If Moore was in from the start.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Moore was in from the start....

We wont get a top 5 pick. We have too many wins. Believe it or not their are teams worse than us.

If Miami plays up to their #32 offensive scoring rating, I can say we have a heckuva chance.

Moore has two good games of three (67%) at this point.

Cutler has three of nine (33%).

Should we list the one shutout Cutler had and the two other virtual shutouts? Why do guys want to believe the book is written after one game on a short week against a shutout caliber defense but when a guy is a supposed "starter" he's allowed to have duds over and over, along with virtually no real impressive performances?

If you started Moore all season long surely you would have some duds. We had one this year. But Moore also throws downfield and gives his receivers a chance better than any QB we've had since ?. He did it in 2011, he did it last year. He did it twice this year. Jay Cutler brings almost no outstanding games, singlehandedly loses it sometimes, and will always be a victim of his cirumstances as he doesn't care enough to really play football and take hits at this point in his career. The whole idea of one guy being a "starter" and one guy only being backup caliber is ridiculous.

I like Moore. I have previously called him to the "Fire Fighter's QB".

Moore thrives in "back to the wall", "us against them" and "come in and rally the team" roles. This is why the league wouldn't touch him as a FA and why he can get shut down when teams game plan for him.

He has a fire and gunslinger mentality that is contagious when he enters the game. But that is because the D has not game planned for him.

He is the prototypical backup QB. Sadly that is his ceiling. But when he is needed, he delivers. It's just that he has glaring weaknesses as a starting QB that prepared D's can shut down.

The real assessment is RT is the franchise and is injured, Cutler is a bum and Moore is strictly a backup.

Among all of the other mismanaged situations on this team, RT as the starter and Moore as #2 really needs a developmental QB #3 to be prepared to take over for RT. Moore can handle in-game backup QB roles. But we need a developed QB 3 to step in for RT long term, if needed, or to succeed him.

What you are seeing is the exposed and blatantly ignored flaw of using the QB1 and QB2 system in today's league to free up a roster spot. And it is response to the lack of QB talent available in the league.

But it also illustrates the need of committing and developing a long term QB3. If the raw talent isn't there, develop it. Apparently, teams can't do that either.

This practice of conceding an entire season because you don't have anyone behind your QB1 isn't an acceptable answer in other businesses. You build options. That's why coaches should earn their money; coaching.

We can argue all day when the best qb on the field today was the tampa backup. Not one qb on the field is an nfl starter

Reactions: MD
I like Moore. I have previously called him to the "Fire Fighter's QB".

Moore thrives in "back to the wall", "us against them" and "come in and rally the team" roles. This is why the league wouldn't touch him as a FA and why he can get shut down when teams game plan for him.

He has a fire and gunslinger mentality that is contagious when he enters the game. But that is because the D has not game planned for him.

He is the prototypical backup QB. Sadly that is his ceiling. But when he is needed, he delivers. It's just that he has glaring weaknesses as a starting QB that prepared D's can shut down.

The real assessment is RT is the franchise and is injured, Cutler is a bum and Moore is strictly a backup.

Among all of the other mismanaged situations on this team, RT as the starter and Moore as #2 really needs a developmental QB #3 to be prepared to take over for RT. Moore can handle in-game backup QB roles. But we need a developed QB 3 to step in for RT long term, if needed, or to succeed him.

What you are seeing is the exposed and blatantly ignored flaw of using the QB1 and QB2 system in today's league to free up a roster spot. And it is response to the lack of QB talent available in the league.

But it also illustrates the need of committing and developing a long term QB3. If the raw talent isn't there, develop it. Apparently, teams can't do that either.

This practice of conceding an entire season because you don't have anyone behind your QB1 isn't an acceptable answer in other businesses. You build options. That's why coaches should earn their money; coaching.

Well Moore is a million times better than a lot of developmental QB's will ever be. Just look at Hundley in GB, where QB's were fairly plug and play. Look at Savage in Houston, who finally had a good game after how many tries? He'll go back to being a bottom feeder next week.

I've watched plenty of QB's in this league and seen a lot of non-franchise guys go 9-7, 10-6, even 11-5, and not always on great teams. Just on the Dolphins we've seen Fiedler, Frerotte, and Pennington have winning seasons. If you have a QB who shows up to fight and has the ability to make plays (and how anybody could watch Moore over the last two years and see the way he can repeatedly hit receivers in stride better than any Dolphins QB in the last 17 years could think he doesn't make plays is beyond me) you can be competitive. You're going to run into some teams like Baltimore that are gonna give you a hard time (though it does bear mentioning that Tannehill lost 38-6 to Baltimore while Moore lost 40-0) but a guy who mans up to makes plays can have a successful season and motivate his teammates to elevate as well.

We can argue all day when the best qb on the field today was the tampa backup. Not one qb on the field is an nfl starter

Moore was more productive in two quarters than Fitz was through the entire game, and he also threw a perfect deep ball to a receiver in stride to tie it late, so I would definitely give props to him, but Fitz had a very solid game too.

Well Moore is a million times better than a lot of developmental QB's will ever be. Just look at Hundley in GB, where QB's were fairly plug and play. Look at Savage in Houston, who finally had a good game after how many tries? He'll go back to being a bottom feeder next week.

I've watched plenty of QB's in this league and seen a lot of non-franchise guys go 9-7, 10-6, even 11-5, and not always on great teams. Just on the Dolphins we've seen Fiedler, Frerotte, and Pennington have winning seasons. If you have a QB who shows up to fight and has the ability to make plays (and how anybody could watch Moore over the last two years and see the way he can repeatedly hit receivers in stride better than any Dolphins QB in the last 17 years could think he doesn't make plays is beyond me) you can be competitive. You're going to run into some teams like Baltimore that are gonna give you a hard time (though it does bear mentioning that Tannehill lost 38-6 to Baltimore while Moore lost 40-0) but a guy who mans up to makes plays can have a successful season and motivate his teammates to elevate as well.
This. And how come our HC doesn't see it:

upload_2017-11-19_17-9-8.png

Let me leave this here:
Ryan Tannehill
31 2013 2013-12-22 15 25-148 MIA @ BUF L 0-19 10 27 37.04 82 0 0 45.6
32 2013 2013-12-29 16 25-155 MIA NYJ L 7-20 * 20 40 50.00 204 1 3 42.1

Matt Moore
2016 2016-12-17 14 32-130 MIA @ NYJ W 34-13 * 12 18 66.67 236 4 1
2016 2016-12-24 15 32-137 MIA @ BUF W 34-31 * 16 30 53.33 233 2 1 87.2
All this proves is that this team has nothing but mediocre QBs. Here’s hoping they pick up a better option for that spot in the upcoming draft.

Cutler was at fault for one bad interception. Was he at fault for Parker popping the football up to a defender? For Parker slipping? For Landry fumbling the ball? Come on.

He was not at fault for the one that was in Parker's hands, but the one where Parker fell, it would have been behind him. Not a good throw there. That one is on him. I think it's intercepted even if Parker stays on his feet.

Back
Top Bottom