If stadium vote passes, Dolphins to stay in Miami through at least 2043 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If stadium vote passes, Dolphins to stay in Miami through at least 2043

I hope the team moves to a city where the fans arent so fair weather.

those are few and far between and the city of miami is no differant from other cities with teams. Hell look at the city everyone want to move to LA. This whole move idea is a total joke made up to stir fans fears

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Like LA amirite?

Yea cities are just lining up to pay the way for millionaires.

those are few and far between and the city of miami is no differant from other cities with teams. Hell look at the city everyone want to move to LA. This whole move idea is a total joke made up to stir fans fears

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Yea cities are just lining up to pay the way for millionaires.

No. Like KC. Their fans always show up no matter how terrible the team is.

I will tell you a good market a team could capitalize on right now. Raleigh NC. Growing city with tons of people. That area dosent really have a team so it is filled with people who are fans of random teams. Its a young population too. Lots of growth moving in there to live for quite a while. Its a good 3 hrs or so to Charlotte from there and that is a young franchise that didnt catch the entire market of that state. Much of Raleigh's population is new. A team there could catch on with a lot of fans.

This must mean they are planning to leave in 2043 ! I KNEW IT! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! where's my tin foil hat

The Marlins Park was financed by a hotel bed tax. Please stop perpetuating this lie that Loria is an "evil" capitalist. He is a baseball team owner who understands every grand American city has a baseball team and a world class ball park that tourists can get interested in. Loria helped to create jobs during a recession and those jobs went to miamians.

If you want to be angry about the trade with the Blue Jays, fine. Be angry. But in regard to the Phins, they aren't leaving Miami
Umm he is what are you talking about? That fat **** pretty much has eliminated any chance of the Marlins developing a strong fan base or a contending team just so he can fatten his pockets and raise the Marlin's value by hundreds of millions of dollars. He hasn't done **** for the city of Miami instead he's ruined our baseball team which was once strong. He's basically building his wealth by stealing first from the county and 2nd by leeching off of others revenue sharing.

No. Like KC. Their fans always show up no matter how terrible the team is.

I will tell you a good market a team could capitalize on right now. Raleigh NC. Growing city with tons of people. That area dosent really have a team so it is filled with people who are fans of random teams. Its a young population too. Lots of growth moving in there to live for quite a while. Its a good 3 hrs or so to Charlotte from there and that is a young franchise that didnt catch the entire market of that state. Much of Raleigh's population is new. A team there could catch on with a lot of fans.

Kc attendance isnt all that still like 89 percent which is what Miami's usually is. Miami's attendance has just now started to waver over the past two years . The people attacking Miami attendance obviously have not looked at historical data on Miami attendance and an off season of adding Richard Marshall and scrubby mcfarland is not going to sell tickets. The area is tired of losing and they get that management cares less what they think

The Dolphins are not leaving south florida.

Since that's out of the way, sofla is one of the worst markets to run a sports team.
The fans are fickle and will only support teams that are winning.
The Government works against teams when asking for support and renovations.
Bad public transportation and transportation in general(which hurts attendance).

Despite all that, it's still too big and powerful of a market for any major sports league to ignore and leave.
Ross just picked a really bad time to ask for renovations only months after the marlins fire sale 3.0.
I think the local government will bite their tongue and pass it.

and the Marlins will be fine too once Selig finally has the guts to replace Loria like he did with McCourt.

This must mean they are planning to leave in 2043 ! I KNEW IT! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! where's my tin foil hat

I wonder if they were selling those hats in LA x2, Houston, St Louis, Baltimore and Cleveland?

Umm he is what are you talking about? That fat **** pretty much has eliminated any chance of the Marlins developing a strong fan base or a contending team just so he can fatten his pockets and raise the Marlin's value by hundreds of millions of dollars. He hasn't done **** for the city of Miami instead he's ruined our baseball team which was once strong. He's basically building his wealth by stealing first from the county and 2nd by leeching off of others revenue sharing.

lol some of you act like owning a sports franchise is charity work. They are supposed to make a profit.

However in no way is what Loria did the right thing to do. He simply lied about his situation, not a good thing for an owner of a sports franchise to ever do.

Mike Dee ‏@MikeDeeFins 4m
With the offer that is now on the table, Norman Braman is frankly irrelevant to this conversation...

Mike Dee ‏@MikeDeeFins 4m
When he agrees to repay the public money he accepted for his dealership, we will be happy to acknowledge his otherwise hypocritical stance.

Blunt! But pretty accuarate

lol some of you act like owning a sports franchise is charity work. They are supposed to make a profit.

However in no way is what Loria did the right thing to do. He simply lied about his situation, not a good thing for an owner of a sports franchise to ever do.

Last time I checked all NFL teams for most part are profitable franchises

Forget it, the deal isn't passing. There are too many crooked politicians in Miami. Either way I have lost all respect for Stephen Ross and Mike Dee for changing the logo and uniform. It's more than just a logo. It's tradition. I don't trust those two guys. They are crooks, who only care about themselves. That is why they changed the logo because they don't care about the history of the Dolphins.

Blunt! But pretty accuarate

A Dolphins spokesman said Tuesday night that the statement referred to state tax credits to Braman Motors. Businesses can qualify for tax credits for expanding payroll.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nake...playing-with-the-numbers-1.html#storylink=cpy

Ignoring the utter hilarity behind Mike Dee calling others out for requesting public money, who wants to bet the Dolphins(and/or the NFL) does the same thing as Braman?

I do find it heartening that people have had such a change of heart since the election. In just 6 months people who were slamming the redistribution of public funds now completely support it for the Dolphins. Wonder why that is...

If the ppl of Dade county turn this deal down, they deserve to lose the Miami Dolphins franchise at some point in the future. And I have no doubt if Ross can't get Dade county to help with the cost, he will in time find an excuse to move. And personally I wouldn't blame him. Miami is a spoiled front running sports town, they seem to think having a NFL franchise is some kind of berth right. We've had Dolphin owners that have basically paid their way the entire history of our franchise and the ppl of Dade county don't seem to appreciate how lucky we have been.

Funny you sound different in the PoFo when it comes to government handouts.

So a city should pay almost nothing to keep a NFL franchise while taking the TAX money that a NFL franchise generates for the county and state? I won't even go into how many jobs the Miami Dolphins franchise provides for Dade county and the state of Florida. This concept that tax payers shouldn't pay to keep a sports franchise is naive IMO.

As far as the school stuff, give me a break. We have spent billions of dollars on our school system and all that has happened is it has gotten worse every year. You want to fix the school system, make teachers accountable. If your students get F's you should be high on the list to be let go. That's how you fix our school system.

If the students get Fs its the teachers fault and needs to be fired? When I grew up it was the student's fault in combination with the parents for bad grades.

I don't think it is naive thinking. It's a simple greed factor. The economic impact down here from a Superbowl is overstated. February is hiogh tourist season down here. The extra few thousand don't make a difference.

The owner is living and working in the free market. Pay for your own upgrades. At the end people going to the stadium will pay for it extra anyways through higher ticket prices, extra dollars in concessions etc.
See, Ross owns the Dolphins and the Stadium. He gets a free money ride for the upgrades and charges the Dolphins more rent. It is an upgraded Stadium after all. And with the Dolphins he will charge Joe Average too make up for these higher rents. At the end: it is the tax payer (hotel tax or not) and the fan who will pay. And Ross will make more money than the entire upgrade was worth.

If there is a threat to move the Dolphins: please go take that operation with you. It's not like we have gotten refunds or lower ticket prices because of a substandard product over the last few years. The Dolphins will continue to exist, even if Ross would move the franchise. Another city survived another greedy owner just the same way: Cleveland Browns.

No the city has not moved hand in hand with the Dolphins. The city basically insured Joe Robbie went bankrupt. What a disgusting thing. Miami IMO has done very little to nothing to make the Miami Dolphins franchise feel at home. But they sure as hell accept the tax money and jobs they bring to the area. Not to mention the other franchises that came to Miami all owe a lot to Joe Robbie, not Dade county. Only a dumb business man uses his own money, look at Joe Robbie. I think Ross knows enough about Robbie that he won't allow that to happen.

WTF!!!!
Joe Robbie was a nice rich man when he died. Nobody bankrupted him. The Stadium was sold upon his death by his family because of the estate tax.

Plus the city of Miami doesn't really have to do anything in the past as the Stadium is outside city limits and the city does not even receive any city tax.
The other franchises? Marlins played until a couple years ago at Sun Life as well. No city tax to Miami.
The Panthers play in the city of Sunrise. That is not even the same county as Miami.
The only team playing since its inception in Miami and continuously playing in Miami is the Heat.

The city of Miami actually enabled the Miami Heat and the Panthers to have their home. The Miami Arena was build, financed and owned by the city of Miami. Until 1999 the Heat played in the Arena.

You really need to catch up on our surroundings down here. You are a little all over the place here.

I do find it heartening that people have had such a change of heart since the election. In just 6 months people who were slamming the redistribution of public funds now completely support it for the Dolphins. Wonder why that is...

I don't know what the history is here, but to be fair this should probably be viewed as an investment -- especially considering the updated terms the Dolphins have conceded -- more than anything.

The only question I have is whether or not it's a good or a bad investment, since I don't have the numbers the county does with respect to the economic and tax impact of hosting a Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom