If Gase thinks about putting Cutler in again....... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Gase thinks about putting Cutler in again.......

This is the same coach that had our 1st round pick on special teams in pre season. Would like to see him be more of a HC than a OC.

The thing is Cutler actually was playing good as well. His stats are better overall for this game so to act like Moore was so much better just isn't accurate. Sure we were losing when Cutler went down but only by a TD and Moore came in and instantly through a pick leading to a TD
I don’t like Cutler’s body language and lack of fire. When he threw the interception he looked like he wanted to head back to the sideline to go to sleep.

If that 2-3 week timetable is true, then Moore has all the opportunity in the world to make it his team. If he wins 2 or more games, buckle up.

The issue with Gase being both the head coach AND OC is that he is crafting the plays and wants execution. Moore is strongest on broken plays and gut check heaves. Those are high risk-high reward moves that take the power out of the OCs hands and puts them in the QBs. This is why the betting line is safely on Cutler resuming as the starter unless Moore can make it a non-decision.

The problem with the int from cutler is that he recognized and new where that blitz was coming from the entire time and he threw it into the defenders outstretched arms anyways.

Backed up that tight in your own end it can’t happen.

But he’s not interested in standing in anyways. Which is why we went to 3 step and move the pocket and pa calls in tbe last few weeks.

The thing is Cutler actually was playing good as well. His stats are better overall for this game so to act like Moore was so much better just isn't accurate. Sure we were losing when Cutler went down but only by a TD and Moore came in and instantly through a pick leading to a TD

A guy who hadn't played all year and probably hasn't had a rep in practice in weeks since the coach is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole throws an interception on his first drive. Wow.

If you want to bring out stats, how about the fact that in pretty much everything imaginable, both have taken a fair amount of snaps as a Dolphin under Gase and Moore is head and shoulders better.

If that 2-3 week timetable is true, then Moore has all the opportunity in the world to make it his team. If he wins 2 or more games, buckle up.

The issue with Gase being both the head coach AND OC is that he is crafting the plays and wants execution. Moore is strongest on broken plays and gut check heaves. Those are high risk-high reward moves that take the power out of the OCs hands and puts them in the QBs. This is why the betting line is safely on Cutler resuming as the starter unless Moore can make it a non-decision.

I don't agree entirely with your view. Cutler was identifying his go receiver before the snap and either throwing it to him if he's open, trying to force the ball if it's Parker, or rushing much too quickly to scramble and get rid of the ball to avoid getting hit. He can't and doesn't anticipate routes. Moore on the other hand throws guys open who Cutler couldn't hit and actually anticipates routes.

Moore has always been a "gamer" though. He throws based on chemistry, timing, and feel, and he rarely does well in preseason with scrub receivers but delivers when its a real game. It's hard for NFL coaches to not want the guy who just throws darts that they think they can coach up, rather than a timing based guy.

While watching the game cutler started his wind up to throw and i got up to make a glass of sweet tea..... when i got back the ball came out.

Defense gave up how many pts in the first quarter? The offense scored and noticed some improvements on 3rd down conversions.... Was the defense tired in the 1st quarter??? You think Cutler is the main issue? That secondary is brutal too.

Cutler was still leaving plays on tbe field. Terrible throw to Julius thomas that should have been a 22 yard gain killed a drive where pouncey got called for a hold on a play designed to go inside Ajayi bounced outside.

Both cutler pass tds on terrific play calls. Although the execution was there

Bailed out on a back foot complete bail out throw deep to stills where had he set his feet and actually threw the damn ball we might have had a big play. Luckily db can’t locate football and interferes with stills.

Unfortunately this all still looks like qb play will send us home and definitely if the defense plays like 2016 like it did for a lot of today. Although today it was more about tackling, communication, and lack of gap integrity than personnel deficiencies. With the exception being the long td over tank who got stacked.

I've been smarter than the guy coaching NFL teams for a lot of years. That's why the guys starting players like Henne, who drafted players like Ted Ginn and John Beck, the guy who traded for Culpepper instead of signing Brees, aren't here anymore. Yes these guys know more about football than me...it doesn't mean they have made good decisions as a head coach.

There are some things that Gase is good at. No doubt. The record speaks for itself. But if it were up to him Arian Foster would have started at RB all year. He wanted Peyton Manning to QB for us last year and his noodle arm he couldn't even feel anymore didn't have the TD passes left in it that Moore threw in a single game. He was wrong about Cutler but he put himself into position where he couldn't backout. He's not a God, he's human, and all except for the very best have a tendency to have failures in judgement, especially when it comes to valuing experience and familiarity.

Wtf, another genius taking things out of context. You think they're going to get 100% of their decisions correct? Good luck with that.

Edit: Actually, maybe it's not out of context. Maybe you think the coach should be infallible. Maybe you actually think you're smarter than them without any training or years of experience. Most if you do, I'm sure. Yeah, I wanted Brees of course. But just because I was right, doesn't make me any smarter than them. It was a 50/50 chance. Some people on here have unjustified egos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wtf, another genius taking things out of context. You think they're going to get 100% of their decisions correct? Good luck with that.

Out of context? Somebody was suggesting that we can never get things right that an NFL head coach doesn't because they know more about football. Actually, you just made my point for me. NFL head coaches don't get it right 100 percent of the time and sometimes its painfully obvious to nearly everyone but them.

I don't claim to be right about more things than an NFL head coach, but there are sometimes where fans and reporters clearly see things. Being a coach can actually cloud your judgement. Different sport, but I saw Joe Maddon almost lose the World Series for the Cubs last year when he brought in a starting pitcher as a reliever mid-inning even though he said before the game it only made sense to bring him in to start an inning. Lead promptly blown. So an MLB manager in game 7 of the World Series made a move even he knew didn't make logical sense...he did it because coaches make bad decisions sometimes.

Out of context? Somebody was suggesting that we can never get things right that an NFL head coach doesn't because they know more about football. Actually, you just made my point for me. NFL head coaches don't get it right 100 percent of the time and sometimes its painfully obvious to nearly everyone but them.

I don't claim to be right about more things than an NFL head coach, but there are sometimes where fans and reporters clearly see things. Being a coach can actually cloud your judgement. Different sport, but I saw Joe Maddon almost lose the World Series for the Cubs last year when he brought in a starting pitcher as a reliever mid-inning even though he said before the game it only made sense to bring him in to start an inning. Lead promptly blown. So an MLB manager in game 7 of the World Series made a move even he knew didn't make logical sense...he did it because coaches make bad decisions sometimes.

Maybe we're making the same point then.

What you're missing out on though is that when Moore came into the game and toss an INT right away. The Jets turned that into a TD and gave themselves a 28-14 lead. At that point I think it was clear that Moore stoked the inner competitor of his teammates and they responded by playing better simply because Moore was now in the game as opposed to Cutler. Who was having a miserable day having thrown for 12 of 16 with 2 TD, 1 INT and a 114 passer rating.

What Moore did after that though, going by the avg poster on these forums point of view, was he held the Jets to zero points. Which clearly is a sign that the defense was motivated by Moore being in the game. No need to be aware of how well they played in the 2nd half last week against the Falcons though. That doesn't fit the narrative. Heck the spectacular catches were because the WR like Moore better so they caught the hard to catch throws and have been dropping the easy ones the last 3 weeks because they didn't like the other QB. Which also makes sense because none of them were worried about winning or making more money. Most NFL players don't let that kind of thing get in the way of sabotaging a fellow player.

What you're also missing is that Moore gets credit for the defense getting its only turnovers and 2 huge turnovers in the 4th QTR. Something they clearly were unlikely to do had Cutler stayed in the game. At least going by the common logic on this site.

They also got a couple of huge sacks against a QB they had allowed to thrown 3 TD on them in the 1st half of the game and hardly put a hand on the 1st half of the game.

Again they may have also done so last week against Ryan but that was probably also motivated by hope that Moore would be the QB at some point. Moore gets credit for the defense getting the big INT and only 2 sacks in the 2nd half last week as well. Only makes sense right?

I think going by the above facts, you just need to admit that had Cutler stayed in the game, the team was ready to quit and no way the Dolphins win with him at the helm. Where as Moore came in and immediately got them headed in the right direction by spotting the opposing team an INT which they immediately turned into a 14 point lead. It seems so simple after having read through these forums as to what really happened today.

Sad that people didn't see Cutler was having a good game and that Moore came in and played well himself. The defense turned it around in the 2nd half as well and as crazy as it sounds. I think the defense was capable of doing so had Cutler stayed in the game too but again that might make me crazy in the head.

Sad that people didn't see Cutler was having a good game and that Moore came in and played well himself. The defense turned it around in the 2nd half as well and as crazy as it sounds. I think the defense was capable of doing so had Cutler stayed in the game too but again that might make me crazy in the head.

Cutler had a better QBR than Moore if i recall correctly, the narrative for me is despite the fact that Cutler was working on his best game as a Dolphin perhaps, the backup came in and reminded us what a real QB and competitor looked like. I'm not discounting the success Cutler had earlier - you are correct aside from the int he made some plays, but the offense was running in another gear with Moore. Also, we cannot simply dismiss the futility we've seen from Cutler's offense over huge stretches. Was that period of futility over? We may never know, but it did happen.

EDIT: It's entirely possible that Moore stinks it up in Balt, but just going by today the fans clamoring for Moore were correct to do so. Gase has shown himself to be a good coach in many ways, but i think he is making as mistake in his "to the death" defense of Cutler.

Back
Top Bottom