If Miami were to take Chance Warmack | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami were to take Chance Warmack

Honestly with the WR's in this years draft, there really isn't a sure #1 to take. There alot of potentially good receivers but no really exciting one. I would be ok with us taking a lineman, if he really is that good. Thats how you build GREAT teams, you take the pieces as they become available and you don't reach or break the bank trying for one.

I wont be upset if,
- Top 3 LTs are ALL gone at 12
- Dee Milliner is gone

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. Time to leave the "safe pick" cubby hole and make a move, especially since the safe picks have gotten us to this point.

We cannot take Warmack at 12. It's the safe play and the safe play doesn't cut if you don't have a bonafide QB at the helm.

The only players you can take at 12 at IMPACT positions. The following positions are ones that have more impact on a game:

Franchise QB
Playmaking WR (think TDs and chunk yards)
Home Run All-Purpose RB
Ballhawk/Shutdown DB
Stellar Passrusher

Just ask yourself, what is the Drop of from Joe Thomas to Bryant McKinnie?
How about the drop off from Joe Flacco to Brandon Weeden?

We have to get an Impact player this year at 12. Ireland needs to grow a pair and pass up an excellent OG for a potential game changer.

In this draft with few true superstars, if we are lucky enough to have warmack fall to 12, you jump on it. Pouncey,Warmack,and martin you have 3 very good young o-line man, mixed in with a young qb.

Why? Our guards played solid last year, so heck no!!!!

We cannot take Warmack at 12. It's the safe play and the safe play doesn't cut if you don't have a bonafide QB at the helm.

The only players you can take at 12 at IMPACT positions. The following positions are ones that have more impact on a game:

Franchise QB
Playmaking WR (think TDs and chunk yards)
Home Run All-Purpose RB
Ballhawk/Shutdown DB
Stellar Passrusher

Just ask yourself, what is the Drop of from Joe Thomas to Bryant McKinnie?
How about the drop off from Joe Flacco to Brandon Weeden?

We have to get an Impact player this year at 12. Ireland needs to grow a pair and pass up an excellent OG for a potential game changer.

I think Warmack is an impact player. He just happens to be a guard. If he is there at twelve I say take him...

I honestly would be cool with him at 12 assuming he has the mobility to play in the zone scheme. If Miami picks him then they are convinced that he can. Watching him play was like watching a man among boys out there and he was doing it against top notch talent week in and week out. You can plug him in as a starter on day one and have a pro bowl caliber player protecting Tannehill and blowing open monster holes for Miller to run through. Tannehill showed a lot of promise last season but he was pressured a lot up the middle. He didn't have a lot of room to step up and avoid pressure from the edges. I don't care what anyone says, protecting him is a good investment.

i know a lot of people want to see WR @12 but most seem to forget that the failure rate is generally high at that position and that it is not unusual for it to take a couple of years for WR's to develop. I would rather double down on WR in the 2nd & 3rd round.

if he played as well as Pouncey... it would be hard to say no thanks

I think Warmack is an impact player. He just happens to be a guard. If he is there at twelve I say take him...

He is a great player, but an impact player? Adrian Peterson had two OGs who were 6th round picks blocking for him.

Carl Nicks - 5th round pick
Marshal Yanda - 3rd round pick
Evan Mathis - 3rd round pick

Al great OGs and considered the best in the business. You can find 'impact' OG in the mid rounds.

SKIP TO ABOUT 1:07 SECONDS

[video=youtube_share;pEsSPOUTuvo]http://youtu.be/pEsSPOUTuvo[/video]

Warmack is a Monster. might be the safest pick in the draft

I wouldn't be opposed to trading down a couple of slots if possible and drafting Johnathan Cooper from UMC, (go heels). He is just as solid of a pick as Warmack, and might actually be a better guard in a ZBS offensive line. If of course, we were going to go that route, but still wouldn't help our tackle problem if Long leaves.

Back
Top Bottom