If Moore was in from the start.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Moore was in from the start....

The Carolina Panthers drafted Kuechly then followed it up with #1 overall pick Cam Newton. Did they not just make an appearance at the SB?

You use early picks to build the foundation of a franchise or help establish a identity.

Done with this thread. This Franchise would be better off finishing 4-12, and have the ability to acquire some elite talent. Any wins here on out are meaningless and hurt the possible chance of doing something worthwhile moving forward. This Franchise has to get it right sometime. Or not.

Again, you are using games we have lost before. Losing to NE is not new to us. Doesn't matter who the QB is or was. Losing in Pittsburgh, in snow, in the playoffs has given many teams fits.
The Jets last year game planned for him as well. So did Buffalo. We can go around as much as we want to. Moore will not start for us as long as we have a starting QB in Tannehill. But under the circumstances there is no harm in letting him continue. It is not just the turnovers (INTs) today. Cutler looks for the most part pathetic out there. If we have to lose at least I like to lose with some excitement not sleep inducing.
Agreed. And the crazy thing - Moore’s career W/L % is better than Cutlers. Impressive considering Moore was always on bad teams (panthers and fins) while Jay had good teams around him for many years in Denver and Chicago. I don’t buy this “game plan for Moore” BS right now. Gameplanning for Cutler has to be easier since he can’t make you pay deep when you blitz like Matt has consistently done this year.

He offers up no solutions. Except to mock and shame. While defending a crappy product.

A top 5 pick can be parlayed into many things. But from Ross down, and even before Ross, will the right decisions be made? But hey go 7-9/8-8 get a Top 15 pick, and have no chance at a elite talent or possible picks. Status quo.
Of course I did not offer a solution. No need to give someone a solution who roots for a team to lose to live in that old world of having top 5 picks plus you didn't ask me.
I don't care how long you have been a fan. The only "fans" rooting for losses of their "favorite" team are those whose investment is the occasional jersey and otherwise a 6 pack of Miller lite on Sundays to watch the game.

And you bet I mock and shame those rooting against my favorite football team. Any Dolfan rooting against the Dolphins (for whatever reasons) are placed on the shelve right next to Jets fans.

Didn't the Atlanta Falcons draft Matt Ryan #3? Did they not just goto a Super Bowl? Did Atlanta build there team around Matt Ryan?

Good for you. You found a team. In nearly 20 years. Now in case of a QB it would be the only reason to draft high though even the past has shown that top 5 QB picks more often do not work out rather than being THE guy.
In our case though we do have our franchise QB don't we?

The Carolina Panthers drafted Kuechly then followed it up with #1 overall pick Cam Newton. Did they not just make an appearance at the SB?

Cam was not the foundation. He was a complementary pick. The years before Cam was picked the Panthers were not just chopped liver like we are. They fiddled between mediocrity and Superbowl and NFC Championship game.
But again you are talking QB.

No matter how you twist it: rooting for your favorite team to lose is crap. End of story.

The problem with Matt Moore is that you never know what you are going to get with him. He is hot and cold.

Moore was magical in the comeback win against the Jets and sparked the team in a near comeback against Tampa Bay. But he also had that game against Baltimore where he threw two pick 6's and was downright awful.

Moore plays with Bret Favre's mentality, which I love. Unfortunately, he doesn't have Favre's talent.

Pissing and moaning isn't going to change the fact that as long
as the Cutler/Gase love affair continues nothing will change

Cutler will start and Gase will continue to make excuses for him

Let me leave this here:
Ryan Tannehill
31 2013 2013-12-22 15 25-148 MIA @ BUF L 0-19 10 27 37.04 82 0 0 45.6
32 2013 2013-12-29 16 25-155 MIA NYJ L 7-20 * 20 40 50.00 204 1 3 42.1

Matt Moore
2016 2016-12-17 14 32-130 MIA @ NYJ W 34-13 * 12 18 66.67 236 4 1
2016 2016-12-24 15 32-137 MIA @ BUF W 34-31 * 16 30 53.33 233 2 1 87.2

You are literally comparing apples to buildings.

You are looking at Tannehill's second season. His second season he had Hartline and Wallace as primary receivers. In 2016 The receivers were Landry and Stills.

In 2013 we had no running game. In 2016 Ajayi had 1200 yards.

2013 Philbin. 2016 Gase

Not to mention the jets and bills were completely different teams too.

There are no constants in your comparisons

While I'm not a fan of Moore, I believe the reason for sucking against Baltimore has less to do with the QBs and everything to do with Philbin building a "finesse" team that is consistently dominated by tough, physical teams. And, Gase's team runs an offense and defense similar to what Philbin ran... which apparently can be described as the opposite of tough and physical.

Our recent history against Baltimore is astonishingly bad and it doesn't seem to matter who the QB is, they pretty much dominate us because they identify the ever-present weakness in this team and know how to exploit it all game long regardless of how good of a roster they have. They are just well coached, at least against us. They were the only team besides NE to beat us once we got going in the wildcat year, and they did it once in the regular season, then again in the playoffs. They stole one from us when we could have been building a strong season in 2013. They crushed us in 2014 when beating them would have made it extremely difficult for us to lose a wildcard spot. We won a putrid game in 2015 against them with a QB who hasn't won a start practically since Obama's first turn, and they were the only team to beat us in the second half of last year except for a meaningless NE game.

Of course I did not offer a solution. No need to give someone a solution who roots for a team to lose to live in that old world of having top 5 picks plus you didn't ask me.
I don't care how long you have been a fan. The only "fans" rooting for losses of their "favorite" team are those whose investment is the occasional jersey and otherwise a 6 pack of Miller lite on Sundays to watch the game.

And you bet I mock and shame those rooting against my favorite football team. Any Dolfan rooting against the Dolphins (for whatever reasons) are placed on the shelve right next to Jets fans.

Good for you. You found a team. In nearly 20 years. Now in case of a QB it would be the only reason to draft high though even the past has shown that top 5 QB picks more often do not work out rather than being THE guy.
In our case though we do have our franchise QB don't we?

Cam was not the foundation. He was a complementary pick. The years before Cam was picked the Panthers were not just chopped liver like we are. They fiddled between mediocrity and Superbowl and NFC Championship game.
But again you are talking QB.

No matter how you twist it: rooting for your favorite team to lose is crap. End of story.

Standing around paying for a crap product and nothing changes in 20 freaking years, is crap.

But your right, I went from traveling to 2 Phin games a season....to none. I cancelled my Sunday Ticket subscription this year. Coors light on the occasion I do drink.

As for my pointing out Carolina and Atlanta, I only went back to 2008. And I never made the discussion exclusive to QB. I also have never been sold on Tannehill, but have advocated on building the team so he can succeed. Be it Guards or a legit seam threat TE.

You can enjoy your fanatical existence with this current crop of Miami Dolphins. To us normals, it comes off as borderline delusional. But hey, enjoy these next few weeks and the Phins run to the playoffs.

You can enjoy your fanatical existence with this current crop of Miami Dolphins. To us normals, it comes off as borderline delusional. But hey, enjoy these next few weeks and the Phins run to the playoffs.
Be very careful the direction you are going now.
I figured that you have nothing invested in the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom