If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
The answer should be obvious but it won't be, because 'Murrica. Kaepernick is the best QB available. Well, either him or Cutler because of his history with Gase.
My only reservation with Kap is I dont think he fits in this offense.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Don't let Daytona catch you talking about movies...

I don't see Cutler or Romo coming aboard b/c we're not SB contenders.

Trading draft capital away to acquire a QB would also be foolish since we're not in a win-now mode and there's not some proverbial window closing.

Running with Moore makes zero sense b/c we know what he brings (or what he doesn't is more like it) and we'd be better off bringing in young talent and seeing what they are capable of.

Kaepernick makes the most sense in the short term.

Gotta kick all the available tires because Doughty sure as hell can't be the primary backup. Have a feeling they roll with Moore. What was the point of not 'taking the gamble' on a young QB with promise and having a 'safe' bet as your back up if you're not gonna use him in dire straits? It's the whole reason for not having an unknown back there.

Talk to everybody. Gauge interest and see what contract demands are. Pick the one that makes the most sense and have them compete with Moore. Sucks but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Before anyone gets too misled by Kaepernick's decent stats last season while going 1-10, of the 10 losses, 6 were by 13 or more points and included 3 that were over 20pts. (his 1 win was a 1 pt win vs the Rams).

There's a lot of garbage time flexibility calculated into those stats.

Before anyone gets too misled by Kaepernick's decent stats last season while going 1-10, of the 10 losses, 6 were by 13 or more points and included 3 that were over 20pts. (his 1 win was a 1 pt win vs the Rams).

There's a lot of garbage time flexibility calculated into those stats.

Well, if he comes aboard it'll be easy to dispel that notion of garbage time build ups and will reveal a smart and very athletic QB who's worthy of a starting gig in the NFL. Until then I'm not going to spend the time to post all the film.

After some deliberation, I actually want to rescind my vote for Tony Romo.

I don't want Cutler, Romo, or Kap to sign on this team. The Dolphins have said Moore will start, meaning we are signing a media circus type of player to be a backup. That's a recipe for disaster, and if that QB does wind up starting at some point, the story of the 2017 Dolphins becomes that mercenary quarterback, rather than Adam Gase's 53 man football team.

I don't know about you, but that's not what I'm looking for out of this season.

I don't want Cutler, Romo, or Kap to sign on this team. The Dolphins have said Moore will start, meaning we are signing a media circus type of player to be a backup. That's a recipe for disaster, and if that QB does wind up starting at some point, the story of the 2017 Dolphins becomes that mercenary quarterback, rather than Adam Gase's 53 man football team.

agree with every word, great post.

Sorry I might not have been following as closely but when did they say Moore will be the starter?

Back
Top Bottom