If Gase thinks about putting Cutler in again....... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Gase thinks about putting Cutler in again.......

Umm... I'm saying that everybody isn't trying harder just because the guy they like is in the game... my argument is that Moore simply gives them many more opportunities to make plays through his own play, where Cutler gives them close to nothing and thus their production severely drops because they simply have none of those opportunities.
u could definitely see more fire in the players on offense once moore was in the game...but u are right moore gives them better opportunities to make plays, therefore they have more confidence in matt moore

Definitely agree gase job is secure, fact is he's turned this team around, but going back to cutler after seeing moore literally wake up the team could only be a pure ego move. My wife could see that the team was a better team with Moore at the helm.

Gase is waaay to prone to clinging to former player colleagues. He isn't going to hang Cutler out to dry. I can see him making an "injury" decision. "If we weren't on a short turnaround, I would have Jay in but we need every day of practice and Jay will miss one or two with his ribs. So I have to go with Matt". Something like that.

Matt isn't a long term starting QB. He's been wasting a backup spot in Miami for years because he was never going to be relied on to start.

But he performed well today and he has always been way ahead of a disinterested and shoddy Jay Cutler. The handover has to happen and I leave it to Gase to do it in the most diplomatic way he can.

Ummmm...what???? What do you think the role of the backup QB is?? To be the STARTER, or to be relied upon to come in when the need arises as the backup and play to the best of his ability, WITHOUT the benefit of having 1st team reps for a majority of the season. No one said Moore should be the long-term starting QB. Is there someone else across this league, either active or not, that you would have wanted in this situation?

Love him, or hate him...for THIS PARTICULAR TEAM...Moore is to a backup, as Tannehill is to a starter. You CANNOT question, that this combination of QBs, DESPITE the mistakes they've made respectively, have to be those with the most heart, dedication, "never-quit" attitude, and "leave it all on the field" personalities as there are in this ENTIRE LEAGUE. They take MONSTER HITS, go down, and GET BACK UP AGAIN, and AGAIN, and AGAIN!!! Are they perfect, or win every game? No! Not even Tom Brady wins every game (yes - that's true). There's a MARKED difference when Moore is playing vs. Cutler as I see it, but you can make your own evaluations and determinations. What I mean to say is...when you have a tough-as-nails backup (Moore) backing up a tough-as-nails starter (Tannehill), what else could you ask for? He went 2-1 as a starter last year, and was instrumental in getting us to the playoffs last season. What other backup QB in the entire league accomplished that last year?

Now - I'm not calling for Cutler's benching per se, and am saddened that our current starting QB (again - love him or hate him) is hurt...no one wants that. But for the love of God - give Moore at least a bit of breathing room while this situation plays itself out. With Cutler obviously hurt, and very LITTLE turn-around time before a short-week game, allow Moore to prepare with the team the way he needs to, and fulfill the role he's asked to fill - as a backup to his starting QB. I happen to agree with the last statement of your post - so let's see what happens.

For the record - Gase should play the QB - backup or not - that gives the team the best chance to win. This coming week, it should be Moore. All the "bench Cutler" discussion (including the "you shouldn't lose your job to injury" talk), if even warranted, can take place after Thursday's game. Also - for the record, the "snap judgements" by some members of this forum change as the blowing wind. We should all just cease and desist for a while and see how things go - no more "doom & gloom" OR declaring total victory for the empire until we're either eliminated from playoff contention, or win the Super Bowl.

In the meantime, just enjoy the fact that sometimes we'll win or lose, sometimes in dramatic fashion, and EVERY team will experience that at some point in the season. Again - NO team is already predicted to win or lose every game. Be a true fan and cheer on your team!!

Congratulations today to our Miami Dolphins on a GREAT win!!

Last edited:
if gase goes back to cutler hes as good as gone...after today theres no possible way adam gase could go back to cutler

Agree 100%! Gase better go with Moore!

If anyone thinks Gase is pulling Cutler, they're in for one hell of a disappointment.

Any chance Cutler just decides coming back to play was a mistake and basically stays "injured" for the rest of the season?

if gase goes back to cutler hes as good as gone...after today theres no possible way adam gase could go back to cutler
You could not be more wrong.
Gase job is probably more secure than just about any coach outside of Bellicheck and maybe Mike Tomlin of Pittsburgh and a couple of others.
He isn't going anywhere for a long time.

Per Adam Schefter Cutler could be out 2-3 weeks with cracked ribs. So all you Moore lovers get ready!

Moore may indeed be better than Cutler, and this is how, I believe Gase played it out. If there was no Cutler then Miami had a back-up in Doughty. If Moore went down, goodbye season. However, with Cutler and Moore then it is an ideal situation with RT going down. Cutler can take all the reps, cause he needs them, Moore is prepared to come in and play well when/if QB1 gets hurt. Miami was 3-2 with Cutler, probably same with Moore. Now Gase can keep either QB at starter due to injury, Cutler makes his money, guys play hard for Moore.

Back
Top Bottom