If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
id rather roll with matt moore if tannehill is out at all

Me too. If we get a QB, he'd better be a FA. Not Kaep. I like him as a person, but terrible fit and had a bad year last year despite what the TD/Int ratio might seem. Cutler or Romo would be the only alternatives I'd like.

Osweiler had better not be in the radar. He's never been good. He was slightly less sucky than a horrible Peyton Manning, but the kid just doesn't have it. I'd rather have Josh Mcown or Brian Hoyer.

The more I think about it, the more I think that we may end up with a reasonably-cheaply-acquired Brock Osweiller backing up either Tannehill or Moore. He and Gase have had a mutual admiration society. Before the disastrous Houston season, Gase, as his QC and then OC was singing his praises. So they have worked together well.

With all the talk that Gase would have accepted a SF HC position with Kaepernick, was a major difference in Jay Cutler's performance, worked wonders with Tannehill and could do the same with either of those other 2, Osweiller is being overlooked. It's reasonable to believe that based on Adam's first hand observations, he would have the belief that he could make those same impactful differences with Osweiller.

Now I know he's the least favorable preference, but based on positive past association, ease of acquisition, likelihood that Cleveland would eat most of his comp, it certainly is within the realm of possibility.

vis a vis:

and an outside opinion advocating trading for Osweiller:

Osweiller proved he couldn't hang in Gase's scheme by failing in O'Briens in Houston. It's the same E&P system and he was horrible in it.

PHOTO-Colin-Kaepernick-Wearing-Fidel-Castro-T-Shirt-At-Press-Conference.jpg

After some deliberation, I actually want to rescind my vote for Tony Romo.

I don't want Cutler, Romo, or Kap to sign on this team. The Dolphins have said Moore will start, meaning we are signing a media circus type of player to be a backup. That's a recipe for disaster, and if that QB does wind up starting at some point, the story of the 2017 Dolphins becomes that mercenary quarterback, rather than Adam Gase's 53 man football team.

I don't know about you, but that's not what I'm looking for out of this season.

Of course they said he would start. As of now, he's the only QB on the team with any experience. You've been following the league (and any professional league, really) long enough to know that doesn't mean ****.

I voted for Kaep because he's not injury prone and doesn't feel like a retread QB. If we sign him, the media circus will last 2 weeks max then we can focus on football.

I am past what kaepernick did last year. I believe he would be great for us and lead us to many victories. I voted 4 him and broke 50 50 tie and put him in first. I expect to hear we signed him tomorrow and will be thrilled.

If I can have any QB in place of Ryan Tannehill, I'll take Tom Brady!

At least get him into a Dolphin's uniform for an hour or so......that would guarantee us that he'll get hurt this year! :wall

Most people still have no idea what Colin Kaepernick was even kneeling for. Most hate him for being anti-American or unpatriotic when that had nothing to do with his protest. The guy took great personal sacrifice to bring attention to his issue. He wasn’t giving lip service to it, he paid dearly. Very few would ever do such a thing for any issue. He probably had no idea when it started that the protest and kneeling would get far more press and publicity than the actual issue he was doing it for. He became a bigger story. But once you are in and committed, what do you do? Cut your losses and cave in or stick to your guns and ride it out? His choice was to stick to it and ride it out. So give him props for having the fortitude to dedicate himself to his cause and man up through the waves of hostility and standing up (or kneeling down) for something he took on and stuck with all season. There were guys on our team who did it too. If he comes in and says I will dedicate who I am to being the best quarterback I can be, you have to know the guy is serious and he will not waver under pressure or criticism. Everybody deserves a second chance and do a little research and you might even agree with him. I don’t believe you should take your personal issues with you to work and become a distraction on your bosses time. To me, that publicity was stolen from NFL broadcast minutes. I disagree with him in doing it at work. But that’s a different issue than what he was protesting and I basically do agree with what he was trying to say. I would have no problem with him as a quarterback playing football because of his one man protest against oppression during the 2016 season. Move on. Throw the rock, man.

I voted for Kaep because he's not injury prone and doesn't feel like a retread QB. If we sign him, the media circus will last 2 weeks max then we can focus on football.

Kaep not injury phone except for when his team wants to release him so he can go to an organization that actually wants to play him. Then he magically develops an injury that means he can't be released. That pocket change was sure great, but he would still have a career if he had let the 49ers let him go when teams still wanted him. Please remember that this is a guy who lost his job to Blaine Gabbert who actually outplayed him in a few starts in 2015.

People imagining that he has talent are looking at what he did with a stacked team before the league figured him out. I really don't care what you did when you were at the top of the mountain, if you crumble when you face adversity, that's what you are.

Most people still have no idea what Colin Kaepernick was even kneeling for. Most hate him for being anti-American or unpatriotic when that had nothing to do with his protest. The guy took great personal sacrifice to bring attention to his issue. He wasn’t giving lip service to it, he paid dearly. Very few would ever do such a thing for any issue. He probably had no idea when it started that the protest and kneeling would get far more press and publicity than the actual issue he was doing it for. He became a bigger story. But once you are in and committed, what do you do? Cut your losses and cave in or stick to your guns and ride it out? His choice was to stick to it and ride it out. So give him props for having the fortitude to dedicate himself to his cause and man up through the waves of hostility and standing up (or kneeling down) for something he took on and stuck with all season. There were guys on our team who did it too. If he comes in and says I will dedicate who I am to being the best quarterback I can be, you have to know the guy is serious and he will not waver under pressure or criticism. Everybody deserves a second chance and do a little research and you might even agree with him. I don’t believe you should take your personal issues with you to work and become a distraction on your bosses time. To me, that publicity was stolen from NFL broadcast minutes. I disagree with him in doing it at work. But that’s a different issue than what he was protesting and I basically do agree with what he was trying to say. I would have no problem with him as a quarterback playing football because of his one man protest against oppression during the 2016 season. Move on. Throw the rock, man.

Cry me a river. Kaep's protest served its purpose at the time. For all we know the 49ers were going to cut him before he pulled that bull. And without getting political, he is actually extremely ignorant and hypocritical in his views. Kaep wasn't bringing attention to a cause, he was bringing attention to himself.

I believe in Adam Gase. Whoever we choose I'll believe it's his choice and will have nothing to do with politics. I know that's boring but it's how I feel. I'll take his choice over anyone who posts here. He wants to win football and will make his choice based on who gives us the best chance to win. Whether its Kap, Cutler or Moore I'll take his choice over anyone on some fan site.

Kaep has three HUGE problems:

1. Kaep is about Kaep. Not team first. Not country first. Not even fake-concern-issues first. The real story behind his supposedly noble protest is all about HIM. When you have your key player 100 percent against subsuming his personal agend to the team's agenda, you get what happend to Kaep his whole career: after flashing on scene with a league not-yet-ready for his style of play, with top level talent all the way around on both sides of the ball, he did fairly well. Then the talent around him dropped off, but his ego had just started to take off. Then his HC left. He took more leadership. Rest is history. His leadership made each individual on the team more about the individual. Team in the toilet.
2. Kaep is a QB that the league has figured out. Period. Any team that has a real DL and cover LBs and decent DBs will feast on Kaep. Miami's bottom-dwelling D last year made Kaep look decent. But man. See the light.
3. Perhaps the biggest issue: Kaep CANNOT step in and lead a pro-style offense. He has to have the offense tailored just for him. It's laughable to think that Kaep can run the offense like RT and make the reads, calls and throws that RT can. And this for pretty much every offense in the league. He can't step in and be a backup, because he can't do what the starter does, most of the time. Plus, his ego isn't interested in anything other than starting.

Kaep comes to Miami and I'll have to take a year off of watching football. Just ain't worth it.

LD

Back
Top Bottom