If Jason Allen develops as the CB opposite Will Allen... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jason Allen develops as the CB opposite Will Allen...

Maybe you should show atleast a slight grasp on english grammar and punctuation before attempting to talk down to someone, don't you think?

Fact is our passing attack has been pretty limited up until today. How much of those pass yards came from WRs and how much from the backs and TEs? Today Ginn had a good game, but where was he, and all the other receivers, up until now. Its foolish to look at one game and think that our need at WR is gone now. WR is still very much a need for this team......

Not really because it has nothing to do with English Grammar, its called TYPO's and I wasnt talking down to anyone. Maybe you should take it easy on the stupid things such as that before you stress yourself out.

No one said its gone. NO ONE said that. And like i said before and many times, go watch film from ARZ game and BALT game many times WR wer eopen but Penny never attempted the throw due to his arm strenght. Why did henne magically connect with WR when he came in? And dont give me any "they were in prevent" type of stuff. If you watch the film you will see on the first pass to Camarilio had his arm strenght not been what it was it would have been a PICK possibly PICK 6. He snuck it in there within a split second.

You shouldnt have taken the original post hte wrong way I didnt mean to sound like a dick.

Haynesworth can't be tagged.. that was part of the agreement he signed with the tenn... he will be UFA

No joke? I had no idea about that. Do you have a link or anything to confirm it......?

No joke? I had no idea about that. Do you have a link or anything to confirm it......?

There you go - per rotoworld:

"Haynesworth signed a one-year franchise tender , with provisions that would prevent the Titans from using the tag again next year. Those provisions that will earn him the desired status for next season include (1) if he qualifies for the Pro Bowl, (2) if he participates in 60 percent of the snaps on defense, (3) if he participates in 53 percent of the snaps and the team wins 10 games or more, and (4) if he participates in 53 percent of the snaps and the Titans finish in the league’s top five in total defense. Those seem to be very reasonable goals for Haynesworth this season, and thus we expect he will be an urestricted free agent next season"

you tell me if he wont meet any of the above provisions.

This is one cat I would love to have but the entire league will be after him

"Haynesworth signed a one-year franchise tender , with provisions that would prevent the Titans from using the tag again next year. Those provisions that will earn him the desired status for next season include (1) if he qualifies for the Pro Bowl, (2) if he participates in 60 percent of the snaps on defense, (3) if he participates in 53 percent of the snaps and the team wins 10 games or more, and (4) if he participates in 53 percent of the snaps and the Titans finish in the league’s top five in total defense. Those seem to be very reasonable goals for Haynesworth this season, and thus we expect he will be an urestricted free agent next season"

and it appears he has his head on his shoulders b/c he said when that "stepping on teh guy thing happened" he didnt want to leave the NFL with his kids knowing he was the guy that did that. If so, bring the monster to MIAMI!

Damn. He is going to easily reach it by participating in 60% of the snaps. Thanks for the link.

He would command an absolute monster of a contract. The problem with that is I don't see Parcells giving it. Even if he was willing, Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder would end up offering 15M more than the next team when they get eliminated from the playoffs......

Damn. He is going to easily reach it by participating in 60% of the snaps. Thanks for the link.

He would command an absolute monster of a contract. The problem with that is I don't see Parcells giving it. Even if he was willing, Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder would end up offering 15M more than the next team when they get eliminated from the playoffs......

we can have Randy Starks talk him in to it ... maybe that was the plan all along :D

if we could secure Haynesworth via Free Agency, it could be the one piece that absolutely propels the D into Dominance. it would also allow us to target a high pick on offense since Haynesworth will make our LB's better, as well as our whole secondary by being a beast requiring double/triple teams.

NT is a huge position of need for us with fergie being a thousand years old and solai being such a question mark. Haynesworth would be the anchor of a D that could crush.

he'd make for such an immediate improvement on D that i would consider using our #1 on offense (crabtree) and using 2a +2b on LB and Safety.

i'll end my rant and say that signing Haynesworth would give us an opportunity to become a dominant defensive team.

DE: langford
NT: Haynesworth
DE: merling

ROLB: porter
ILB: crowder
ILB: ayodele/ '09 2nd rounder
LOLB: roth

CB: w.allen
CB: '09 1st rounder
SS: bell
FS: '09 2nd rounder
NB: j.allen, goodman

and some promising depth with players like starks, moses, solai. possible return of veterans in holliday and fergeson.

when tuna got fergie i remember hearing it was basically a 1-yr stopgap to Haynesworth anyway.

the more i think about it, the more we have to do it

Answer: No nad no. We sign Albert Haynesworth in free agency and the Dolphin pass rush becomes unmanageable for opposing offenses.

Then we draft Vontae(the Hall of Famer)Davis in the 1st round and Chip Vaughn in the third and we sign Will Allen to a contract extension and re-sign Hill as well if he comes cheap and our secondary is good and deep.

Vaughn
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33828&draftyear=2009&genpos=SS

If that's the same #9 I saw at the Wake-Miami game on Saturday, the one who got juked out of his shoes for a Robert Marve 43-yard run and then got trucked by him on another play, I dunno about that. Check out some animated gif's of what I'm talking about:
http://www.miami-hurricanes.com/forum/tm.asp?m=497626&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

Jason Allen, Will Allen(the Allen Bros) can man the starting cOrner spots for years to come. Goodman seems to be developing as a legit CB meaning it would serve us good to bring him back to man a NB spot.

we can have Randy Starks talk him in to it ... maybe that was the plan all along :D
That would be awesome, but I don't see it happening. Some DTs don't like playing in a 3-4 because it doesn't let them stat-whore. This is the same thing with MLBs (I believe Ray Lewis said something to this effect). That having been said, I would be ecstatic if we got Haynesworth to play NT.

Do we go NT in the first round? Or do we go FS to replace Hill?

NT or SLB. we're struggling against the run lately and outside of Porter there's no one who can bring constant pressure on the QB. that said, CB still remains a possibility.

as for WR, i like how the Packers manage that position. they usually spend a second-rounder on a WR and their corps is looking pretty strong right now. that would be my plan.

i say best avalible defensive player for our first 3 picks or maybe another big o'lineman you can never have to many good o'lineman, besides it depends on who the fins sign as FA. but my first 3 picks would definetly be defensive players be it d'line, DB, LB... which ever one has the best imediate impact players avalible, we still need alot of play makers all over the field on defense.

That would be awesome, but I don't see it happening. Some DTs don't like playing in a 3-4 because it doesn't let them stat-whore. This is the same thing with MLBs (I believe Ray Lewis said something to this effect). That having been said, I would be ecstatic if we got Haynesworth to play NT.

Not to mention stat-whores command bigger paychex........

id like to see us go wr but i really think it depends where we end up in the draft early than maybe a top wr or cb lets see what pick we get there are still a lot of holes on this team and we could go in a few directions and fa always plays a role also.

Back
Top Bottom