but the best part is that he cant play free safety, he doesnt have the range and how many INTs did he have? he is a SS, more along the lines of landon collins..
pass and take BPA i would be happy with Lamp tho...or Watt...snag Rae Macmillan outta OSU in 2nd if we take lamp in 1st...

100% but the best part is that he cant play free safety, he doesnt have the range and how many INTs did he have? he is a SS, more along the lines of landon collins..
pass and take BPA i would be happy with Lamp tho...or Watt...snag Rae Macmillan outta OSU in 2nd if we take lamp in 1st...

And not even an in the box safety. He can't stint as a LB. He gets mauled by blockers.

He's a 3rd rd project for a creative defensive coordinator that doesn't need immediate help.

We're not a blitzing defense so our pass rush has to come from the front 7. Don't see the logic in taking anyone that is not a sure fire pass rusher for us at DE in the first few rounds.

The logic is Miami ranked 30th against the run, by allowing 4.8 ypc and 140.8 ypg. The 250lbs DE's are not going to set the edge well and continue to get blown off the LOS. I get the concerns about Charlton, but I am not sure I agree with them or see them. As far as his desire goes, I would think with Ross's connections to the program Miami would know as well as anyone if there was a concern.

To tell you the truth we don't know what Burke will do. We can assume he will run it similar to Joseph, but who knows until we see them in action.

Houston and Hunter would both be top-10 picks in a re-draft. Watt posted 5.5 sacks as a rookie (same as Branch this year), and Beasley posted 4 sacks, and many were calling him a bust.

We're probably talking about different things. It seems like you're aligning your views based on what the FO will do, and I'm talking about what they should do.

Yes. I've given up (partially) on what they "should" do. I'm trying to identify needs and M.O.

I keep hearing about his range but didnt he run a 4.4 40?

The logic is Miami ranked 30th against the run, by allowing 4.8 ypc and 140.8 ypg. The 250lbs DE's are not going to set the edge well and continue to get blown off the LOS. I get the concerns about Charlton, but I am not sure I agree with them or see them. As far as his desire goes, I would think with Ross's connections to the program Miami would know as well as anyone if there was a concern.

To tell you the truth we don't know what Burke will do. We can assume he will run it similar to Joseph, but who knows until we see them in action.

It's been confirmed by both Gase and Burke that we will not be changing the scheme or philosophy of the defense. They want "continuity".

Back
Top Bottom