If Miami were to take Chance Warmack | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami were to take Chance Warmack

Yes, It would be safe, but Det, Tenn, and maybe even Buff and the Jets would be interested, Buff especially if they lose Levitre...Jets? They need so much help, he might just be as good a start as they can have...The brightside is, guys like Damontre Moore, Jarvis Jones, Woerner, Milliner and Mingo increase their odds of being available to us...especially with guys like DT Floyd and Richardson moving up the boards

Strangely I wouldn't be that pissed, Warmack is a beast, the type of guard who comes out only every so often, would shore up the line and even a below average back could run behind him. I dont think its likely to happen though, for the simple fact that if we go offensive line in the first round, we take a tackle. Any of the top three tackles would be good value at 12th pick. Warmack is not going to fall and even if he did, a guard might be less value to us than a tackle depending what happens with Jake Long.

Id be ok with it as long as we drafted his whole family as well.

Seriously though, he's an excellent player, if he were somehow there at 12 id rather trade down for more picks.

warmacks a nice player and good looking move athlete...not quite the move athlete that fellow og jonathon cooper is however and warmack can struggle with strength over his face...can get stood up and moved a little against legit strength...no question he's an upgrade at left guard for us but i wouldn't expect him to take on power pigs all that much by himself early in his career...would be a better feet and move athlete next to mike pouncey in our system...plug and play left guard

He is a great player, but an impact player? Adrian Peterson had two OGs who were 6th round picks blocking for him.

Carl Nicks - 5th round pick
Marshal Yanda - 3rd round pick
Evan Mathis - 3rd round pick

Al great OGs and considered the best in the business. You can find 'impact' OG in the mid rounds.

you can name receivers also... Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace. both found in the 3rd round.
hopefully its a Receiver @ 12 in my opinion..

you can name receivers also... Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace. both found in the 3rd round.
hopefully its a Receiver @ 12 in my opinion..

The way the NFL is today, investing a top 15 pick in an OG when you don't have an elite QB is a good way to remain irrelavent.

Any pick that will help RTannehill and his weapons is ok with me, and if Warmack is a once-in-a-decade stud G, let´s go for it!!

At this point, I don't give a **** who he drafts. He can draft a kicker for all I care so long whatever plan he has for the offense works and we're no longer in the gutter of NFL offenses. All I want is a ton of TDs and playoffs next year, so I no longer care how he does it. If he fails to build a team that can accomplish both of those things, well, at least we have some awesome line play. Well, except for the RT, LT, or whatever other cornfed we need to address with a 1st again next year. We can tell those chumps in the playoffs how dominating our interior line is and how the W-L column is for suckers. :d-day:

is this guy anymore "cant miss" than Decastro last year? He slipped into the 20's. I'll defer to the resident college scouts here on FH, but I'm not sold on taking a guard at 12. I cant wait for FA to get going so we can actually make some legitimate predictions on what to expect in the draft.

Personally I'd rather have Andy Levitre and the most explosive offensive player (WR), DB (Millner), or DE available at 12. If we are serious about taking an OG in round 1, i bet we could trade down into the 20's and be virtually assured of getting one of these top 2 guys.

oh god no. levitre will cost. with the draft the way it is now, to land a warmack is primetime and I never thought it would be suggested and accepted by people on this board. But hey, this guy is a roadgrader and understands a zone concept. We may let Long walk and not even draft a T til later if we get this guy cus Jerry will move outside and Yeatman will get looksies day one at LT should we do this.

I am allright with drafting this kid.

Let me say that if Chance Warmack is available at 12th spot, something wrong happened.

Top spots of this draft with decent QB have serious problems at OL. As Detroit, San Diego & Philadelphia come to my mind I see few chances that a stud like him could be available by the time Miami picks.

That said I think that a solid O-Line would allow the playmakers to shine.
Also we have to figure out what kind of additions & subtractions will be made before draft.

As today, few things are facts, but this is what rumors and common sense marks on Dolphins' own free agents:

OT Jake Long (UFA) - Money and not fitting zone-bllocking lead to assume he'll be plying elsewhere in 2013
CB Sean Smith (UFA) - There's a 50/50 chance he will be back with Dolphins
RB Reggie Bush (UFA) - Jeff Ireland is acting punk on him, arguing sophomore Lamar Miller will replace 2012 best player. Few chances of comeback.
QB Matt Moore (UFA) - Moore wants a chance to start, but that window could be closed as soon as May. I see him comming back.
WR Brian Hartline (UFA) - FO wants him back and both side are dealing a contract that could make him wear his Dolphins' uniform for his whole career.
DT Randy Starks (UFA) - Some rumors say he'll be back and some others claim he won't. I think Dolphins will focus on playmakers and could lose him.
TE Anthony Fasano (UFA) - Ireland loves his work ethics but is open to test the market looking for upgrade. I see him coming back in 2013.
S Chris Clemons (UFA) - Aside of Hartline this is another pleyer in close talks to return. I see him as the surest return.
DT Tony McDaniel (UFA) - Tony is important part of defensive line rotation, but not a starter anymore, his return is somehow unlikely.
G Nate Garner (UFA) - Nate play well at every spot on the O-line, but somehow below starting class. His low value on the market should bring him back.
K Nate Kaeding (UFA) - Kicker are replaceable in our days, I see him returning after testing the market.

CB Bryan McCann (RFA) - As any Restricted Free Agent, McCann has huge chances of staying, but as team will add important CB, lasting long is unlikely.
S Jonathan Amaya (RFA) - Johnathan will be resigned at low price, and must prove his worth or won't be here in 2014.
LB Austin Spitler (RFA) - Austin will see a standard 1-2 years contract offer in his hands and return to grow as LB.
TE Jeron Mastrud (RFA) - Jeron won't see a tender until last instant, as FO is looking for upgrades at the spot.
WR Marlon Moore (RFA) - Like Mastrud, Moore will have to be patient, as Dolphins will be fixing WR spot and could offer him a very low sheet.

On potential additions, the things is more complicated and my Utopian list includes:
WR Victor Cruz (RFA) NYG - Costing Dolphins 2014 1st round pick, Victor should restore respect on receiving corps.
TE Jared Cook (UFA) TEN - OK, I said Utopia. He will be unavailable one Titans places a franchise tag on him, in this Utopia, Titans GM forgets to tag him.
TE Dustin Keller (UFA) NYJ - Assuming Cook is unavailable, Keller could be a fine option to upgrade TE spot and extracting talent from division opponent.
TE Todd Heap (UFA) ARI - With Cook or Keller or without any of them, Heap is a great cheap option after his miserable year with Cardinals.
CB Marcus Trufant (UFA) SEA - A fill for Sean Smith.

Being rational, my guess is Dolphins will add:
WR Mike Wallace (UFA) PIT - Costing Dolphins something close to 60 milllions in 5 years. :(
TE Kevin Boss (UFA) KC - Questionable but somehow an upgrade.
WR Josh Cribbs (UFA) CLE - Adds skills to WR corps.
WR Steve Breaston (UFA) KC - Fine addition to WR corps.
CB Cedric Griffin (UFA) WAS - A fill for CB spot.
LT Sam Baker (UFA) ATL - Jake Long's replacement.

Then adding Chance Warmack will be acceptable because he should be BPA and a filler for Garner. I would be worried on how fitted is Warmack for zone-blocking.

Your comment made me laugh out loud. Too true! A tad cynical, but not without good reason. I too dont give a **** who he drafts as long as our offense starts vaguely resembling something like an actual offense and we start scoring some td's. Won't that be a refreshing change.
At this point, I don't give a **** who he drafts. He can draft a kicker for all I care so long whatever plan he has for the offense works and we're no longer in the gutter of NFL offenses. All I want is a ton of TDs and playoffs next year, so I no longer care how he does it. If he fails to build a team that can accomplish both of those things, well, at least we have some awesome line play. Well, except for the RT, LT, or whatever other cornfed we need to address with a 1st again next year. We can tell those chumps in the playoffs how dominating our interior line is and how the W-L column is for suckers. :d-day:

Back
Top Bottom